View Full Version : Need a decent PHP coder.

Excellent2
19-08-2009, 11:07 PM
I'm starting up a fantastic new project that has the potential to be huge. I'm not going to reveal any details on here, but I can tell you that it revolves around social aggregation.

I need an experienced PHP coder who can work with API's.

You won't be paid, but the once the idea takes off (which it will,) you will get a 60/40 split.

Dentafrice
20-08-2009, 01:31 AM
Is the idea unique?

Excellent2
20-08-2009, 11:05 AM
Is the idea unique?For a web app, yeah :)

L?KE
21-08-2009, 10:48 AM
I can vouch for that, the idea is very much unique.

Excellent2
21-08-2009, 11:09 AM
I can vouch for that, the idea is very much unique.Cheers buddy :)

Blob
21-08-2009, 01:13 PM
Vouch for the idea and the design so far is sexy :)

Tomm
21-08-2009, 01:18 PM
Drop me a PM with some contact details.

Maczorx
21-08-2009, 03:35 PM
I'd recommend Eliterate. He currently owns InTouchHabbo.net, I'm not sure if he'd be interested due to lack of pay but ya never know.

Protege
21-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Cause he owns "InTouchHabbo.net" doesnt make him good, most people can do the **** hes done on his website (from what I can see).

BoyBetterKnow
21-08-2009, 05:06 PM
I'd recommend Eliterate. He currently owns InTouchHabbo.net, I'm not sure if he'd be interested due to lack of pay but ya never know.

He isn't that good.

Excellent2
21-08-2009, 06:30 PM
Wow, so much interest. Just to say that the idea is unique. There is a downloadable desktop for mac users which does the same thing, but no web app. (AFAIK)

Excellent2
21-08-2009, 07:19 PM
Update:

I'm currently working on the holding page to throw up once the site is in development.

Fehm
21-08-2009, 07:26 PM
Can't wait to see this! WOuld it be like an online XP? :P

Excellent2
21-08-2009, 07:36 PM
Can't wait to see this! WOuld it be like an online XP? :PWhat's an XP? :P

Fehm
21-08-2009, 08:03 PM
Nevermind XD

:p

Excellent2
21-08-2009, 08:19 PM
Holding page design is done :)

Protege
21-08-2009, 10:22 PM
I think he means Windows "XP"

Excellent2
22-08-2009, 11:30 AM
I think he means Windows "XP"Ohh haha. Not really, no.

The concept is mega simple.. I don't know why somebody hasn't thought of it before. The site is basically FriendFeed, but better.

Excellent2
22-08-2009, 11:41 AM
Projects over guys. Just discovered that Zood is doing the exact same thing.

Invent
22-08-2009, 11:41 AM
Is it what me and Greg are doing with Zood?

Projects over guys. Just discovered that Zood is doing the exact same thing.

Oh right lol.

Excellent2
22-08-2009, 11:59 AM
Is it what me and Greg are doing with Zood?

Oh right lol.Yeah haha. I was just chatting to Greg and he told me thats what you're doing.

I'll carry on development if somebody still wants to help. I can still compete for the UK market once you 2 move to the US :P

Dentafrice
22-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Yeah haha. I was just chatting to Greg and he told me thats what you're doing.

I'll carry on development if somebody still wants to help. I can still compete for the UK market once you 2 move to the US :P
You really, think this is going to work?

It's not a unique idea, and if you didn't know that Zood was doing it, which has been advertised quite a bit, talked about, on here and Twitter.. then it shows you really haven't done much market research.

If you think your idea is unique, but you didn't know about Zood, Youmeo, Kazle, Streamy, and all the other startups and businesses.. what research have you really done?

You'd have to raise investment, you'd have to have a smashing designer, you'd have to have working & secure code.

Zood's market won't be just the US, it will be the UK.. so I don't see how you'll fill any market gap, when there will not be one.

Face it, it's not going to work.. there are already bigger and better things then your project.

Excellent2
22-08-2009, 02:50 PM
You really, think this is going to work?
Yes.

It's not a unique idea, and if you didn't know that Zood was doing it, which has been advertised quite a bit, talked about, on here and Twitter.. then it shows you really haven't done much market research.The only information that has been given about Zood is what's on their homepage. I wasn't to know until I asked Greg.

