PDA

View Full Version : Does this mean people under 18 buy can over 18 games

g
25-08-2009, 01:40 PM
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090825/ttc-loophole-leaves-dvd-law-toothless-e1d36ba.html

Does this mean people under 18 buy can over 18 games?!?!?!? i didnt understand it :eusa_wall

Pyroka
25-08-2009, 01:43 PM
I seen that, basically it means that companies wont get prosecuted for selling under 18 movies and games for the next 3 months (as an estimate). The law will have to be passed through the government again, I wouldn't be surprised if its fast-tracked.

I can see most game companies making so they don't sell to under 18's anyway, they'll probably get some praise from the government for doing so. A bit of cash incentive, yano.

Suck
25-08-2009, 06:55 PM
A lot of stores won't change their policies on selling games, it'll just be the same despite this loophole.

Jordy
28-08-2009, 06:43 PM
Technically it means you can but stores are voluntarily keeping to the invalid law anyway.

However I wouldn't be surprised if they 'toned' it down a bit and perhaps won't be as harsh as usual. If you're a year or two under you might get away with it for once.

Ashley 12344
28-08-2009, 10:39 PM
I thought that'd been the case for a while. Definitly with the ones with the black background on the 16+ or whatever, which is solely advisery. Some places still ID on those grounds all along, so I doubt this'll change much at all.
Granted, with independant stores I expect it will. Can't see the chain stores like GAME slacking, though.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!