PDA

View Full Version : GCSE Results :)

superstar911
25-08-2009, 09:56 AM
Hey

Northern Ireland boards released the GCSE results today and so I got a few of mine.

English - C
History - C
Journalism - B (4 marks off an A, I'm really disappointed as I was predicted a high A)
ICT - A
Learning for Life and Work - A

Get the rest of mine on Thursday. Anyone else know there's? Good luck.

Samantha.
25-08-2009, 09:59 AM
Well Done!
I don't get mine until Thursday :]

despect
25-08-2009, 10:48 AM
;o thats actually really good i doubt i'll get any As but u done really well,
Well done!

i dont get mine till thursday either im nervous :(

Immenseman
25-08-2009, 10:49 AM
Well done so far Andy, good luck in the rest and to everyone else getting their results on Thursday. :)

Inseriousity.
25-08-2009, 10:52 AM
Good luck everyone. :D

Immenseman
25-08-2009, 10:55 AM
My GCSE grades were better than expected but still not all that great. I'm not an all rounder, I do well in the subjects I enjoy. I don't enjoy science and maths and other subjects my school forced upon me throughout GCSE so my grades weren't amazing, still got my 10 A-C.

Inseriousity.
25-08-2009, 11:00 AM
lol how time flies... this time last year we'd got our gcse results. :D

Immenseman
25-08-2009, 11:02 AM
yeah, ha well late this year.

DieselShaq
25-08-2009, 11:48 AM
Chinese: A*
German: A*
French: A*
Maths: A*
Economics: A*
English Literature: A
English Language: A*
Biology: A*
Chemistry: A*
Physics: A*

All higher tier/extended. Did Chinese, German, French and Maths last year. The rest this year. Still got Geography to be released this Thursday. Hoping for another A* =)

PaulMacC
25-08-2009, 11:55 AM

All higher tier/extended. Did Chinese, German, French and Maths last year. The rest this year. Still got Geography to be released this Thursday. Hoping for another A* =)

Jason you always get top notch grades. Im going to go for all A*'s in 6th form because no way am I wasting two years of my life just to go in there and mess around.

CCEA released their results today although I only do English and Maths with them, rest of thursday.
English - A
Maths - B

DieselShaq
25-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Jason you always get top notch grades. Im going to go for all A*'s in 6th form because no way am I wasting two years of my life just to go in there and mess around.

CCEA released their results today although I only do English and Maths with them, rest of thursday.
English - A
Maths - B
That's not true, Paul, my grades in previous years weren't that great, though it's probably because my teachers don't really like me.

Does the A* in AS/A level system kick in next year? I've done German and Maths AS and will go for 4 more Maths modules as well as physics, chemistry and biology AS this year. Still deciding on whether to take further AS or further A for Maths.

Strangely enough, I think I'm the only person in the grade to get higher in English language instead of either the same or lower than literature... People in the other classes are complaining that their teachers killed their coursework.

despect
25-08-2009, 12:36 PM
omg how are people getting A's and A* i know for sure i wont get A's got some smart people on the forum :P

Stitch
25-08-2009, 12:44 PM
I know I've done bad in Astronomy and RS because I just can't do RS and in Astronomy our teacher didn't go through everything so no one in my class knew what most of the paper was about.

Isoelectric
25-08-2009, 04:36 PM
I got 8/9 of my GCSEs today :)

Additional Maths: A
English Language: A
Geography: A
English Literature: A*
Double Award Science: AA
Technology & Design: A

Completely unexpected o.o I thought I was gonna get like mostly A's and B's nevermind A*'s!!! Still have German to get on thursday though.

Immenseman
25-08-2009, 04:41 PM
That's not true, Paul, my grades in previous years weren't that great, though it's probably because my teachers don't really like me.

Does the A* in AS/A level system kick in next year? I've done German and Maths AS and will go for 4 more Maths modules as well as physics, chemistry and biology AS this year. Still deciding on whether to take further AS or further A for Maths.

Strangely enough, I think I'm the only person in the grade to get higher in English language instead of either the same or lower than literature... People in the other classes are complaining that their teachers killed their coursework.
Yeah, I'm the first year who can get A* at A2, next year. It's alright for you but annoying for me because although I was only a few marks off straight As which is the highest grade atm you'd need 90% for A* next year and none of my exams were that high my higest was 86% :(:P Although I got 90%+ in some modules and 100% in one.

Ah well, I'll do my best :)

Fifteen
25-08-2009, 05:00 PM
Hey

Northern Ireland boards released the GCSE results today and so I got a few of mine.

English - C
History - C
Journalism - B (4 marks off an A, I'm really disappointed as I was predicted a high A)
ICT - A

Congrats - How annoying being 4 marks off :( B is still good though! Could you get your exam paper or coursework remarked? Good luck with the rest of your results :)

Congrats :eusa_clap

English - A
Maths - B

Congrats Paul :eusa_danc:eusa_clap Good luck with the rest of your results :)

I got 8/9 of my GCSEs today :)

Additional Maths: A
English Language: A
Geography: A
English Literature: A*
Double Award Science: AA
Technology & Design: A

Completely unexpected o.o I thought I was gonna get like mostly A's and B's nevermind A*'s!!! Still have German to get on thursday though.