If you think your idea is unique, but you didn't know about Zood, Youmeo, Kazle, Streamy, and all the other startups and businesses.. what research have you really done?I did lots of research. Let me give you my opinion and overview of what I think.

Zood: The biggest competition I have. Greg and Simon, together, are a force that I'd like to try and fight. I do know that Greg and Simon will push for the UK market too, but with being in the US, it will be much different.

Kazle: Kazle is made by a ripper, end of.

Youmeo: I don't know why you have included this? When I was using Youmeo, I did not see an activity stream.. Since Greg and Simon have left, Youmeo is nothing.

Streamy: Streamy is a great service but lacks a decent design.

So in comparison, the only site I see as competition is Zood.

You'd have to raise investment, you'd have to have a smashing designer, you'd have to have working & secure code.Investment wouldnt be much of a problem once I startup. I have a little bit of money put away. I also have leads to get other funds. I have a contact who knows investors where I live, so thats a plus.

Zood's market won't be just the US, it will be the UK.. so I don't see how you'll fill any market gap, when there will not be one.Once Zood opens up, most likely, it will be in the US. Zood won't be able to grasp the UK market straight away. I feel that I can jump on this opportunity and make something of it.

Face it, it's not going to work.. there are already bigger and better things then your project.I know that my idea has potential. There are only a handful of websites who offer this service and all but Zood have flaws.

If the idea doesn't take off then I lose my own money, end of. I'm not looking to open the site quickly, more like in a few months. This will give me time to plan, market, advertise and build the site.

Dentafrice
22-08-2009, 03:21 PM
Yes.

The only information that has been given about Zood is what's on their homepage. I wasn't to know until I asked Greg.

I did lots of research. Let me give you my opinion and overview of what I think.

Zood: The biggest competition I have. Greg and Simon, together, are a force that I'd like to try and fight. I do know that Greg and Simon will push for the UK market too, but with being in the US, it will be much different.

Kazle: Kazle is made by a ripper, end of.

Youmeo: I don't know why you have included this? When I was using Youmeo, I did not see an activity stream.. Since Greg and Simon have left, Youmeo is nothing.

Streamy: Streamy is a great service but lacks a decent design.

So in comparison, the only site I see as competition is Zood.

Investment wouldnt be much of a problem once I startup. I have a little bit of money put away. I also have leads to get other funds. I have a contact who knows investors where I live, so thats a plus.

Once Zood opens up, most likely, it will be in the US. Zood won't be able to grasp the UK market straight away. I feel that I can jump on this opportunity and make something of it.

I know that my idea has potential. There are only a handful of websites who offer this service and all but Zood have flaws.

If the idea doesn't take off then I lose my own money, end of. I'm not looking to open the site quickly, more like in a few months. This will give me time to plan, market, advertise and build the site.

Youmeo had an activity stream, were you blind?

No.. Zood's main market is the UK.. I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that it will be for the US.

Excellent2
22-08-2009, 03:28 PM

No.. Zood's main market is the UK.. I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that it will be for the US.

Youmeo never allowed me to have my Twitter or facebook streams on 1 page.

Greg and Simon want to move to the US, that is where I get that from..

BoyBetterKnow
22-08-2009, 03:40 PM

Did it ? :S I thought you could only post to things. Never saw an activity stream on it..

Excellent2
22-08-2009, 04:58 PM
Did it ? :S I thought you could only post to things. Never saw an activity stream on it..Me too..

Source
22-08-2009, 05:11 PM
I'm not gonna be negative, as I see no help from that. Instead I'll suggest that you do it anyway, for experience and portfolio.

Dentafrice
22-08-2009, 05:19 PM
Youmeo never allowed me to have my Twitter or facebook streams on 1 page.

Greg and Simon want to move to the US, that is where I get that from..
Just because you move somewhere, doesn't mean their market changes.

Making accusations without knowing the facts, is pretty stupid.

Caleb Mingle 10:18
zoods market is not going to be the US is it?

Greg Cooper 10:18
Nope.
UK
As it's main language is English - UK.

Maczorx
22-08-2009, 05:35 PM
Cause he owns "InTouchHabbo.net" doesnt make him good, most people can do the **** hes done on his website (from what I can see).

