PDA

View Full Version : Cover Girl Forces Google To Name Blogger

lick
20-08-2009, 12:49 PM
A former Vogue cover girl has won the right to make Google reveal the identity of an anonymous blogger who called her a "skank".

A former Vogue cover girl has won the right to make Google reveal the identity of an anonymous blogger who called her a "skank".

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Skank-Model-Blog-Vogue-Cover-Girl-Liskula-Cohen-Forces-Google-To-Name-Skanks-In-NYC-Blogger/Article/200908315365112?lpos=World_News_First_Technology_A rticle_Teaser_Region__2&lid=ARTICLE_15365112_Skank_Model_Blog%3A_Vogue_Cov er_Girl_Liskula_Cohen_Forces_Google_To_Name_Skanks _In_NYC_Blogger

LOL At that stupid ***** aint got a career so she needs to make a name for her self another way

Hushie
20-08-2009, 02:25 PM
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Skank-Model-Blog-Vogue-Cover-Girl-Liskula-Cohen-Forces-Google-To-Name-Skanks-In-NYC-Blogger/Article/200908315365112?lpos=World_News_First_Technology_A rticle_Teaser_Region__2&lid=ARTICLE_15365112_Skank_Model_Blog%3A_Vogue_Cov er_Girl_Liskula_Cohen_Forces_Google_To_Name_Skanks _In_NYC_Blogger

LOL At that stupid ***** aint got a career so she needs to make a name for her self another way

There's a law against insulting 'celebs'?

lick
20-08-2009, 02:36 PM
she is suing for defacement or sumthing

Hushie
20-08-2009, 02:39 PM
What a sket

Chippiewill
24-08-2009, 09:22 AM
She is Skanky....

Also google has a privacy policy I think... That should protect them. Or perhaps google will just ignore the court ruling.

Oleh
08-09-2009, 03:58 PM
just say its perez hilton or something lol

FlyingJesus
08-09-2009, 07:38 PM
Among the comments the blogger made were: "I would have to say the first-place award for 'Skankiest in NYC' would have to go to Liskula Gentile Cohen."

The blogger went on to ridicule her as a "40 something" and "a psychotic, lying… still going to clubs at her age, skank".

The skank comment's been picked up on by the media to make it look like a ridiculous case, but calling someone a psychotic liar and making comments about them as people rather than something they've done (or not done) is libel and is illegal

e5
08-09-2009, 07:59 PM
She is Skanky....

Also google has a privacy policy I think... That should protect them. Or perhaps google will just ignore the court ruling.
thats been over ruled...

GommeInc
08-09-2009, 09:29 PM
I thought the internet was all up on freedom of speech? If people think she is a skank, then she is a skank to some people. No-one is perfect, and she sure isn't for wasting Googles time and others involved, the skank.

Japan
08-09-2009, 09:59 PM
I'm not taking her side or anything, but wouldn't you be a little upset if someone dissed you on the internet, where the whole world could see?

GommeInc
08-09-2009, 10:14 PM
I'm not taking her side or anything, but wouldn't you be a little upset if someone dissed you on the internet, where the whole world could see?
Something must of made the blogger say it :P Besides, you don't have to read it and skank is hardly offensive :P

Black_Apalachi
08-09-2009, 11:14 PM

That's not the point. It is sounding like a punishment here is going to be more severe than if he'd walked up to her in the street and called her it. Would you even be arrested for doing that actually?

GommeInc
08-09-2009, 11:27 PM
That's not the point. It is sounding like a punishment here is going to be more severe than if he'd walked up to her in the street and called her it. Would you even be arrested for doing that actually?
Might be harassment and anti-social behaviour, but that might only apply in the UK and not the US :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!