Congrats! What a nice surprise - Good luck with your German results :)

Tristan
25-08-2009, 05:29 PM
Yeah, I'm the first year who can get A* at A2, next year. It's alright for you but annoying for me because although I was only a few marks off straight As which is the highest grade atm you'd need 90% for A* next year and none of my exams were that high my higest was 86% :(:P Although I got 90%+ in some modules and 100% in one.

my sixth form college has some sort of links with OCR and the year above were trialled with A*s.

Soka
25-08-2009, 08:10 PM

You only need to get 90% aggregated in the A2 Modules (270/300), and 80% overall over the whole course (480+/600) for A*. So your still on for it in all of your subjects really. Eg. you could get 210/300 at AS (grade B), but then get 270/300 at A2 (grade A), which would give you an A*.

I'm glad i was last year without A*s because it means you can't slack off at A2 if your going for an A*. :P

Immenseman
25-08-2009, 08:12 PM
my sixth form college has some sort of links with OCR and the year above were trialled with A*s.
ooooooo, did many people get them? (if you know) (hiya sam xxx)

You only need to get 90% aggregated in the A2 Modules (270/300), and 80% overall over the whole course (480+/600) for A*. So your still on for it in all of your subjects really. Eg. you could get 210/300 at AS (grade B), but then get 270/300 at A2 (grade A), which would give you an A*.

I'm glad i was last year without A*s because it means you can't slack off at A2 if your going for an A*. :P
oh rightio. fingers crossed. would be lush to get at least 1 A* :P

Flamedragon3
25-08-2009, 08:14 PM
God how are people getting A*'s seriously? :S I'm looking to get mostly B's and a few A's possibly lol. Can anyone who did GCSE's last year tell me what they got compared to their predicted grades? :)

Immenseman
25-08-2009, 08:16 PM
last year i got 7 subjects higher 3 were right and 2 below :P

they are awful imo

Soka
25-08-2009, 08:19 PM
God how are people getting A*'s seriously? :S I'm looking to get mostly B's and a few A's possibly lol. Can anyone who did GCSE's last year tell me what they got compared to their predicted grades? :)

In all honesty I wouldn't really class predicted grades as important (apart from your A2 predicted ones for Universities).

GCSE's are based on your mocks (which not many people care about/ revise for) and your class work. All false stuff. I can't actually remember my exact GCSE grades now (got my results in 2007) and i surpassed my ''predicted'' grades in all but 2 of my subjects. my mock grades were all improved on>!

Flamedragon3
25-08-2009, 08:28 PM
I know predicted GCSE results aren't exactly reliable as most lads I know are predicted B's like me, and then many girls are predicted A's in subjects, even though many of them don't seem to be any better than me in some subjects? :S I just want to see what other people's overall results compared to their predicted grades so that I have more of an idea if I might do better or worse than my predicted grades. Or maybe even the same.

Immenseman
25-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Trust me, I was predicted a lot worse than I got. I sometimes wonder if schools do say a grade lower than they think you're going to get so when you do better it looks better for them in their beloved league tables. At 6th Form I was predicted 2 Ds and 2 Cs although two of the subjects I had done at GCSE and had achieved an A grade. It's stupid.

superstar911
25-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Congrats - How annoying being 4 marks off :( B is still good though! Could you get your exam paper or coursework remarked? Good luck with the rest of your results :)

I had the highest Journalism coursework marks my school has ever had, the only real marks I lost was for a Sports story because I don't really like sports so I struggled to care about what I was writing. And I don't understand where I fell down in the exam, Journalism was the subject I was naturally good at, I have been head and shoulders above the rest of my class for the last 2 years in the subject, I actually helped most of them with their work. I was just mighty disappointed I didn't get the A, but yeah a B is still good lol.

Thanks for all the congrats guys. And well done to everyone else who has posted their results. :D. Good luck for Thursday.

Flamedragon3
25-08-2009, 08:57 PM
Trust me, I was predicted a lot worse than I got. I sometimes wonder if schools do say a grade lower than they think you're going to get so when you do better it looks better for them in their beloved league tables. At 6th Form I was predicted 2 Ds and 2 Cs although two of the subjects I had done at GCSE and had achieved an A grade. It's stupid.
I believe (and hope) they predict boys results and put them a grade lower, as they believe then that the boys will revise more to try and beat whatever result they will get. I know some girls who are middle Maths, whereas I am in top Maths and they are predicted A's, whereas I was predicted a B? lol. I think your also right with what you said Jake about schools making their pupils look like they're going to get better results than they were predicted.

I'm sure you'll get good grades in A level Jake as you do seem quite a clever lad.

Immenseman
25-08-2009, 09:07 PM
Well I got my results last Thursday for AS and got AAAB so predictions are just utter crap. I really hate them, I've spoken to the head about them because they annoy me endlessly.

Recursion
25-08-2009, 09:56 PM

About what I was predicted too.

25 hours to go!

Girls are naturally better at coursework orientated courses, for boys it's exam courses so that might explain why girls seem to get higher predicted grades.

