PDA

View Full Version : Removing custom XP login screen?

Markeh
19-08-2009, 06:59 AM
On my own rubbish XP desktop, I installed a Vista Transformation Pack (this was about 3 years ago). A few weeks later, I removed it, keeping the sound effects, cursor and login screen. I've recently decided to get rid of the login screen as it's a bit naff and not much like Vista. How could I do this? Btw, the XP disc was lost a good few years ago.

The Professor
19-08-2009, 09:19 AM
Yeah when I installed a 7 transformation pack it left the cursor behind when I uninstalled it too! I'd recommend finding it again and installing it, then finding the option for a custom login screen and turn it off from there, then uninstall it again.

awelsh
19-08-2009, 05:05 PM
Yeah when I installed a 7 transformation pack it left the cursor behind when I uninstalled it too! I'd recommend finding it again and installing it, then finding the option for a custom login screen and turn it off from there, then uninstall it again.

I must have also done this, I have been wondering for about 2 years how I was left with a windows aero mouse and sound effects without even having the theme :P

Chippiewill
19-08-2009, 06:53 PM
If you go into sound settings you can turn it off there :)

Markeh
19-08-2009, 08:26 PM
To be honest, I'm not looking to get rid of the cursor or sounds. I'm looking to get rid of the screen. I'll try installing and uninstalling, but won't that just leave the original custom login screen?

The Professor
19-08-2009, 10:42 PM
To be honest, I'm not looking to get rid of the cursor or sounds. I'm looking to get rid of the screen. I'll try installing and uninstalling, but won't that just leave the original custom login screen?

providing there is indeed an option for switching off the login screen it should revert to the default windows one. If there isn't, there goes my idea :P

Markeh
19-08-2009, 10:49 PM
Windows has an option to switch the login screen off?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!