PDA

View Full Version : New Council Member?

Seti
20-07-2005, 05:19 PM
This may be old...but when i walked into the habbo council drop in, i found coolmandan6's name on the list of staff. if hes a new member, congrats

Revis
20-07-2005, 05:22 PM
I wonder how long he had his head up Callies a**e to get that?

Craig
20-07-2005, 05:22 PM
yer i think hes new

DJ-Purcelly
20-07-2005, 05:25 PM
just becasue him and callie are close does not mean she is bias towards him in anyway.

Revis
20-07-2005, 05:26 PM
We all know that Habbo Ltd are as corrupt as most of the African Countries presidents.

Colourfulâ„¢
20-07-2005, 05:27 PM
well most of the people own a good popular help desk

!.x6x.Fliss.x9x.!
20-07-2005, 05:28 PM
Yep, as far as I know that's new :) Come on guys, if they are mates then there's no law against that. She just likes him ;)

DJ-Purcelly
20-07-2005, 05:35 PM
well done !.x6x.Fliss.x9x.! i agree

so the rest fo you are saying if you were very good freinds with callie and she offered you a job as council member, you would turn it down.

NO you wouldnt so lay of him.

------------------------------------

We all know that Habbo Ltd are as corrupt as most of the African Countries presidents.

I find that a very racist comment!

bwabycinderella
20-07-2005, 05:43 PM
HE HAS BEEN ON FOR A WHILE.All people who won a habbo award 2004 got to be on it.

GommeInc
20-07-2005, 05:45 PM
What I dont get it, she has to be very biased to make him a council member and advertise his WOnder World Themepark, what's so good about it?

Glitzing
20-07-2005, 05:47 PM
I totally agree Fliss. Also Callie must of thought that CoolManDan6 was ready to become part of the Council and i think he will do and exceptional Job. I wish him good luck with the future Council. CoolManDan6 deserves it.

Revis
20-07-2005, 05:47 PM
I've been on Habbo since the beginningish, I haven't befriended any of the staff and no-one has heard of me? Coincedence (Don't Quote me on the spelling, I know its terrible (18:56 on 20-07-05))?

GommeInc
20-07-2005, 05:49 PM
People like me and Properganda will make Council Members, we don't kiss up to the 2 faced Habbo Staff and we are always critise Habbo's bad services.

Rawr
20-07-2005, 05:50 PM
Wow what a suprise all the names on that list own a popular room or have bumed habbo staff so much to get where they are. No offence. I also think Coolmandan6 will do a great job though :D

GommeInc
20-07-2005, 05:52 PM
Coolmandan6 may do a good job, but is it worth it? The Council have beenn pretty hidden lately...

dannyboymed
20-07-2005, 05:53 PM
I don't think he's new? :s I've seen him on that list before.

Michael.
20-07-2005, 05:58 PM
Come on guys, if they are mates then there's no law against that. She just likes him ;)Once again she bends the rules to suit herself & her friends. Pfft, a council is supposed to be democratic, not 'the dictator' choosing who she wants on it.

so the rest fo you are saying if you were very good freinds with callie and she offered you a job as council member, you would turn it down.You've missed the point, I wouldn't turn it down, it's the corruption of Callie to offer him it in the first place.

I find that a very racist comment!That's not racist. Do you know how corrupt Robert Mugabe is. Half of the problem with poverty in africa is thanks to corrupt leaders.

Rant over!

GommeInc
20-07-2005, 06:08 PM
More proof shes Imp, she did this aswell.

bwabycinderella
20-07-2005, 06:13 PM
Right people :- this is NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT callie showing favouritism these people were voted by the habbo public (yes the public) to recieve an award *cept the hobbas*
all those who won an award of some sort in the official habbo awards were also given council membership.

GommeInc
20-07-2005, 06:14 PM
I dont remember voting anyone for this and if we did, we voted them for something else, not council membership...

Coolmandan6
20-07-2005, 06:16 PM
I have been on the Council for a month. Callie offerd me the job as i did win an award in habbo awards 04, i worked for habbopaper and have had alot of experience. When i was given the job i did not no callie that well myself so i didnt know her that well. I was put on the council due to a few council members wanting me there as a democracy. I just thought id clear that up.