DieselShaq
25-08-2009, 10:11 PM
My teachers never gave me predicted grades... What are double grades? You know, the AA and BB that I've been seeing posted...

Flamedragon3
25-08-2009, 11:26 PM
About what I was predicted too.

25 hours to go!

Girls are naturally better at coursework orientated courses, for boys it's exam courses so that might explain why girls seem to get higher predicted grades.
Well in Maths (100% exam), a girl who was in a class lower than me, is predicted an A, whereas I'm predicted a B and I'm actually quite good at Maths which is quite anoying lol.

benjamin
25-08-2009, 11:31 PM
ahahah i did my gcse's last year, i had BBBBCCCCCDE, i suck compared to most of you.

Immenseman
25-08-2009, 11:34 PM
4 b grades 5 Cs (lmao at that being filtered)

above average and plus my lower grade was worse than your lowest grade hahaahaha

PaulMacC
25-08-2009, 11:45 PM
My teachers never gave me predicted grades... What are double grades? You know, the AA and BB that I've been seeing posted...

Double Award subjects that take up two GCSE slots.
Double Award Science, Double Award Media etc.

Tristan
25-08-2009, 11:49 PM

I'm 90% sure you need 90% of the whole A level to get an A*.

Arron
26-08-2009, 09:06 AM
well this time tomorrow the results will be revealed.

Kardan
26-08-2009, 11:34 AM
I've already got three from previous years (English Language, A; Maths, A; French, B) but I'm waiting for another 8 on Thursday...

My school rang me up to tell me my results are in the best 12 results of the school, so they've told me to get my results early, at 9am, so I can be in the Leicester Mercury. Fun fun.

Jamesy
26-08-2009, 02:22 PM
I've already got three from previous years (English Language, A; Maths, A; French, B) but I'm waiting for another 8 on Thursday...

Ditto for English. I am getting excited for the rest :8

Recursion
26-08-2009, 08:05 PM
THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME.

xxMATTGxx
26-08-2009, 09:36 PM
I'm quite nervous to be honest. Just want to see them and get it all over and done with to be honest. I just hope I don't too bad :(.

Nicola
26-08-2009, 09:40 PM
I'm quite nervous to be honest. Just want to see them and get it all over and done with to be honest. I just hope I don't too bad :(.

Same :(.
Anyways, good luck everyone and well done to those that have done well already :)

Recursion
26-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Good Luck everyone!!

Geraint
26-08-2009, 09:50 PM
Just wanna know what I got now. Absolutely dreading my English. I'm hoping for a C but a D is more likely. :(

cocaine
26-08-2009, 10:04 PM
rahhh mine come out tomorrow but our double science thing in year 10 counts, in which i got an A (:

PaulMacC
26-08-2009, 11:05 PM
Just wanna know what I got now. Absolutely dreading my English. I'm hoping for a C but a D is more likely. :(
I was like that although somehow I got an A.

Kipp
26-08-2009, 11:08 PM
Can't wait, picking up my results in 10 hours :D Goodluck everyone.

Geraint
26-08-2009, 11:13 PM
I was like that although somehow I got an A.

Nah, seriously going to do crap. Teacher hates us, got a D in my mock and I just don't know how to improve on it. :/

CJW93
27-08-2009, 12:16 AM
Get my results at 11am. god I'm nervous. I know I suck at maths.

DamianLove
27-08-2009, 12:25 AM
Not really nervous, seen as I can't change whats on the paper can I?

Richie
27-08-2009, 12:35 AM
Hey

English - C
History - C
ICT - A

I never knew up the north you's had GCSE's well silly me i suppose its common sence, but yeah i hope your happy with your results :) and best of luck everyone, i hope no-one gets that upset that they think of being suicidle. I hate to think of the worst but it has happened in the past. Just remember if you have try'd your best there's nothing you can do.

Immenseman
27-08-2009, 12:38 AM
oooooh, you all get them later today - good luck! :8

Mr.OSH
27-08-2009, 12:46 AM
:D Good luck everyone! I hope I've done okay myself! :O

kk.
27-08-2009, 01:03 AM
Nah, seriously going to do crap. Teacher hates us, got a D in my mock and I just don't know how to improve on it. :/

my teacher hated me dont worry. I did lit a year early and got a C retook and got an A. although, i resubmitted a piece of coursework that in year 10 i got 14 (B), didnt make any changes, and it went up to 16 (A). weird ass teacher

CJW93
27-08-2009, 08:56 AM
Going to collect mine at 11. How did everyone do?

Jxhn
27-08-2009, 09:01 AM
Just got back from getting them I got ****aaaabb

maths: a*
chem: a*
phys: a*
bio: a*
french: a
product design: a
eng lang: a
geog: a (surprised)
latin: b
eng lit: b

Kardan
27-08-2009, 09:02 AM
Got mine two hours early so I could get photographed and interviewed by the Leicester Mercury (Y).

