PDA

View Full Version : Do you care about your appearance?

IceNineKills
26-08-2009, 11:28 PM
It seems almost every teenager has a massive thing about how they look. Everyone (even the old man) goes on about why I don't dress like most other people. I wake up and just put on the first thing I see. I never do anything to my hair (obviously wash it) and I don't like wearing aftershave.

I've never styled my hair, cannot stand gel or anything. Alot of my shoes are scruffy (mainly because of my skateboard) but everyone I know goes on about "if you want a good looking girl you need to make an effort." but I really don't care if I'm single at 18.

Does anyone feel the same?

obviously i'm not some fat spotted dude with a full beard...

chantellehugs
27-08-2009, 12:10 AM
I get that all the time, my hair is curly, so I find it hard to do different styles with it, I usually just leave it loose or tie it up. And I don't wear makeup because I don't really feel comfortable doing so, the most I'd put on would be lip balm. It takes me around 20 minutes to get dressed and do my hair, but my friends are a completely different story, they take AGES applying all of their makeup, straightening their hair about 4 times and then picking an outfit. For me it's just my slouch jeans, a bright t-shirt with a patterned jumper or zip up hoodie on top and my converse. Nice and comfy. And my friends at school moan at me to start wearing make-up and stuff so that I can start dating, but what matters to me is what's on the inside, if someone's gonna take a look at me and go no way without stopping to make conversation, then they're obviously not worth it.. x] Even the guys at school take more time getting ready than me, what with straightening their hair (??) and putting gel on.

dirrty
27-08-2009, 12:18 AM
yeah, i take care of my appearance as i like to look after myself and look decent.

Meanies
27-08-2009, 12:21 AM
i don't go over the top but stil try to look nice. i chuck a bit of gel in my hair cus if i don't, well its a mess. and as for clothes i just take whatever out of my wardrobe and put it on :)

i feel sorry for girls who spend like hours doin their hair and makeup

DamianLove
27-08-2009, 12:24 AM
I take a lot of care in how I look with a lot of 'appointments' at different place aha. But I've just been brought up like that. I don't really spend hours getting ready and don't plan my outfit hours in advance.

Immenseman
27-08-2009, 12:42 AM
i care but i care about it for myself, i wouldn't want to go out looking like a tramp. it's who i am and it's how my parents brought me up i suppose, they wouldn't want me going out looking like some sort of street rat and i guess it stuck.

Dean
27-08-2009, 02:49 AM
I won't step out of the house if I look a mess end of tbh lol.

Keri?!
27-08-2009, 03:07 AM
Meh, I'll style my hair and wear decent clothes ;D

Misawa
27-08-2009, 03:36 AM
I make myself look presentable, spike my hair up a little, etc, but I always have done. I don't go out a mess and I don't go out looking tip top, with 3 cans of deodrant on.

Blinger1
27-08-2009, 06:19 AM
I don't go out looking tip top, with 3 cans of deodrant on.
DA CHIKS LUV DAT!

I don't really dress to impress, i mean if i go on a date i will dress 'good' but otherwise who gives a ****? I mean, if i go to the shopping center, i just chuck anything on, and my hair is short, i don't need to style it ;)

Richie
27-08-2009, 06:47 AM
I won't really go out looking like a mess not because of what other people think, but kinda because i just don't like to smell bad or like look bad cos it makes me feel like ****

Jamesy
27-08-2009, 07:08 AM
Mildly. I check if my hair is standing up stupidly but thats about it.

BoomItsClowgon
27-08-2009, 09:18 AM
I take A LOT of care in my appearance.. When i'm going into Town or something i'll put on something nice, do my hair ect.. Even when my mum sends me up the road or something.. if i'm wearing something scruffy I'll go change and my mum can't stand it.. but i hate going outside looking like a tramp.. I like wearing nice clothes.. I'm sure most people do?

The only time where i don't care too much is when i'm at school no point really.. I'm quite physical when i'm there and i usually come back covered in mud.

