PDA

View Full Version : BlackBerry

Suspective
16-08-2009, 08:43 PM
I'm thinking of investing in a BlackBerry. Due to the fact, I'm addicted to my computer and it'll be fun to use it on the move and surf the internet.

I've looked around and the best one I've found so far is the Blackberry Pearl 8120 on the Orange Network. It'll be Pay as you Go. As I send hardly any texts, and there is no point going into a contract.

I was wondering if anybody else, knows another BlackBerry this ones priced at £149.00 and £150.99 is my budget really. This includes £20 Credit to start-up with. If anyone can find any cheaper BlackBerrys with sophisticated operators or shops e.g. Carphone Warehouse, Phones 4U and Argos etc. Then I'd be happy to hear from you.

I might pop into my local phone store tomorrow, and have a look there. Also, share basically anything to do with BlackBerry! :)

Callum.
16-08-2009, 09:00 PM
no, that's a little sad. buying a phone to go on the net because you are addicted. wow.

Lost
16-08-2009, 09:05 PM
that does sound quite sad lol.. that you're so addicted you'd actually want to go on it when you're OUTSIDE!

StefanWolves
16-08-2009, 10:05 PM
If you want internet on the move buy an iPhone.

The Professor
17-08-2009, 03:15 PM
The blackberry's browser is notoriously poor compared to some others. I'm not sure if you can load Opera onto a blackberry, if you can then you're safe. If not I'd recommend a phone with Opera on it, or the iPhone which is unfortunately out of your budget by quite a way. Maybe look at the Nokia E71?

Alkaz
17-08-2009, 03:17 PM
I have a blackberry on contract. I got a blackberry curve 8900 and its pretty amazing and the nets really good for a blackberry. It is on contract and I have never played around with a payg blackberry so I dont really know sorry. Also, if its PAYG it will either have to have wi-fi so it will be limited locations OR you will have to pay an additional monthly fee for internet access.

The Professor
17-08-2009, 03:19 PM
I have a blackberry on contract. I got a blackberry curve 8900 and its pretty amazing and the nets really good for a blackberry. It is on contract and I have never played around with a payg blackberry so I dont really know sorry. Also, if its PAYG it will either have to have wi-fi so it will be limited locations OR you will have to pay an additional monthly fee for internet access.

You get on with it's browser then? I hear its a bit of a pile!

Lost
17-08-2009, 03:20 PM
Tbh I think Blackberry's should only be for what they intended to be for, business men. Like if you want internet then I think you should have the iPhone because it's not as complicated and lame-looking as the Blackberry. Also I don't know about you but I hate small rounded phones like the Blackberry so if you hate them too then I highly suggest the iPhone because it's better in nearly everyway than the Blackberry.

OmgitsAmanda
17-08-2009, 03:41 PM
i've got a blackberry pearl. it's crap. my advice is dont get a blackberry.

HotelUser
17-08-2009, 11:37 PM
I really can't understand why people still buy blackberrys. In Canada anyways, they're the same price a month as a Windows Mobile phone. Some people might not like Winmo, but IMO it sure blows the Blackberry OS out of the water. Plus HTC and Samsung smartphones are far superior than some of the Blackberry handsets IMO.

The Professor
18-08-2009, 11:25 PM
I really can't understand why people still buy blackberrys. In Canada anyways, they're the same price a month as a Windows Mobile phone. Some people might not like Winmo, but IMO it sure blows the Blackberry OS out of the water. Plus HTC and Samsung smartphones are far superior than some of the Blackberry handsets IMO.

I have a samsung omnia and I'd never buy a WinMo phone again. At first I loved it for it's versatility and number of apps and stuff but with everyone else and their dog releasing an app store its outdated. What kills it is the crashes/laggyness/sluggishness. I'd take blackberry OS over it any day as long as it can run competently. I'm gonna put android on my phone when they get it working though.

StefanWolves
19-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Android and AppleOS phones are the way forward.

Metric1
22-08-2009, 02:06 AM
Blackberry's are easy to use, and they keep you organized not to mention they're extremely durable. HTC's are MASSIVE, I prefer not to carry something the size of a VCR around in my pocket all the time. I have a Curve 8330 and I highly recommend it!

Recursion
22-08-2009, 08:35 AM
For all you mobile internet haters, it is the way forward, my phone checks Twitter and FaceBook every 15 minutes, I have weather and news widgets, e-mail coming in every 30 minutes etc etc, not to mention it sync with my Google Mail, Docs, Calendar etc.

Get the HTC Hero from T-Mobile a.k.a the G2 for all you people who thought the Magic was the G2.

The Professor
22-08-2009, 02:59 PM
There is no G2 in the UK. T Mobile are calling it the G2 in the US (I think it's that one anyway) but it's just called the Hero over here.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!