Michael.
20-07-2005, 06:24 PM
I think the council is a waste of space, and I also think that soapbox is much better as normal habbos get to have their own views and ideas expressed, then rejected by Dionysus right infront of them. The Habbo Council just collects ideas, then forwards them to Callie for them all to be rejected. Where's the amusement in that? It's quite funny to see Habbos who have wasted hours of their life thinking how to make Habbo better are rejected in the matter of 5 mins.

But, I guess Callie's not gonna get rid of it so all I can say is I'm standing for election, and you all better vote for me.

GommeInc
20-07-2005, 06:45 PM
Soapbox is better but the person running it is rubbish. He kicks people and ignores you. Callie should do Soapbox.

You
20-07-2005, 06:55 PM
Soapbox is better but the person running it is rubbish. He kicks people and ignores you. Callie should do Soapbox.
She'd do the same,

Coolmandan6
20-07-2005, 06:57 PM
Yer i must admit i been in soapox many times and have been kicked alot.

Stimulante
20-07-2005, 07:03 PM
Dan, you deserved it, i can assure you, thes 1 more new member comin soon too.

Mit
20-07-2005, 07:11 PM
dont be mean , people on council have worked hard on habbo.

i think if people actually bothered with the council instead of scripting it or bein mean to them

bwabycinderella
20-07-2005, 07:21 PM
mit you spelt commitment wrong dear.

Phila
20-07-2005, 07:29 PM

Hahaha! Classic comment mate!

Revis
20-07-2005, 07:38 PM
Dunno wether that was sarcasm Phila but cheers. And the Habbo Awards, just another popularity contest, these people were only put up for nomination because they we're well known because of richness or w/e, I know some awesome people who aren't well known, but deserve those awards, yet they can't get nominated because only a handfull of people know how awesome they are.

+ I got grey rep for being racist or w/e, yet they didn't leave there name :eusa_thin , Can I just say that one of the reasons G8 haven't stopped the African debt is because most of the goverments won't give the money to help feed the poor and give medicines to people who desperatly need it, but buy lavish palaces, fund militia men to reigh terror on their country. So saying these people are corrupt is racist. Right...

GommeInc
20-07-2005, 07:42 PM
She'd do the same,
Probably, maybe GlitterKat? We need someone actually friendly and willing to listen.

:.Matty.:
20-07-2005, 07:51 PM
Coolmandan6 is a new council member. He has joined us about two weeks ago. Callie picked him because of his contribution to Habbo Hotel. Also, you will notice popular people, that you may know are being picked, this is because alot of well-known habbos, get to see alot of habbos daily, and are able to gather alot of ideas from them.

Stop trying to make Callie look bad, she is doing a hell lot of events for you lot (which she organises in her own time!)

Eckuii
20-07-2005, 07:53 PM
Coolmandan6 is a new council member. He has joined us about two weeks ago. Callie picked him because of his contribution to Habbo Hotel. Also, you will notice popular people, that you may know are being picked, this is because alot of well-known habbos, get to see alot of habbos daily, and are able to gather alot of ideas from them.

Stop trying to make Callie look bad, she is doing a hell lot of events for you lot (which she organises in her own time!)

Contribution? Making a theme park? Cool. I should make one.

kasi
20-07-2005, 07:54 PM
I wonder how long he had his head up Callies a**e to get that?

well said. i agree

Coolmandan6
20-07-2005, 07:56 PM
Funny how some people can just change ay Eckuii.

Eckuii
20-07-2005, 07:59 PM
Funny how some people can just change ay Eckuii.

Change? I am still the same... Just saying how I wish I had become the first one to open a theme park ;p Then I would be in the council ;)

Coolmandan6
20-07-2005, 08:02 PM
Sure just make a theme park and become on the council its that easy Oh wait its not.

Rawr
20-07-2005, 08:15 PM
Lol you need to have your head up there bottoms aswell :p

dirrty-dude
20-07-2005, 08:17 PM
Sure just make a theme park and become on the council its that easy Oh wait its not.

Well what else did you do; just wondering.