Black_Apalachi
27-08-2009, 10:37 AM
Ultimately, no. I just have a shower, wear whatever and go out. Need a hair cut tbh. Hair's well long :P.

colourpot
27-08-2009, 01:03 PM
About 1/2 years ago i never took much care tbh, i wasnt a girly girl who wore makeup (i still dont) and wore the best thing out, but over the years as ive got older ive changed alot in my apperance. I like to wear clothes that i think are nice and suit me, i spend time doing my hair and stuff like that. Most of my friends wear makeup but i dont, tbh i look like a clown in it :P

Tristan
27-08-2009, 01:22 PM
yes.

I take A LOT of care in my appearance.. When i'm going into Town or something i'll put on something nice, do my hair ect.. Even when my mum sends me up the road or something.. if i'm wearing something scruffy I'll go change and my mum can't stand it.. but i hate going outside looking like a tramp.. I like wearing nice clothes.. I'm sure most people do?

The only time where i don't care too much is when i'm at school no point really.. I'm quite physical when i'm there and i usually come back covered in mud.

getting dirty from chasing all the boys, huh?

Swearwolf
27-08-2009, 01:49 PM
usually yeah, i like my hair to look decent, and sometimes when im going out that night i might wear a casual shirt n some decent jeans, other times when im out during the day i wear a decent tshirt n jeans usually

Skaboy15
27-08-2009, 02:09 PM
I used to thinks loads about it, but now aslong as I have a shower beforehand, have nice straigh hair, deadarant and decent clothes, I'm care-free :P

Arron
27-08-2009, 02:44 PM
I care yes, I can't go anywhere without having a shower, shave and gelling hair. If I don't do any of those, I feel as if I don't look well in the clothes I wear and I'm very stylish ;-)

9y
27-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Depends what im doing that week/day

If im out in town that night, il have a shave, do my hair, wash and prep nicely. if i know im just going to be in the house, not going anywhere, whats the point in wasting my time when it can be done the next time i go out.

buttons
27-08-2009, 04:40 PM
yeee like 3 y/ago i was mega chav n didn't care what i looked like rly lolol but now i do, i'm not like one of them walking barbie thingsss but i get my hair done regularly + tan (no, i don't look orange), exfoliate and take care of my skin and sometimes i get my nails done but i don't look totally plastic. i don't wear much make-up normally only mascara + eyeliner n maybe lipbalm. i wash n do my hair every single day and don't let anyone see me without any make-up or "comfy clothing", only when i'm alone!! there's no point over-doing yourself everyday because when it comes to going out to a party/club whatever else if you just look the same as everyday it's pretty pointless.... so yes i take pride in my appearance.

BoomItsClowgon
27-08-2009, 04:46 PM
yes.

getting dirty from chasing all the boys, huh?

Cracking joke there. :rolleyes:

Bun
28-08-2009, 09:55 AM
i like to look decent yeh.

Fehm
28-08-2009, 10:14 AM
I've always cared tbh. Im a lad, I straighten my hair, Wax my fringe, straighten little bits again, redo the bits I think are bad, then its to the wardrobe, an almost certainty of Black Skinny Jeans, then its picking the top half.... T-shirt or Shirt? Hmm.. Aftershave I always wear, along with deoderant, obviously.. I can't leave the house without thinking, If I saw a fittie up the street would I catch her attention? If its a no, Its spend another hour on my hair and clothes (Y)

Yh.. I have to care tbh :P

FlyingJesus
28-08-2009, 11:45 AM
I don't spend an awfully long time getting myself done up simply because I already know what's going to look good and the only real difference is precisely how I feel that day. I have jeans in a couple of shades of blue and a general black and can wear any depending on how casual or smart I feel like being, and shirts fill up two drawers now so I'm not usually stuck for something to match. I tend to match underwear when I can too but that's not so important unless I'm going "out" out like to the clubs or a fancy do or something. As a mirror to iApps I do my hair last, because then I can see how it's going to look with the outfit and it won't have any chance of being touched by changing a top, and I typically style my hair according to what I'm wearing at the time rather than just the same all the time.

Looking good makes you feel good - when I had my awful long hair I thought otherwise and just wanted things on the cheap, but going out knowing that you're wearing some finely made designer threads gives you a great boost even if no-one else recognises it.

hmv
28-08-2009, 11:51 AM
I don't really care how I appear to people, tbh.

