PDA

View Full Version : Stretch marks

Clowgon
15-08-2009, 05:34 PM
No, i haven't got them. :$ :P

I know someone who recently had a baby but left visible Stretch marks around her belly. Is there any stuff available on the high street that can get rid of them?

I know Coca Butter might be good..

Catzsy
15-08-2009, 05:36 PM
No, i haven't got them. :$ :P

I know someone who recently had a baby but left visible Stretch marks around her belly. Is there any stuff available on the high street that can get rid of them?

I know Coca Butter might be good..

Well I heard that plain old olive oil is pretty good for this.

NIKKEE
15-08-2009, 05:41 PM
Bio-Oil is alright, but it'll still leave big white silvery lines. I had big ones on my hips and I had some on my bust, and they really made me feel depressed. So I used my own money and have them lasered every 2 months, and they're pretty much gone, they're completely smooth and in another 4 months there should be no lines whatsoever, but really, she will ALWAYS have silver lines and they will always be lumpy and stick out unless she does anything else, but it comes at £200 each session and I'm having five - but completely worth it.

Clowgon
15-08-2009, 06:16 PM
Well I heard that plain old olive oil is pretty good for this.

I'll do some following up on that one. Thanks. :)

Bio-Oil is alright, but it'll still leave big white silvery lines. I had big ones on my hips and I had some on my bust, and they really made me feel depressed. So I used my own money and have them lasered every 2 months, and they're pretty much gone, they're completely smooth and in another 4 months there should be no lines whatsoever, but really, she will ALWAYS have silver lines and they will always be lumpy and stick out unless she does anything else, but it comes at £200 each session and I'm having five - but completely worth it.

Ye I've heard of that one before they say it's quite good but can leave marks. Hmm laser treatment, would be a few thousand maybe? They quite long the stretch marks so i'm guessing she's probably need to have more than 5 laser treatment ops?

Anyways thanks for that.

Cyndia
15-08-2009, 07:00 PM
Personally, I tried the cocoa butter (I have some stretch marks on my butt/hip area from when I hit puberty) but it never seemed to do much. Exfoliating helps a bit too apparently, though again didn't seem to do much for me. The best way to get rid of it would be as nikkee said to get laser treatment or just to get cosmetic surgery to cut away the skin/tighten the rest of it. It is ridiculously expensive and she would need multiple treatments.. I'm sure it also might be painful though I don't know.

Abbie.
15-08-2009, 08:03 PM
i have quite purple ones around my chest, but im just going to keep putting normal mousturiser on them, and hopefully they'll just fade, im not that bothered about them really!

NIKKEE
15-08-2009, 08:51 PM
Well it'll cost me about £1000, and it is DEFINITELY expensive, but if she's going to have these for the rest of her life, then really she should look into it, although I can see it would maybe be hard if they've just had a baby.
Mines were very, very long and red and purple, and the improvement is amazing, I shouldn't really see the need to have much more than 5 or 6, I'd reccomend it, it's so much quicker, and rubbing in oils and things take ages. Good luck to her!

itsMIKEYY
29-08-2009, 10:44 AM
you cannot get rid of stretch marks. They just fade naturally, but they'll never completely go.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!