RE - A*
Biology - A*
Chemistry - A*
Maths - A
English Language - A
English Literature - A
Statistics - A
Physics - A
Geography - B
IT - B
French - B

I'm pleased, wish I did better on Geography and IT though :@ IT had A* coursework, so must have done epically bad on the exam. My RE was predicted a B, so I fluked that :)

Recursion
27-08-2009, 09:02 AM
I never knew up the north you's had GCSE's well silly me i suppose its common sence, but yeah i hope your happy with your results :) and best of luck everyone, i hope no-one gets that upset that they think of being suicidle. I hate to think of the worst but it has happened in the past. Just remember if you have try'd your best there's nothing you can do.

They have GCSEs all over the world! LOL.

Good Luck everyone, about to leave to get mine!!

Callum.
27-08-2009, 09:22 AM
Media - A
Citizenship - A
English - B
Maths - B
Science - C
PE - C
RS - C
History - C

All A-C so I'm happy. Fluked citizenship, didn't see the point in it for two years but was compulsory. Really happy with maths and english, thought I would scrape a C, but now I can tell one of the teachers who said I was going to fail because I had a laid back attitude to English. Only one I'm slightly disappointed with is history, but atleast it's C.

cocaine
27-08-2009, 09:39 AM
Science (Year 10) - A
English Literature - A
ICT - A
Business Studies - B
History - B
Maths - B
German - B
Additional Science (Year 11) - B
English Language - C
Citizenship - C

58.5 points, and the grades I need to get into 6th form to do 4 A-levels. I'm pleasedd ;)

Hitman
27-08-2009, 09:49 AM
Got mine two hours early so I could get photographed and interviewed by the Leicester Mercury (Y).

RE - A*
Biology - A*
Chemistry - A*
Maths - A
English Language - A
English Literature - A
Statistics - A
Physics - A
Geography - B
IT - B
French - B

I'm pleased, wish I did better on Geography and IT though :@ IT had A* coursework, so must have done epically bad on the exam. My RE was predicted a B, so I fluked that :)aha wicked, I'll have to buy a copy lulz

Long story short I only did my Spanish GCSE - got an A*.

Jamesy
27-08-2009, 09:53 AM
:) Rather pleased.

french - b
maths - b
citizensip - A
RS - A
History - A*
IT - A
Geo - A
science - A*
science 2 - A
Literature - A
Media - D*

(D* is distinction for BTEC).

jam666
27-08-2009, 09:58 AM
Applied ICT 1 A*
Applied ICT 2 A*
Business Studies A
Media Studies A
English Literature B
English Language B
Science 1 B
Science 2 B
Art B
R.E B
Maths C
Graphics D

Im abit dissapointed on the graphics front as everyone seemed to get really low marks, but everything else im thrilled at :)

Dippindonut1
27-08-2009, 10:08 AM
Woooooooo I'm so happy! I know my results aren't as good as quite a few people on here but here they are: :D

English - A (I was shocked when I saw that seeing though I HATE English and thought I did aweful in the exam.

English Lit - B

Maths - B

Science (Double) - 2 A's

Geography - B

ICT (Double) - B

ALAN Test - Pass (Highest mark possible)

Graphic Products - A

So yeah, overall VERY happy. Although Geography and Maths were a let down as I was predicted A's and A*'s but I am THRILLED with English!!!!

History - A (OMG)

Citizenship - A

R.E - A* (Double OMG)

Nicola
27-08-2009, 10:08 AM
Art and Design - C
Food Technology - B
English Lit - C
English Lang - C
Level 2 project - C
Mathematics - C
Science - C
Additional Science - C
Dance - Pass (CC)
Media - Pass (CCCC)
Spanish - C
R.E - C

I'm so happy I passed everything, 16 GCSE's! Gutted I didn't get higher in some things but I'm over the moon tbh. I never thought I'd pass maths, ever.
Look at you lot with all your A's :O well done everyone :D

DieselShaq
27-08-2009, 10:18 AM
Got my last one today: Geography A*
So to sum up, my results are:

Geography: A*

Jamesy
27-08-2009, 10:21 AM
Art and Design - C
Food Technology - B
English Lit - C
English Lang - C
Level 2 project - C
Mathematics - C
Science - C
Additional Science - C
Dance - Pass (CC)
Media - Pass (CCCC)
Spanish - C
R.E - C

I'm so happy I passed everything, 16 GCSE's! Gutted I didn't get higher in some things but I'm over the moon tbh. I never thought I'd pass maths, ever.
Look at you lot with all your A's :O well done everyone :D

Do you do BTECS then? (noticing the 4 equivalents for media)

Kalk
27-08-2009, 10:25 AM
2A*s, 8As and 4Bs. :)

Not too bad :)

Recursion
27-08-2009, 10:30 AM
ICT Computer Graphics: Distinction
ICT Business Skils: Merit
Geography: B
English: B
English Lit: B
Physics: B
Biology: C
Chemistry: C
Maths: C
Business Economics: C
Religious Studies: C
French: D

ALAN Test Level 2 for Maths and English: Level 2 Passes

I'm really pleased to be honest! I would have rather got a higher grade in Maths and Economics but oh well!

Well done everyone!!

