PDA

View Full Version : 360 unable to read recent dvd's, coincidence?

Simmzay
16-08-2009, 07:53 PM
I've watched a lot of DVD's through my 360 and never had any real problems. Then recently I tried watching Quantum of Solace and Slumdog Millionaire (two fairly recent films) and the Xbox wasn't able to read the disc. But my other DVD player which is linked to a different TV is able to read them. Does anyone know if there is an underlying reason to this of it it's just a coincidence?

Kieeran
16-08-2009, 08:00 PM
are they pirate copies or not

Simmzay
16-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Nah they've been bought. I was thinking maybe there was some sort of copyright protection applied to it

Oleh
17-08-2009, 10:38 AM
no, its probably your dvd drive, thats why i bought a ps3 just to read dvds ;)

Coding
17-08-2009, 10:46 AM
..or a DVD player.

Oleh
17-08-2009, 10:54 AM
..or a DVD player.

dvd players suck, i have had several over the years and they seem to skip alot, ps3 flawless :), just get a bluray player even

Simmzay
17-08-2009, 02:37 PM
I don't get it.

Fehm
17-08-2009, 03:01 PM
It's probably your DVD drive in your Xbox. Contact Microsoft see what they say, If not then whatever you do, don't be unfaithful and buy a PS3. Really not worth it and the guy above is blatantly trying to show off, and failing.

Coding
17-08-2009, 03:37 PM
dvd players suck, i have had several over the years and they seem to skip alot, ps3 flawless :), just get a bluray player even

looooooooooool. mate, shush. so all dvd players crap are they? pretty sure they ain't.

Simmzay
17-08-2009, 03:41 PM
I wouldn't get a PS3 to play DVD's lol. Bluray on the other hand is fair game.

Oleh
17-08-2009, 04:18 PM
looooooooooool. mate, shush. so all dvd players crap are they? pretty sure they ain't.

Dont tell me to shush whoever you are, all the dvd players i have had are yes, and the worst part is they cost quite a bit, fool

Coding
17-08-2009, 04:28 PM
Dont tell me to shush whoever you are, all the dvd players i have had are yes, and the worst part is they cost quite a bit, fool
right.

so you go all out and get an expensive dvd player, top of the range and oh add some 5.1 surround sound. £200. reasonable price and can get a half decent kit for that.

or, get a £300 ps3 for just a dvd player.

thanks, i think i might go get a ps3 now i've done it like that.

like simzy said, if you was saying blu ray, fair enough as a half decent blu ray player is about £200.

Oleh
17-08-2009, 04:32 PM
Right

So i dont go out and get an expensive dvd player or 5.1 surround sound, i go out and get a sony dvd player for aroun £80, jibs out every 10 seconds

I go out and get a ps3 for £500 from woolworths and decide to play games on it, but mainly use it for dvds because it sucks

and if you you were wondering ps3's are now £199.99

thanks,

Lost
17-08-2009, 04:47 PM
yes but if you bought ps3 just to have blueray then not only would you be wasting money on the ps3 console but you'd also be wasting mnoey on the blueray dvd (which is stupidly more expensive than the normal dvd's)

i dont know why your 360 cant read the dvd

either its been bought from another country
or illegaly downloaded?? :S

that's why I have a DVD player because they're just so simple!

Coding
17-08-2009, 05:09 PM
Right

So i dont go out and get an expensive dvd player or 5.1 surround sound, i go out and get a sony dvd player for aroun £80, jibs out every 10 seconds

I go out and get a ps3 for £500 from woolworths and decide to play games on it, but mainly use it for dvds because it sucks

and if you you were wondering ps3's are now £199.99

thanks,

how are you even trying to justify getting a ps3 over a dvd player? why would someone get one if they don't even want to own a ps3.. and i don't know what you do with your dvd player but ive had a cheap one for a few years and its been no trouble, the only time it jumps is because of the dvds, not the player.

Oleh
17-08-2009, 05:27 PM
ive had a cheap one for a few years and its been no trouble, the only time it jumps is because of the dvds, not the player

Cheap ones are always the best :|

Niall!
17-08-2009, 05:50 PM
The guy with the long leetspeak name.

Shut up, simply. He was asking a question, he was not asking for you to rub a PS3 in his face. Seriously, everytime someone talks about the 360, you're there in the thread, stating the PS3 is a million times better.

Grow up. I'm a fan of all 3 major companies, but if other people own a 360 I don't go on about how much better the PS3 is.

Also, you should be banned from the microsoft section for trolling.

Coding
17-08-2009, 06:47 PM
Cheap ones are always the best :|
so why do you claim a £300 console is better than a £20 dvd player? :\\\\

Oleh
17-08-2009, 07:30 PM
The guy with the long leetspeak name.

Shut up, simply. He was asking a question, he was not asking for you to rub a PS3 in his face. Seriously, everytime someone talks about the 360, you're there in the thread, stating the PS3 is a million times better.

Grow up. I'm a fan of all 3 major companies, but if other people own a 360 I don't go on about how much better the PS3 is.

Also, you should be banned from the microsoft section for trolling.

Maybe if you stuck your face on and realised, im more of a 360 fanboy than anything, fool

you should be banned from the forums for stupidity

plus, people who claim i am saying a £300 console is better than a £20 dvd player, they are 5000x better, cos they play games

Please dont reply to my post due to that fact itll be pointless and never get replied to, tyvm ;)

Niall!
17-08-2009, 07:39 PM
Maybe if you stuck your face on and realised, im more of a 360 fanboy than anything, fool

plus, people who claim i am saying a £300 console is better than a £20 dvd player, they are 5000x better, cos they play games

Please dont reply to my post due to that fact itll be pointless and never get replied to, tyvm ;)

Then stop posting about the PS3 in the Microsoft forums, that's posting to cause an argument.

Coding
17-08-2009, 07:40 PM

but what if a person doesn't want to play games? -.. .. -.-. -.- .... . .- -... .. . . . . .. . . . . . . . .

Oleh
17-08-2009, 07:43 PM
then buy a dvd player :|

Stephen!
17-08-2009, 07:49 PM

But you just said DVD players suck

Coding
17-08-2009, 07:57 PM

i'll just let you talk to yourself.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!