PDA

View Full Version : Activating a contract.

Toughened
19-08-2009, 06:35 PM
This may sound extremely stupid (which it probably is) but anyway.

I recieved my contract phone from Orange yesterday and when trying to activate my sim, it didn't work. I ended up getting through to customer services and he said wait 24 hours which it now has been.

All I'm wondering is, is it okay for me to now use my minutes/texts/internet? They haven't sent me a text or email to say that I can now use them or anything and I don't want to start calling and texting people and running up a bill 'cause then it would be my fault as I didn't wait, and I then may be charged.

The reason I'm asking this is because when I took out a contract last year with Virgin, they text me to let me know my contract package had been added and I now had the minutes and texts to use were Orange haven't done this.

I know this seems so stupid but I just need reassurance.
Thanks.

EDIT: Oh another thing, everytime I call 150 to see how many minutes/texts I have left, it says "Your account is currently being updated" which is basically why I'm asking this question.

efq
19-08-2009, 06:38 PM
Just use it, you usually get texts from them saying so but if he said 24hours then its his responsibility.

Otherwise check anything that might say 'Don't use until you receive 'bla bla' ' etc

Johno
19-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Call the number (whatever it is for Orange) and see if it says you have so much allowance to use. With my 3 phone, I was just told it would work and all I had to do was check on My 3 that my mins and texts were there to use.

Not sure if Orange have a similar online system in place.

Toughened
19-08-2009, 06:49 PM
Just done the edit then but yeah. I rang 150 and it says it's currently being updated but has been like this for the past 4/5 hours.

Adam!
19-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Speak to a real human then!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!