Nicola
27-08-2009, 10:34 AM
Do you do BTECS then? (noticing the 4 equivalents for media)

Yup :)

Jordan,
27-08-2009, 10:42 AM
Eng lang -C
Eng lit - C
Maths - C
Sci - B
Hist - B
Business - Merit
Drama - C
French - C
IT - C
Chemistry - C 69/69 on paper one 62/69 on paper 2 pmsl

N!ck
27-08-2009, 10:49 AM
A BTEC is a BTEC, not 4 GCSEs. Ignore what your schools say, it is not. If it was it would be called Quadrouple Award GCSE Media or whatever, not BTEC/GNVQ ;).

Congratulations everyone on the results by the way :).

CJW93
27-08-2009, 10:54 AM
I am just pleased that with my results I can not spell the word Fudge and dude. Didn't do to bad got a few c's so I am ok. D is english and science ****** me off off hey. lol at no one passed re at my school

PaulMacC
27-08-2009, 10:54 AM
Digital Media - Distiniction* [x2] which I'm assuming is two A*'s seeing as it was double award.
Religion - A*
English - A
History - A
ICT - B
Maths - B
Science - C, C

Pissed off with ICT, 4 marks off an A but I got back to do it in 6th form.
Why do people in England do 10-12 GCSEs.
I was only allowed to pick 9.

Recursion
27-08-2009, 10:55 AM
Digital Media - A*, A*
Religion - A*
English - A
History - A
ICT - B
Maths - B
Science - C, C

Pissed off with ICT, 4 marks off an A but I got back to do it in 6th form.
Why do people in England do 10-12 GCSEs.
I was only allowed to pick 9.

We only got to pick three but there were loads of compulsary ones.

PaulMacC
27-08-2009, 10:57 AM
We only got to pick three but there were loads of compulsary ones.
I wanted to do more, but I was only allowed to do 9, 4 of which I had to do.

Geraint
27-08-2009, 11:14 AM
English - C
Biology - A*
Chemistry - B
Physics - A*
Maths - A*
P.E. - B

BoyBetterKnow
27-08-2009, 11:16 AM
I set my targets low. Didn't revise so I'm chuffed. Should've revised though.

Relegious Education - D (because I wrote Jeebus as a joke :| so immature)
Drama - D (Despite A in performance)
French - D (you may have seen my frecn speaking thread lmao)

Maths - C
Science - C
Ad. Science - C
English Lit - B
English Lang - B

CiDA - M <- What does M mean? someone tell me. Apparantly I got two B's for it...

Recursion
27-08-2009, 11:17 AM
I set my targets low. Didn't revise so I'm chuffed. Should've revised though.

Relegious Education - D (because I wrote Jeebus as a joke :| so immature)
Drama - D (Despite A in performance)
French - D (you may have seen my frecn speaking thread lmao)

Maths - C
Science - C
Ad. Science - C
English Lit - B
English Lang - B

CiDA - M <- What does M mean? someone tell me. Apparantly I got two B's for it...

M means Merit, equal to B

Isoelectric
27-08-2009, 11:17 AM
Just got my German results, so its now
Maths A*
Additional Maths A
German A
Geography A
English A
English Lit. A*
Technology A
Double Award Science AA

:D So happy about the results, and well done to everyone else :)

Technologic
27-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Maths - A
Eng Lang - A
Eng Lit - A*
Bio - A*
Geog - A*
Chem - A
Physics - A
ICT - A
French - A

efq
27-08-2009, 11:43 AM
Got my last one today: Geography A*
So to sum up, my results are:

Geography: A*

You remind me of my mate whos a right boffin, sounds like a proper nerd and can't settle for less than A*. But he is a millionaire so I guess rich kids have to do well.

Not saying you are any of that btw :P

Well done though!

colourpot
27-08-2009, 11:43 AM
I got 1 B, 3 C's, 3 D's and an E LOL
But im going college so its all goooood :)

Jessie
27-08-2009, 11:45 AM
Only got 4 GCSE because im in Year 10, going 11 xD

I got C in French, A* in Biology, A in Chemestry and A* in RE :D

BoyBetterKnow
27-08-2009, 11:46 AM
M means Merit, equal to B

WOOOO :D ly Tawm

Kipp
27-08-2009, 11:49 AM
I got 2B's, 4C's, 3D's 2E's and a F. Lol Anyways I'm still going to college :D

superstar911
27-08-2009, 11:51 AM
So my final tally is 5 C's, a B and 3 A's. Really stoked.

Well done everone else.

Tristan
27-08-2009, 11:53 AM
They have GCSEs all over the world! LOL.

Good Luck everyone, about to leave to get mine!!
No they don't.

ICT Computer Graphics: Distinction
ICT Business Skils: Merit
English: B
English Lit: B
Physics: B
Biology: C
Chemistry: C
Maths: C
Business Economics: C
Religious Studies: C
French: D

ALAN Test Level 2 for Maths and English: Level 2 Passes

I'm really pleased to be honest! I would have rather got a higher grade in Maths and Economics but oh well!

Well done everyone!!
Looking just at the GCSE grades, you got the same as I did last yr.
4 B's, 4 C's and a D.
We could only take 9 GCSEs.