Soy
28-08-2009, 12:06 PM
stress to impress $$

Richie
28-08-2009, 12:07 PM
I hate girls that put piles of makeup on and look like there gonna fall over because of the amount of makeup on there face

myke
28-08-2009, 12:11 PM
yeah i care what i look like, i wouldnt want to go out looking like some god knows what.
i don't care what other people think. i'll do what i want, the way i want. if someone thinks something about me, that's their problem and not mine. i'll wear what i want, even if it doesnt go... i don't have "fashion sense" i just wear whatever i grab. neither do i follow trends, i'm my own person.

@richie same, i hate girls that put on makeup with a spade and look like clowns or tangerines.

MrGazet
28-08-2009, 02:09 PM
i care very much and i dress to impress

LoveToStack
28-08-2009, 06:43 PM
Yes I take pride in my appearance but I don't spend a long time over it. I shower every day, wash my hair every other day with shampoo and dry it with a towel. Sometimes I spend a while picking out something to wear but only if it's a night out.
That being said I still try to look ok when I'm just going out for something more low-key, black jeans at the least, never trackies.
There's a difference between someone who cares about their appearance and someone who looks like a Jonas brother kicked through Topman though.

NIKKEE
28-08-2009, 08:09 PM
I love getting ready and making an effort, it's lovely to be a girl. I like to look smart and presentable. :)

Pixet
28-08-2009, 08:37 PM
More than people think.
If, for example, I do my hair really nice. I won't wear it like that to school because I'm afraid of what people think whereas I would wear it going shopping or something because you see someone for a few seconds then you never see them again.
Basically, I'm scared to change.
But I'm really concious of everything. My hair, my make-up, my walk, my weight. Everything. I hate it.

Jamesy
28-08-2009, 08:47 PM
Looking good makes you feel good - when I had my awful long hair I thought otherwise and just wanted things on the cheap, but going out knowing that you're wearing some finely made designer threads gives you a great boost even if no-one else recognises it.

Aha I feel the same way. :8

Abbie.
01-09-2009, 12:17 PM
yeaaa, i wont step out the door with bad hair, i dont put on much makeup, but i always have to have makeup on, nice clothes etc

unless im really comfortable around someone, like my family, or my boyfriend, i can just wear no makeup, have my hair tyed back and feel like noone judging me LOL.

Sly
03-09-2009, 10:35 AM
I dont need to make the effort I always look hot :p

-K8T!E-
03-09-2009, 10:17 PM
Yes I take pride in my appearance but I don't spend a long time over it. I shower every day, wash my hair every other day with shampoo and dry it with a towel. Sometimes I spend a while picking out something to wear but only if it's a night out.
That being said I still try to look ok when I'm just going out for something more low-key, black jeans at the least, never trackies.
There's a difference between someone who cares about their appearance and someone who looks like a Jonas brother kicked through Topman though.

omg so rite bout d jonas brother thing xD dat made me lmao. i hate it when guys look like they've spent an hour in front of the mirror :L
i wont go outside if i don't look good, but ill just wear casual clothes, and if i'm going out i'l dress up more =]

Glitter
03-09-2009, 10:25 PM
i spend quite a lot of time getting ready and stuff, and i spend way to much money on clothes and stuff.. but if i look good, i feel good. I didn't always use to care, i use to literally just whack my hair up and whack some clothes on and go, but nearing the end of year eleven and starting college and stuff, i kinda started making an effort.

ItsDave
03-09-2009, 10:41 PM
It depends what mood I'm in. But yes generally If Im meeting new people or going somewhere special then I'll make an effort.

VelvetClover
04-09-2009, 09:50 AM
I like to look nice when I leave the house. Looking nice gives me confidence.

JACKTARD
06-09-2009, 10:04 AM
i'm too insecure to not go out without making myself look half-decent

Cysne
06-09-2009, 03:29 PM
Ofcourse. Appearance = first impressions, which are important everywere.

Metric1
09-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Yes, I like to look good. I shower before I leave the house and I always wear nice clothes (designer jeans, nice shirt or polo or nice shorts and a tasteful t-shirt)

I don't care what others think about me, but as long as I know I look good that's all I can ask for, first impressions are everything!