Seacat
20-07-2005, 08:19 PM
I don't agree, I'm sure there are people out there who aren't well known that do a hell of alot more than most of the council members. Habbo awards/councils or whatever always have been and always will be judged on popularity/richness of the person or how much they kiss Habbo staffs' butt, a couple of the Habbo council members do contribute alot to Habbo, but I think you will notice most, if not all are related to some kind of Habbo Fansite, hence the reason they're popular and therefore on the Habbo council.

Congratulations to Coolmandan.

Also, you will notice popular people, that you may know are being picked, this is because alot of well-known habbos, get to see alot of habbos daily, and are able to gather alot of ideas from them.

You
20-07-2005, 08:21 PM
Probably, maybe GlitterKat? We need someone actually friendly and willing to listen.
Me :p I'll listen ;)

alexxxxx
20-07-2005, 08:24 PM
that you may know are being picked, this is because alot of well-known habbos, get to see alot of habbos daily, and are able to gather alot of ideas from them.

Hmm - I see alot of Habbos everyday - and I get some of their opinions CAN I BE ON THE COUNCIL!

jamie5k
20-07-2005, 08:38 PM
oh its one of the ppl that su.ck up to callie

GommeInc
20-07-2005, 08:43 PM
Popular people? Most of them are idiots that kiss up to become popular and therefore become snobbish. I think sack all the ones in the council and hire people who have been on habbo for ages and know what they are up against and know what will be happening and what sort of questions they're likely to expect.

Coolmandan6
20-07-2005, 08:46 PM
So your saying none of us on the council now dont know how to do any of what you just said?

alexxxxx
20-07-2005, 08:46 PM
Popular people? Most of them are idiots that kiss up to become popular and therefore become snobbish. I think sack all the ones in the council and hire people who have been on habbo for ages and know what they are up against and know what will be happening and what sort of questions they're likely to expect.

Agreed...

Seacat
20-07-2005, 08:49 PM
About a quarter of the Habbo Council are Hobbas or staff, well HELLO aren't they supposed to contribute anyway!?

GommeInc
So your saying none of us on the council now dont know how to do any of what you just said?
Depends, do you know the ins and outs of Habbo? Do you understand 2 sides of the story, the bad and good? Do you have a sense of realism and actually know what would be the conciquences of some ideas and IF they'll actually come true?

About a quarter of the Habbo Council are Hobbas or staff, well HELLO aren't they supposed to contribute anyway!?

Hobba's can give ideas whenever they want I always thought, why let them in the council

alexxxxx
Can someone tell me what the Habbo Council has ever done???

Seacat
20-07-2005, 08:50 PM
They take our ideas, god knows what happens after that with them :o

Can someone tell me what the Habbo Council has ever done???

GommeInc
20-07-2005, 08:52 PM
They're chucked in the bin, you of all people must sense that!

Coolmandan6
20-07-2005, 08:53 PM
Yes i think its quite easy doing that, its not very hard taking someone sideas and looking at both sides of the story to them. Also ideas are not chucked in the bin just obviously some things just Cannot be done as the hotel manager doesn't MAKE the furniture, thats sulake job!

Depends, do you know the ins and outs of Habbo? Do you understand 2 sides of the story, the bad and good? Do you have a sense of realism and actually know what would be the conciquences of some ideas and IF they'll actually come true?

GommeInc
20-07-2005, 08:55 PM
Obviously, but would the ideas contributed have to be used over every hotel not just ours and what has actually passed through to the making round?

Coolmandan6
20-07-2005, 09:05 PM
I like it how you think Ideas can be made within a click of there fingers, Most ideas are about the hotel stuff, furniture thats sulakes job.

Ikine
20-07-2005, 09:07 PM
I stick by Coolmandan6 he is a great person and he deserves the job well done! But i dont realy think Callie is fair because she stole my idea!!! A few weeks before the council opened/started i sent in an idea about a habbo reps you know like you get at school your tutor reps ect so i thought that and she stole it i think until she gives prof many of you will think well he is jelous i dont realy care if you think that as i know in my heart i sent that idea in.
Well DONE COOLMANDAN6 AKA DAN (Great Boss Too)

GommeInc
20-07-2005, 09:08 PM
I didnt actually say that I ment, wouldn't one idea e.g. Cross Dressing, have to be used on every hotel because Habbo is not just one hotel but aload of others and they need to keep the same basic plan and set up.