Robbie
27-08-2009, 11:56 AM
English Lang - B
English Lit - C
Media Studies - Pass (C)
I.T - Merit (B)
Science - C
Additional Science - D
Geography - D
ALANS - Maths and English Pass
Religous Studies - B

ok I suppose - gets me into sixth form so yeah. Anyone else do OCR National I.T and not get their certificate

Recursion
27-08-2009, 12:09 PM
No they don't.

Looking just at the GCSE grades, you got the same as I did last yr.
4 B's, 4 C's and a D.
We could only take 9 GCSEs.

Well, not all over the world, but in many countries.

Callum.
27-08-2009, 12:16 PM
English Lang - B
English Lit - C
Media Studies - Pass (C)
I.T - Merit (B)
Science - C
Additional Science - D
Geography - D
Religous Studies - B

ok I suppose - gets me into sixth form so yeah. Anyone else do OCR National I.T and not get their certificate

Congrats. I got the certificate about two months ago.

Kardan
27-08-2009, 12:25 PM
A BTEC is a BTEC, not 4 GCSEs. Ignore what your schools say, it is not. If it was it would be called Quadrouple Award GCSE Media or whatever, not BTEC/GNVQ ;).

Congratulations everyone on the results by the way :).

Correct. One BTEC in Media is not the same as an A* in GCSE Maths, Biology, Physics and Chemistry.

GTA-Andy
27-08-2009, 12:32 PM
English Lang - A
English Lit - A
History - A
Geography - A
ICT - A
RE - A
Citizenship - A
Maths - B
Science - B
Add. Science - B

So quite happy ^.^

Axel
27-08-2009, 12:34 PM

A* isn't this year? Damnit... I got 95% in history. :(

Thrived
27-08-2009, 12:37 PM
I got:

A* History
A* Citezenship
A R.E
A English Lit
A English
A Sociology
A ICT
D* (Distinction Plus BTECMEDIA)

B Science
B Science

C Maths :eusa_wall

Im quite happy! :D

Recursion
27-08-2009, 12:38 PM
English Lang - B
English Lit - C
Media Studies - Pass (C)
I.T - Merit (B)
Science - C
Additional Science - D
Geography - D
Religous Studies - B

Yeah, we did OCR ICT, one of them was ICT Skills for Business and the other Computer Graphics Design, got the certificates today :]

Robbie
27-08-2009, 12:39 PM
Damn, my college say they will need my certificate on enrolment but my school say they don't have them yet and we won't get them for ages. I don't even have a provisional result statement for it, they just told us and thats it :(

DieselShaq
27-08-2009, 12:43 PM
You remind me of my mate whos a right boffin, sounds like a proper nerd and can't settle for less than A*. But he is a millionaire so I guess rich kids have to do well.

Not saying you are any of that btw :P

Well done though!
I can't settle for less than A* for certain subjects. For others, I just need that A*. I'm quite satisfied with my English results, to be honest, because I thought I might've gotten an A for language and B for literature.

Tristan
27-08-2009, 01:34 PM
A* isn't this year? Damnit... I got 95% in history. :(

I'm guessing you're in A2?
Ouch, if you were in my sixth form you'd have gotten it. :P

jackass
27-08-2009, 01:40 PM
Maths - A*
English Lit. - B
English Lang. - B
Physics - A
Chemistry - A
Biology - A
Business Studies - C
Resistant Materials - C
Religious Education - A
Citizenship - C

I'm VERY happy, apart from my Business Studies grade. :D:(

Lost_Addict
27-08-2009, 02:12 PM
Hmmmm
Science core - A
Science Additional - B
Maths - B
English Lang - C
English Lit - B
RE - B
ICT Dida part 1 - A
ICT Dida part 2 - A
Electronics - C
Humanities - B
Statistics - C
Music - D Bah humbug -.-.-.-.-.-

that last result will piss me off for a while because i did so well in my practicals / coursework but we only had 2 weeks left to learn the damn test because our teacher left it to damn close.

Arron
27-08-2009, 02:25 PM
I'd like to say congratulations to everyone who got amazing marks and got what they wanted. I did okay, I achieved my target grades so I am happy in the result. I'm in college anyway.

English Lit: C
English Lang: C
Maths: D (resit next year)
Science: Cx4
IT: B
IT: C
Food Technology: E
RS: E
Physical Education: E (thought I deserved a B quite frankly)

Flamedragon3
27-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Maths - A
R.E - A
English Literature - A
English Language - A
Applied Business - A A
Citizenship - B
I.T - B
History - B
Science - C

I'm really happy with my results, considering I was predicted a B in everything but Science was predicted a C.

I know someone at my school, who only took four exams, and got GEFF.

