PDA

View Full Version : Should we all be on a DNA database?

Clowgon
18-08-2009, 07:33 AM
Why not? I wouldn't mind. If you haven't got anything to hide then why wouldn't you want to be on it?

It would be so much easier to catch criminals who have done very bad criminal offensives.

With this, there would be a significant reduction in crime rate in all areas of England, Wales and so on.

People would feel a lot safer. Loads of people say they wouldn't want to be on it but i can't understand why not? If you haven't got anything to hide then you should welcome this into open arms.

FlyingJesus
18-08-2009, 12:52 PM
I'm a fairly liberal guy in many ways but I agree with having a national DNA database - it infringes on no-one's freedoms and aside from the cost of setting it up and running it there's no real reason why it shouldn't be implemented. Of course, cost is a pretty big issue, but morally I see no problem with it

Inspiration
18-08-2009, 01:08 PM
I also agree with this idea but i believe there is alot of oposition and as the post above says cost would be too much considering the times we are in at the minute.

Mentor
18-08-2009, 06:19 PM
I strongly disagree, i'd rather my dna not be on a database, something like that would allow for untold levels of corruption and abuse. If the aims to live in a 1984 style dictator ship, sure great idea.
Perosnally i still quite enjoy my freedoms and right to privicy.

Zebroid
18-08-2009, 06:51 PM
NO, but for all you who want a world like mirrors edge then go ahead.
Watch out, I might be a future runner, keep your children safe.

Lost
18-08-2009, 06:54 PM
no its ******* invasion of privacy, and it's typical for the government to lose these kind of details on some disc or something as they usually do so I dont think they should since a lot of people don't trust them with their lives let along ******* DNA.

Also it's not just about having stuff to hide, it's your DNA, your life. What if that gets leaked? Imagine what anyone could do with it? It's a scary thought and the fact that you are laid back about it is a bit worrying imo lol.

jackass
18-08-2009, 06:59 PM
No, simply no.

I don't want to live in a '1984' world thanks.

GommeInc
18-08-2009, 09:19 PM
It has it's bonuses and it's weaknesses. The bonus is, that if you somehow get shot dead or found in the sea they can easily find who you are. Then again, the counter argument is that you will be reported missing before hand, and if a body is found they can find out who is reported missing and find any DNA traces.

Privacy is what it boils down to, as well as cost. So no, it's not a completely good idea :) Too many cons than pros (if there are any?)

Dippindonut1
18-08-2009, 09:27 PM
erm.. when I first thought about it I thought it was a good idea, so many more criminals sent down and it would be one step further into preventing crime. However, after a long think about it I now think it would not be a good idea because you could be accidently linked to a crime as 'your' fingerprints were there.

VirtualG
03-09-2009, 07:32 AM
Too many conspiricies will come from it. As if the world doesn't know enough about us from facebook, google street view, hotmail, the us government listens into the worlds phone calls and reads their emails. Hasn't privacy been destroyed enough?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!