PDA

View Full Version : Website Question

Sam
23-08-2009, 11:11 PM
I'm well aware that this question has been asked many times but i figured i'd make a thread anyway.

It's been a little while since i last created a website which i seriously wanted to work on. But then there's the question of what to make, because obviously with the internet being as big as it is there's about a billion variations of any website that could be classed as 'remotely interesting'.

I was thinking of something like a general online radio. I know there's tons of radios out there but it's just always appealed to me. Not like a Habbo radio or anything, just a general site you could go to to listen and request anything.

The reason i want to make a radio is because i'm like.. One of those crazy music people :P I have about 8000 songs on my PC probably about 2000 of which have been paid for =[ But that's only because i only recently started buying music instead of downloading.

I've been thinking for hours and i'm just stuck on what to make that people would ACTUALLY visit. I'm not some web/computer noob. Any idea is a possibility. I can design and code myself though i'd probably still get some real life friends to help with content related stuff. Everyone will receive +Rep for their sensible suggestions..

Cheers.

Calvin
24-08-2009, 12:50 AM
I've tried a radio website, didnt turn out so good. I can't think of anything unique either haha.

Black_Apalachi
24-08-2009, 07:01 AM
The best website ever was that 1 Million Pixels one where the guy sold each pixel for $1. I wish I'd thought of that :P. Anyway it'd be amazing if you could come up with something like that but a bit more advanced and up-to-date...

Tie
24-08-2009, 07:53 AM
I'm not really any help in the matter, because to this day I've always used online website builders (ie Ucoz, Wix, etc.)

Do you know any websites or books that can give a base of coding websites for design, and scripting own forums or anything? :S

Sam
24-08-2009, 12:06 PM
I'm not really even out to make money to be honest. I just want something to keep me occupied that i can enjoy doing. Just seems pointless though if no-one would use it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!