Cryptoo
27-08-2009, 06:00 PM
I got mine on Tuesday (Northern Ireland) I got

ICT: A*
Art & Design: A* (I got 390 out of 400 possible marks ^_^)
English Lit: A
RE: A
Learning for Life & Work: A
Biology: B
Maths: B
English Lang: B
Spanish: B

I was really surprised at Art, I thought I'd only get an A, uuuber surprised at Maths (I did higher, higher tier) it was so hard! And English Lit, I don't even read and Spanish, I buggered my oral up! Disappointed at Geography though :(

drama
27-08-2009, 08:45 PM
A*AAABBBCCD

yuhhhh

.:.:jjm261:.:.
27-08-2009, 11:21 PM
French - B
ICT - BBBB
Science Core - B
Science Additional - B
Maths - C
BTEC Media - C
GCSE Stats - C
English Language - C
English Lit - D
History - D
Electronics - E for Effort :)

Zuar
28-08-2009, 12:03 AM
just got 2, b in maths and b in geography.

not that bothered about maths as we got put in early and hardly knew any of m10, so it was self tought.

the b in geography I was abit sad about :l
i wanted an A haha

and i got an A in my b1b resit so I'm aiming for A*A/AA for double award science now :)

clueless
28-08-2009, 08:41 AM
science - A
add science - A
IT - A*
Art - A
English - A
English Lit - B
History - A
Maths - A
RE - A
French - A
Media - A

:]
1 A*, 9 As and 1 B

so happy!

Imp!
28-08-2009, 12:54 PM
Mine is a Mix of CCEA and AQA

ICT - A*
Drama - A
RE - A
Business Studies - B
English - B
History - B
French - B
Science - C
Maths -C

I'm quite happy, although I got 2 Cs, they were the subjects that I really struggle with, so I am happy to have atleast passed them and I never have to open that chapter again :)

Rozi
28-08-2009, 01:13 PM
omg yes yes yes :)

I got an A in my Satistics and an A in my RE short course. I am so happy as I was expecting like an B/C in Stats so I was so happy :D

DamianLove
28-08-2009, 01:43 PM
5 A*s, 5 As and 5 **

I got 3 separate A*s in IT and 2 A*s in a Media course.

Sunny.
28-08-2009, 01:57 PM
Mine arent as good as some people here but im proud of them, I did better than my predicted grades, sooo i was pretty glad. Though was annoyed with my B in ict. Shuda bin a A.

1 A
8 B's
4 C's
[I did some extra GCSE's]

LauFish
28-08-2009, 02:54 PM
Well done everyone!

timROGERS
28-08-2009, 08:02 PM
I got:

English - A*
English Literature - A
Maths - A*
French - A*
Economics - A
Geography - A*
IT - A*
Religious Studies - A*
PE - A (LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL)
Preperation for Working Life - Pass
Science - A
Additional Science - A*

Jamesy
28-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Is anyone else now feeling a bit "hm. So this is it?". Waited ages and it just seems to have abruptly ended :(.

Muppet
28-08-2009, 09:01 PM
I got my Maths Module 3 result today, got an A.

I'm doing it a year early, so am very pleased with that :)

Thrived
29-08-2009, 08:25 AM
Is anyone else now feeling a bit "hm. So this is it?". Waited ages and it just seems to have abruptly ended :(.
Yeh i am.. it sucks!

cocaine
29-08-2009, 08:51 AM

sort of, im a little annoyed because i could have done waaaaay better in my GCSEs, but they've got me where i want to go so i should be pleased i guess.

AgnesIO
29-08-2009, 10:44 AM
Yeah, we did OCR ICT, one of them was ICT Skills for Business and the other Computer Graphics Design, got the certificates today :]

hat did you do for the skills for business bit?

Ed.
29-08-2009, 10:54 AM
English Language - A*
Biology - A*
Latin - A*
Chemistry - A*
Geography - A*
I.T - A*
French - A*
Maths - A*
Physics - A
English Literature - A

Additional Maths (Free Standing Mathematics Qualification) - A (highest you can get)

I might get Physics remarked as I think I might be close to A*.

AgnesIO
29-08-2009, 11:03 AM
English Language - A*
Biology - A*
Latin - A*
Chemistry - A*
Geography - A*
I.T - A*
French - A*
Maths - A*
Physics - A
English Literature - A

Additional Maths (Free Standing Mathematics Qualification) - A (highest you can get)

I might get Physics remarked as I think I might be close to A*.

Only bother if your school pays for it tbh.

They might be really important to to you, but aslong as you keep going at A Level NO university will turn you town, with results like that,

Ed.
29-08-2009, 11:09 AM
Oxbridge might. Also if I am 5 or less marks away - the school pays for the remark and I've been speaking to the head of the dept and they have heard good things about me so they might get it remarked.

cocaine
29-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Only bother if your school pays for it tbh.

They might be really important to to you, but aslong as you keep going at A Level NO university will turn you town, with results like that,

since when did universitys look at GCSEs? i thought they looked at A level results..?

AgnesIO
29-08-2009, 05:53 PM
since when did universitys look at GCSEs? i thought they looked at A level results..?

I was stating the fact you get all A*'s and A's basically says you will do well at A Level if you do them.

cocaine
29-08-2009, 07:40 PM
I was stating the fact you get all A*'s and A's basically says you will do well at A Level if you do them.

not really, its down to the individual - the grades you achieve are not neccessarily reflective of your capability. i'd consider myself very intelligent and able and I did worse than expected in GCSEs. thats because i didnt try very hard, yet for A-levels im obviously going to take them a lot more seriously as they're key to getting into university.

Sly
30-08-2009, 11:00 AM
5A'S
5B'S
1E.