On the note of ideas, some of these ideas I doubt will be out when the person giving the ideas will still be on the hotl. So basically 1 idea takes a year or 2 make andthe person giving the idea then moves on from Habbo. WOuldn't it be best to say somewhere you are thinking for the future?

_Olam_
20-07-2005, 10:19 PM
Ah, you people are so biased it's unbelievable.

Firstly I didn't kiss up to anyone to get my position. I hate popularity, I dislike strangers saying hi to me and I generally hate talking. I'm on the council to do a job, that's what I do. I'm not there to wave a flag and say how great I am, I'll leave that trash to Habbo models who rush around saying how freakin' pretty they are compared to everyone else.

Your ideas do not get thrown in the bin, they are discussed. We sit around a table and discuss them, ideas that can work are elaborated on and debated about, if they have the potential to work Ms. Callie sets about putting them up. The council is a relatively new organisation, so far we haven't had a *chance* to make massive changes. The changes we make are up to you, we suggest what you TELL us to suggest, as long as we think it would work.

We handle ideas with the potential to work. Ideas like 'new furni plzzz' or 'wot about da habbo monkeyzz?' are all very nice, but those are Sulake's kettle of fish (cod, not plaice). Ms. Callie cannot order Sulake to make things for you. If Ms. Callie phoned up Sulake HQ and said a number of users want Habbo gerbils, they would laugh at her. Sulake have their own plans for new furniture/features/clothes, let them handle it.

Ms. Callie CAN change things on the site, she can change the way the hotel runs and she can influence the hotel itself.

Why does Ms. Callie pick 'popular' people (minus myself of course)? Because our jobs can be performed by any idiot this side of Pluto. All we do is collect ideas, present them and then justify why we have presented them. There's no intelligence, no personality, no real creativity. She needs people she can trust to have rights in one of her rooms, why does she need to hold an election for that? Who gives a damn who is in the council, as long as the job gets done by someone who doesn't muck it up?

No one kisses up to get the positions, none of us asked to be on the council plain out.

Soapbox is totally different to the council and should not be compared. It's not there to record things or make a difference - it's simply an open debate, a nice discussion for fun.

Rareoid
21-07-2005, 07:24 AM
just becasue him and callie are close does not mean she is bias towards him in anyway.

Dan's a total legend so i'm treating him as a Habbo, not as my mate.

However, of course him and Callie being close means she biasesed towards him. Are you honestly telling me that...

Dbzone, Dave..ThatsMe, moonglowgirl, Budy, Mystique!, Sken

are on the council because the staff thought they'd be good on the council, or were they picked because there mates with staff?

BLuweesH
21-07-2005, 07:30 AM
Oh! Wooo another member! How come there's nothing in the newsie about them anymore?

Coolmandan6
21-07-2005, 08:22 AM
Dbzone, Dave..ThatsMe, moonglowgirl, Budy, Mystique!, Sken are on the council because the staff thought they'd be good on the council, or were they picked because there mates with staff?

Okay so DbZone, Dave..Thatsme run sites and won awards i think for them in habbo awards WHICH was voted by the habbo public. Budy and Moonglowgirl won Mr and Ms Habbo also VOTED by the habbo public. Mystique was involved in a Safety Week type that came from help desks which she also runs.

GommeInc
21-07-2005, 12:12 PM
Budy hopefully wont go into the council, hes to much of an idiot. Moonglowgirl I have never actually heard of nor seen so don't know and Mystique seems friendly.

Rarelime
21-07-2005, 03:07 PM
Mystique! definately deserves her place in the council because when she's online she works her socks off, same with DJ-3000 and :.Matty.:. Don't get me wrong but they all deserve their places in the council for contributing to the "Habbo nation".

alexxxxx
21-07-2005, 03:28 PM
Moonglowgirl I have never actually heard of nor seen so don't know and Mystique seems friendly.

