PDA

View Full Version : World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Confirmed

Axel
21-08-2009, 07:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tURPlwCbhc

Danzilla
21-08-2009, 11:40 PM
I heard about this the other week off some guy, i was like woah sounds brilliant and now i just seen that it looks insanely epic. Im deffo going to rejoin when i find out the release date. L
Im loving the whole mixed classes. Oh my, PvP is going to rule.
Shame for the new players when it comes out though, they will never know what it was like to play in the "old" (?) azeroth.

Wig44.
21-08-2009, 11:43 PM
Good ******* riddance old azeroth

Danzilla
21-08-2009, 11:47 PM
Ima miss hanging out in barrens and other places i liked thoughh, now they wont look so nice. : (
ahaa!
But yeah im deffo re joining, hunter/priest in pvp pls. x

Axel
22-08-2009, 12:14 AM
It is going to be weird for new player, but then again kind of cool... seeing as a lot of the world will already be in ruin when they join, more interesting than dull normal barrens and such.

Danzilla
22-08-2009, 01:06 AM
True true, i guess they will not even know about the old azeroth if they start after the expansion. Liking the wolf race too (forgot the name already).
but yeah looks interesting, so much to explore. Flying mounts in azeroth too. ;D

Bailey
22-08-2009, 01:27 PM
I think i just wet my pants.

Swearwolf
22-08-2009, 01:29 PM
^ i know i did.

Axel
22-08-2009, 02:25 PM
http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/news/2009/august/Goblin%20Priest,%20Mage,%20and%20Warlock.jpg

Goblin lock anyone? I know I will be rolling one. Reminds me of my poor old Gnome Warlock but green.

rnix
22-08-2009, 03:08 PM
http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/news/2009/august/Goblin%20Priest,%20Mage,%20and%20Warlock.jpg

Goblin lock anyone? I know I will be rolling one. Reminds me of my poor old Gnome Warlock but green.

Goblins look crap. Wish they were ally and horde had the worgens. :(

TehJoshy
22-08-2009, 05:52 PM
Im re-rolling Worgen Male Druid nomnomnom. :D!

http://www.wow-europe.com/cataclysm/

Wig44.
22-08-2009, 06:01 PM
What would be the point in a Worgen Druid? Why leave that amazing Worgen model for the (still) ***** druid models!

Nemo
22-08-2009, 08:40 PM
What would be the point in a Worgen Druid? Why leave that amazing Worgen model for the (still) ***** druid models!
they get their own unique druid forms.

Swinkid
23-08-2009, 12:04 AM
I reccon, insted of re-doing whole of azeroth, they should of done a kinda time quest, when it goes forward in time. Therefore making it more story-lined based for new players. however, i liek the new races and flying mounts in azeroth

Axel
23-08-2009, 12:36 AM
I reccon, insted of re-doing whole of azeroth, they should of done a kinda time quest, when it goes forward in time. Therefore making it more story-lined based for new players. however, i liek the new races and flying mounts in azeroth

That would require phasing all of Azeroth, and taking up an epic amount of disk space, which would suck for my tiny hard drive.

Classe
23-08-2009, 12:38 AM
yawn, was hoping worgens levelled from 55. :<

no armor pen.
no spellpower
no attack power
no spirit for caster dps items
gear will be v. naked

Cross server LFG, await lag central and more "Addtional Instances"

Although IC looks epic, the flying encounter etc.

HAVE YOU SEEN THE WORGEN CAST TRUE FORM?
Z
O
M
G
:>

Nemo
23-08-2009, 01:00 AM
That's what they're doing

That would require phasing all of Azeroth, and taking up an epic amount of disk space, which would suck for my tiny hard drive.
That's also what they're doing

Axel
23-08-2009, 02:22 AM
No, they're just editing old Azeroth and it's quests, changing zone levels and tearing it apart.

Danzilla
23-08-2009, 02:25 AM
night elf mage and wogan hunter pls
shame they making human hunters, ewy.

Bailey
23-08-2009, 08:09 AM
Race change soon after faction change.. torn between worgen/draenei :(

Nemo
23-08-2009, 12:09 PM
No, they're just editing old Azeroth and it's quests, changing zone levels and tearing it apart.

And i quote;

Phasing can now add and remove terrain based on your progress. Coasts will be progressively more flooded depending on how far you are in a storyline for example.:rolleyes:

Axel
23-08-2009, 12:16 PM
And i quote;
:rolleyes:

Probably for the world event.

Danzilla
23-08-2009, 12:35 PM
But that wouldn't work would it?
Seeing as someone who hasn't got any progress could be standing in the middle of some hole in the ground floating and people with lots of progress will see this, if you get me?

Nemo
23-08-2009, 12:54 PM
Probably for the world event.
Nope, its for the path of titans.

But that wouldn't work would it?
Seeing as someone who hasn't got any progress could be standing in the middle of some hole in the ground floating and people with lots of progress will see this, if you get me?
phasing means if you're at a different part, you won't see them. eg. A quest in IC is phased. If you've done it and they havent, but stand in the same place, u wont see each other.

Classe
23-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Nope, its for the path of titans.

phasing means if you're at a different part, you won't see them. eg. A quest in IC is phased. If you've done it and they havent, but stand in the same place, u wont see each other.

argent crusade/pinnacle place
plz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVKVydYwgLw
go to 1:12

+ female worgen?..

http://www.worgen.info/home/2009/8/22/cataclysm-the-worgen-mount.html - the mount

DrLacero
23-08-2009, 05:17 PM
And i quote;
:rolleyes:

And I quote:

Will I need the expansion to be able to experience the Cataclysm changes?