AgnesIO
30-08-2009, 11:42 AM
5A'S
5B'S
1E.

What was the E in?!

Seems a bit out of place to the rest of your results!!

Inseriousity.
30-08-2009, 11:52 AM

Don't underestimate A Levels. :)
That's all I'm saying.

AgnesIO
30-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Don't underestimate A Levels. :)
That's all I'm saying.

Dw I'm not, but it is a fact that if you are really clever (Getting 6+ A* and the rest A, you cannot be dumb.

Ed.
30-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Lots of people get 3 A's at A level now so Universities need to try and distinguish between the candidates and they do that by looking at GCSE results. The new A* has been introduced at A level which means that A level candidates can be distinguished between so maybe now they will look less at GCSEs but they are still important. 6 A*s and 4 As is the minimum Oxbridge will accept.

Soy
30-08-2009, 01:29 PM
It's all about the highest qualification you have

You only need C's for GCSE

Ed.
30-08-2009, 01:35 PM
For where Soy? Top universities require all A*s and A's.

N!ck
30-08-2009, 02:26 PM
GCSEs are worthless once you get A-levels. All GCSEs do is allow you to get into sixth form.

Soy
30-08-2009, 02:29 PM
For where Soy? Top universities require all A*s and A's.

Universities use a point system gained from A levels

Duave
30-08-2009, 06:45 PM
Lol not doing GCSE's yet!

But here are my SAT's results:

Science ~ 4
English ~ 5
Maths ~ 4 :eusa_danc

Stitch
30-08-2009, 07:45 PM
4 B's
4 C's
2 D's

I probably could have gotten one or two A's but I'm happy with what I got and I got what I needed for college :)

Ed.
30-08-2009, 07:50 PM

They use UCAS and you get a certain amount of UCAS points for each grade in GCSE and top universities require a certain number of UCAS points which can only be obtained with high GCSE grades.

Also GCSEs are important to universities as I know people that have been Rejected from Universities and the reason given is "GCSE results do not meet requirements". It is an unwritten thing.

N!ck
30-08-2009, 08:04 PM
They use UCAS and you get a certain amount of UCAS points for each grade in GCSE and top universities require a certain number of UCAS points which can only be obtained with high GCSE grades.

Also GCSEs are important to universities as I know people that have been Rejected from Universities and the reason given is "GCSE results do not meet requirements". It is an unwritten thing.

The top universities do not work on points at all. They make their offer on A-level grades, not points ;).

Ed.
30-08-2009, 09:10 PM
Yes but they won't make an offer in the first place if you don't have the right GCSEs or UCAS.

AgnesIO
31-08-2009, 10:03 AM
Lol not doing GCSE's yet!

But here are my SAT's results:

Science ~ 4
English ~ 5
Maths ~ 4 :eusa_danc

I take it you are in Year 6 (going into 7?)

Cysne
06-09-2009, 11:30 AM
Yes but they won't make an offer in the first place if you don't have the right GCSEs or UCAS.
Which is a C in maths and English. Oh the horror! Or sometimes a B, they generally couldn't care less about anything else.

Dusty-09
07-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Did humanities last year and got an A, pretty proud of that seeing as I'm not in YR11 Yet :)

Soka
09-09-2009, 05:14 PM

they look at A Levels, as well as GCSES. obviously A levels are more important, but consider a case with two applicants with the exact same AS results, they would need to look further to GCSES.

Lots of people get 3 A's at A level now so Universities need to try and distinguish between the candidates and they do that by looking at GCSE results. The new A* has been introduced at A level which means that A level candidates can be distinguished between so maybe now they will look less at GCSEs but they are still important. 6 A*s and 4 As is the minimum Oxbridge will accept.

Agree with all there except part I've bolded, thats a complete fabrication.

True, but a fair few mainly base on offer on certain grades in certain subjects.

You get no UCAS Points for GCSES. UCAS points are obtained from A Levels/various other qualifications, not GCSES.

As far as I know, the only place that is obsessed with getting A*s at GCSE is Durham. If you want to apply to a top university just make sure you've got really good AS results, and a passionate personal statement about the chosen degree subject.

GCSES are mainly the stepping stone to A Levels, and A Levels the stepping stones to University, with University degree being the most important when applying for a job. Of course, if there are two identical applicants then your GCSES/A Levels may prove to be important so it is always worth working at them rather than saying 'oh well' they are pointless.'

luce
10-09-2009, 04:29 PM
science - A
Math mod 3 - A (1mark off A* so i'm re-taking)
Math mod 3 - A*
PE - A* (Top mark out of my year with 435/470 BOOM)
Geog - A (re-take because i got one over A)

i've only just gone into year 11 so yeah i didn't get many i need to re-take a couple science modules aswell i think just to bump it up a bit more so i don't slip into the B Zone :D

Jordan3606
12-09-2009, 04:01 PM
Biology - C
Chemistry - B
Physics - B

They were just modules though, the first modules I got A in physics, and B in the other 2. I've gone downhill, oh well :P

Those were the only results I got though, I'm Year 10 now, but I did those a few months back in Year 9

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!