Moonglowgirl was Miss Habbo 2004! Yh Mystique does actually deserve it - She cares...

Coolmandan6
21-07-2005, 04:23 PM
Moonglowgirl has done so much for the community.

Jordan3
21-07-2005, 04:27 PM
Yeah, well done Danneh boy :)

GommeInc
21-07-2005, 04:34 PM
I didn't know who she was until I helped skin mrshabbo.co.uk which is a site dedicated for her. As you can see I am not good with people who are "famous"

The Professor
21-07-2005, 06:40 PM
Lol Gomme. No-one really cares for the rich n famous. They have all they need, and still want more. Greedy gits.

EV0LUTION
22-07-2005, 06:39 AM
I think the Habbo Council is an overall good idea, however I agree how many people got the place on it. There are only a handful of people on the council who actually do a good job; _Olam_, Moonglowgirl etc. and some of them like Budy do jack all.

We voted in the Habbo Awards for what we liked not for council members. For example "WINA OF DA THEME ROOM 2005" you voted for a theme room you liked. It didn't say "DESE PPLZ WIL WIN HABO COUNCIL MEMBERSHAP!"

IMO we need people on the council who arn't ":O HABBO STAFF LETS SURROUND IT!! HELLO HABBA WIL U ACEPT MA F/R" and only see's the good side to Habbo, we need slightly more rebellious people like _Olam_ and GommeInc who criticise Habbo, as then it gives it room to improve.

Coolmandan6
22-07-2005, 07:37 AM
If i was put on the habbo council for my best themed room habbo award why wasn't i put on the council at the begining. I know best themed room helped but theres a few other reasons.

!:Joe:!
22-07-2005, 09:12 AM
Yeah he told me that he was chosen about a week ago :) and btw he doesnt have his head up Callies a**e all the time, it is called friendship.

All you people that say things like that,

You are just jealous.

Simple.

EV0LUTION
22-07-2005, 09:37 AM
If i was put on the habbo council for my best themed room habbo award why wasn't i put on the council at the begining. I know best themed room helped but theres a few other reasons.

I wonder what..

Revis
22-07-2005, 01:16 PM
You are just jealous.

Simple.
Jealous of being given extra work on watch should be an enjoyable game? No. Disapointed that the management who run the game aren't fair? Yes.

Erm I might of read it and still wanted to make my point _Olam_, although I can't remember now :s

_Olam_
23-07-2005, 06:00 PM
Jealous of being given extra work on watch should be an enjoyable game? No. Disapointed that the management who run the game aren't fair? Yes.Yay for not reading what I said!

Why does Ms. Callie pick 'popular' people (minus myself of course)? Because our jobs can be performed by any idiot this side of Pluto. All we do is collect ideas, present them and then justify why we have presented them. There's no intelligence, no personality, no real creativity. She needs people she can trust to have rights in one of her rooms, why does she need to hold an election for that? Who gives a damn who is in the council, as long as the job gets done by someone who doesn't muck it up?
How isn't it fair? You want to democratically elect people to perform a job that requires no intelligence/creativity/personal ideas/skills?

Aaaw, cute.

Cheezy2
23-07-2005, 07:16 PM
Exactly... this is so silly. Everyone thinks that being chosen for opportunities on Habbo is all about (as people put it) '******* up' to Habbo Staff, when thats not just Ignorant, it's wrong.

Habbo Council Members are required to gain information about what the Public want, hence Habbos that have specific measures to attract and gather information from a wide amount of people are best for this job - this is the specific reason why Council Members are who they are. This also leads me to believe that this is the reason why Coolmandan was chosen to be a council member 1 month ago, not only has he won an official habbo award back in January, but he owns a very popular help desk which has the means to communicate with Habbos.

GommeInc, you have got to be one of the silliest people I've ever met. All your negative posts are based on facts and judgements of your own personal ignorance that are neither truth nor sense.

I absolutely despise these posts, people interested in making a little popularity from words they have written. People mocking Habbo Staff when quite frankly, Callie is doing such a brilliant job at Managing the hotel. It annoys me how people blame her for everything, when most things she are accused off are not part of her job description.

I advise contemplating your context of post before clicking the submit button.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!