When the Cataclysm occurs, it will occur for all players, whether they have purchased the expansion or not--you will no longer be to play in the original version of Kalimdor or the Eastern Kingdoms. However, certain features such as the new zones, new races, and new level cap will only be accessible to players who purchase the expansion.

Will “phasing” be used more extensively in World of Warcraft: Cataclysm?

Yes. We’ve come up with a number of new, cool ways to using phasing since we introduced it in Wrath of the Lich King, and plan to use it more extensively to change the world as players progress. We are also now able to phase terrain, which players will see in the starting areas for the goblins and worgen. We’re also adding some UI improvements to help determine when another player is in a different “phase” from you.

Doesn't sound like the destruction is phased to me. And how would it:

Our goal is to make questing, leveling, and the overall story more fun for new, returning, and existing players.

to level in content they've seen for years?

Wig44.
23-08-2009, 05:32 PM
And I quote:

Doesn't sound like the destruction is phased to me. And how would it:

to level in content they've seen for years?

They have changed/removed and added new quests to most of the zonez and they looks totally different. They are basically new zones which makes it far more fun for me but well, maybe you don't like new content.

Classe
23-08-2009, 07:51 PM
i'm looking forward to seeing what mount hyjal looks like after the wisps owned it :)

DrLacero
23-08-2009, 08:30 PM
They have changed/removed and added new quests to most of the zonez and they looks totally different. They are basically new zones which makes it far more fun for me but well, maybe you don't like new content.

I think you misunderstand sir, I'm not saying I don't enjoy content, I'm saying if the new look of the zones is phased and they look normal to lowbies, as Nemo seemed to be implying then what Blizz themselves said in my quotes would be wrong.

Nemo
23-08-2009, 09:33 PM
I think you misunderstand sir, I'm not saying I don't enjoy content, I'm saying if the new look of the zones is phased and they look normal to lowbies, as Nemo seemed to be implying then what Blizz themselves said in my quotes would be wrong.
I never said it would it would look normal to lowbies, i said it would change more and more. perhaps starting with the big ass crack in kalimdor, but then you start to see flooding too as you go further. Which is what it says in the quote basically.

Wig44.
24-08-2009, 09:21 AM

Ah, sorry. I will look for the quote where they said it will be changed forever for everyone. They said they werent phasing the destruction of azeroth. From the good Dr's quote I took this to believe they aren't phasing the destruction:

We are also now able to phase terrain, which players will see in the starting areas for the goblins and worgen
Implying that it isn't for the destruction.

Wig44.
24-08-2009, 09:51 AM
(Caan't edit the post above)

* MP5: This will be removed from items and replaced with Spirit. All healers will be given a meditation-like ability.
* Spell Power: Spell Power is being removed from items as well. Don't panic, we'll be improving Intellect so that it provides mana and Spell Power.
* Attack Power: We're removing Attack Power from items as well. Instead, we're allowing Agility to provide the necessary Attack Power for leather and mail wearers. Strength will provide the appropriate amount of Attack Power for plate wearers. This means leather and mail items will no longer be desirable for plate wearers.
* Defense: The Defense statistic is also being removed from items so that players no longer have to worry about juggling around "the cap." Tanks will receive the necessary anti-crit from talents, like Survival of the Fittest.
* Armor Penetration: This ability is too confusing and "mathy." It is being replaced with Mastery, a stat that makes you better at what you do. More on that later!
* Haste: Will also increase the rate at which you gain energy, runes, and focus. Retribution paladins and Enhancement shaman will have a talent that allows them to take advantage of this benefit.
* Block: Block Value is being removed. Blocking will now always mitigate a percentage of damage.
* Stamina: Players will notice more Stamina on gear as Defense, Spell Power, Attack Power and Armor Penetration are removed.

Niice

Axel
24-08-2009, 10:15 AM
I never said it would it would look normal to lowbies, i said it would change more and more. perhaps starting with the big ass crack in kalimdor, but then you start to see flooding too as you go further. Which is what it says in the quote basically.

This is the point I was making, as opposed to Swinkids idea of getting a certain level or whatever and the Cataclsm suddenly taking place.

TehJoshy
24-08-2009, 11:16 PM
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/cataclysm/_images/layout/keyboardcataclysm.jpg

Charles
25-08-2009, 08:48 PM
Goblins once joined the Horde, but the Horde lost said war so they vowed to remain Neutral between both Horde and Alliance to prevent such economic losses again. Oh well!

I'm really glad Deathwing is being re-introduced into the storyline, I looove all the stuff that went down back in the day between the Flights and you can only imagine how awesome it would be fighting against him.

Nereo
25-08-2009, 10:30 PM
Tauren Paladins, Dwarf shamans, Night Elf Mages, hmmm......something here is very wrong.

Bailey
26-08-2009, 08:14 AM
Tauren Paladins, Dwarf shamans, Night Elf Mages, hmmm......something here is very wrong.

Taurens are now worshipping the Earth Mother's other eye (The sun).

Dwarf shamans have always been logical, see http://www.wowwiki.com/Wildhammer_clan

And obviously the Night Elf's have forgotton that they outlawed Arcane use, punishable by death.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!