Gee, and the fact that I said he owned InTouchHabbo.net was my reason for saying he was good? No, I said that so he could get in better contact with him, if he was interested. Honestly.. reading can't be that hard.

Protege
22-08-2009, 06:30 PM
No you just said "I'd recommend Eliterate." and the only thing you had to show about him was his website, so I simply checked the crap site and gave my view, so next time why don't you give me a reason not to doubt your recommendations.

Maczorx
22-08-2009, 11:13 PM
No you just said "I'd recommend Eliterate." and the only thing you had to show about him was his website, so I simply checked the crap site and gave my view, so next time why don't you give me a reason not to doubt your recommendations.
Well why not doubt anyone else's? Also his site's official which tells me it's good, you can't do better so don't say such things.

Tomm
22-08-2009, 11:32 PM
You really should of not said that.

Well why not doubt anyone else's? Also his site's official which tells me it's good, you can't do better so don't say such things.

Protege
22-08-2009, 11:33 PM
Oh my days, I smell stupidity... lul

BoyBetterKnow
23-08-2009, 12:38 AM

You're the kind of person who stores database connection information in a database and then wonders why he gets the error "Access denied for nobody @ localhost." when he tries to retrieve it.

Dentafrice
23-08-2009, 01:40 AM
You're the kind of person who stores database connection information in a database and then wonders why he gets the error "Access denied for nobody @ localhost." when he tries to retrieve it.
That was just a failure at being funny.

VirtualG
23-08-2009, 07:08 AM
Has anyone agreed to do it yet?

Blinger1
23-08-2009, 07:43 AM
Has anyone agreed to do it yet?
Did you not read the thread?

BoyBetterKnow
23-08-2009, 11:12 AM
That was just a failure at being funny.

Well for 1:38AM I think it was good banter. You know you loled irl Caleb.

Excellent2
23-08-2009, 01:30 PM
Looks like Streamy have stolen the domain name.

"Created on: 21-Aug-09"

Idiots.

Agnostic Bear
23-08-2009, 01:48 PM
Looks like Streamy have stolen the domain name.

"Created on: 21-Aug-09"

Idiots.

No, you're the idiot for not buying the domain name before announcing the project.

Excellent2
23-08-2009, 01:56 PM
No, you're the idiot for not buying the domain name before announcing the project.I'm glad I didn't waste £5 on it as I have a much better name now :P

Any bets that Streamy becomes Socialagg?

Dentafrice
23-08-2009, 05:28 PM
Idk, but it redirects to their site.

RYANNNNN
23-08-2009, 05:37 PM
swearrrrrr down.

this forum is a joke lol.

Invent
23-08-2009, 06:05 PM
swearrrrrr down.

this forum is a joke lol.

Then stop coming back?

BoyBetterKnow
23-08-2009, 06:32 PM
Then stop coming back?

The joke element of the forum brings him back.

RYYYAAAAN are you the guy who kept on making runescape retros? lol.

Dentafrice
23-08-2009, 06:34 PM
I thought you had left for good..

RYANNNNN
23-08-2009, 08:09 PM
i've never even played runescape lol.

but nah, i came here to dump a few domains i didn't want.

if all you people put your time into learning instead of arguing in every thread, you'd be much more successful.

Dentafrice
23-08-2009, 08:12 PM
i've never even played runescape lol.

but nah, i came here to dump a few domains i didn't want.

if all you people put your time into learning instead of arguing in every thread, you'd be much more successful.
And you think you're successful?

RYANNNNN
23-08-2009, 08:13 PM
And you think you're successful?

yes, i do.

Dentafrice
23-08-2009, 08:17 PM
yes, i do.
Whatever you say.

Excellent2
23-08-2009, 08:59 PM
swearrrrrr down.

this forum is a joke lol.Stupid post..

kk.
23-08-2009, 09:06 PM
Luucaasss come online :( i wanna see the designs lol

Protege
23-08-2009, 09:41 PM
He is as successful as my ex gf, or my **** when its limp. I make jokes for you dear sir.

/end

kk.
23-08-2009, 09:56 PM
hold on, this is the RYANNNNNN that had that radio layout and site isnt it?

L?KE
23-08-2009, 10:21 PM
I like cheese and onion crisps.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!