PDA

View Full Version : BRACES - HELP

Catchy
17-08-2009, 08:22 PM
Okay, here is ma problem! I've had braces for so long like, too long. My teeth are actually straight now and I'm happy with them but last time, I asked the dentist said that they'd need to be on like till next year.

I just can't wait that long anymore, they're really furstrating and everyone keeps telling me to "oh look at the bigger picture" but when you've had them on for ages and your dentist is a total **** and you dread going back every couple of weeks it's a different story.

If I had them off now my teeth wouldn't like DRAMATICLY move back to how they used to be would they?

+rep

thanks xxioxoxox

Lost
17-08-2009, 08:28 PM
Yeah because like if he took them off now, even with a retainer on, they would go squint again like a.s.a.p, so to answer your question, yes they would.

When you get them off you will need to wear a retainer like, I dunno, 6pm to 7am or something, but if you don't wear it they will go back to how they were and you'll have to do the same old routine AGAIN! Which i'm pretty sure, reading your thread, you don't want to do. So just wait it out another year, it will fly in trust me, and you'll be glad you waited when you're about 24 with perfect teeth!

Clowgon
17-08-2009, 08:50 PM
God i need to get some braces. I think i'm going all goofy. :O

NIKKEE
17-08-2009, 08:54 PM
You could actually ask to have a small metal rod placed in your gum above your teeth, when I wanted braces and they did an x-ray of my mouth and I was told I'll never have wisdom teeth to keep my teeth straight once the braces come off, I'd need to have that. So you could always do that, it'll keep it in place, although you'd probably still need to wear a retained, but it was what my option was, although I decided against it as I was worried at the time in case I accidentally swallowed it. Now I wish I hadn't been so stupid, lol, but you could ask about that next time, don't take no for an answer, doctors and dentists and all the rest tell you whatever for an easier life, but it's you that has to live with it so really I'd persist, even if the rod isn't what you want there MUST be something else. Surely orthodontry must be more advanced than just wearing a metal thing for a year then a bloody retainer, seriously ask.

Janet Snakehole
18-08-2009, 12:04 AM
i wouldn't say they'd DRAMATICALLY change but you would see a difference compared to how they are now if you were to get them taken off. like people have said "look at the bigger picture" - you've put up with them for this long, stick it out a little more and you'll realise just how grateful you are for having them in the first place. ofc, after they've been taken them off you've gotta wear some kind of retainer? for a couple of weeks/months, i'm not sure - but at least you'll have a million $$$ smile ha!

if you dread the dentist then perhaps you should ask to change the person who actually sees you/does the work as i'm pretty sure something can be arranged, surely?

Cyndia
18-08-2009, 04:41 AM
I'd definitely say stick it out. You've had them for so long, and yes it really sucks to have to have them another year, but then you'll have great teeth for life! It's better than not having them, then having your teeth get messed up, then potentially needing them again later in life. That would be way worse to be an adult and have to have braces than to be young and have braces since everyone has them then!

SugarPlum.
18-08-2009, 12:40 PM
Grrrr, i know how you feel ;/
whenever you get them took off you get a retainer that you have to wear every night when you sleep to keep them from moving, so you could probs get that now i think. I didn't wear mine and my teeth have moved back abit, not too much tho.. so make sure to wear it haha xD

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!