Gullable
10-09-2009, 05:47 PM
well tbh, i have to wear makeup, my hair has to be the way i like it because im 13 years old and i hate the way i look atm, i dunno if its hormones, i think about the way i look 24/7

Xoim
17-09-2009, 06:51 PM
i'm too insecure to not go out without making myself look half-decent

Im the same im far too insecure about my appearence I wash my hair everytime I got out, Par school days when I wash my air everyother day otherwise my hair goes limp ;l

But yeah I spend about 30 mins on my hair alone :L
And then pick out clothes that I think flatter me :L

Im really weird and I have to look my best or I will feel like crap rofl.

Jorc
17-09-2009, 07:30 PM
I like to look presentable, I could never go to school with horrible hair or something bad lol. I don't care what others think, I just like to look good!

Glen Coco
18-09-2009, 03:26 PM
way,way, way, way, way too much.
i hate the way i look, i wanna try and atleast look a quatre decent, i faill most of the time though.

Toughened
18-09-2009, 04:30 PM
The two things I'm mainly bothered about is my hair and smell.

I hate leaving the house if my hair isn't half decent. My hair is naturally curly so I do straighten it 'cause I think curly hair looks scruffy.

Oh and I would hate to walk round not smelling nice 'cause if someone ever said what's that smell, I'd hate to god if it was me. By putting cologne on I know for sure it's not me and if people think it is I can even say, "It's not me, smell" so yeahh :D.

Otherwise I feel like crap all day and constantly worry about it.

cocaine
18-09-2009, 04:35 PM
yeah lol im completely obsessed with how i look and how what others first impressions of me would be.

e5
18-09-2009, 04:40 PM
No. Thats kinda gross, because you're not looking after yourself or personal hygeine by the sounds. You don't wear aftershave/deodrant, therefore when you finish skateboarding you're gonna stink? You wear unmatching clothes... Being single still at 18 aint really a good thing :S and you will care, being like that effects how you feel about yourself, then effecting your grades at school possibly too.

Andeeh
18-09-2009, 04:56 PM
I suppose i do but only like in the past year. I normally have a shower before i go out and put on some decent clothes and just make sure my hair isnt to bad :).

I just need to get rid of tired eyes :(

IceNineKills
19-09-2009, 12:25 AM
No. Thats kinda gross, because you're not looking after yourself or personal hygeine by the sounds. You don't wear aftershave/deodrant, therefore when you finish skateboarding you're gonna stink? You wear unmatching clothes... Being single still at 18 aint really a good thing :S and you will care, being like that effects how you feel about yourself, then effecting your grades at school possibly too.

i use deodrant and how am i not looking after myself? because i don't really care about what i wear?

and what's wrong with being single at 18? ain't like i'm looking to settle down anytime soon. and i finished school 2 years ago.

Hushie
19-09-2009, 09:30 AM
Ofcourse I care about my appearance, it's important to look your best I think

Caution
19-09-2009, 09:35 AM
To an extent. I can't stand males that go too far on themselves though.

Hushie
19-09-2009, 09:42 AM
To an extent. I can't stand males that go too far on themselves though.

Why?
I'm considering buying man makeup. :L

Caution
19-09-2009, 09:47 AM
Why?
I'm considering buying man makeup. :L

I think it looks very, very stupid. In my opinion, that should be for girls only. If you're considering buying makeup I would assume you have issues to be honest. But whatever.

Hushie
19-09-2009, 09:51 AM
I think it looks very, very stupid. In my opinion, that should be for girls only. If you're considering buying makeup I would assume you have issues to be honest. But whatever.

Would you consider a girl wearing makeup to have 'issues'? No
So I don't think it should be any different for males. I'm not talking about dragqueen make-up, just concealer and foundation to cover up imperfections

Caution
19-09-2009, 09:56 AM
Would you consider a girl wearing makeup to have 'issues'? No
So I don't think it should be any different for males. I'm not talking about dragqueen make-up, just concealer and foundation to cover up imperfections
No, because it's designed for girls. I wouldn't see anything that weird about concealer just to cover up really, but it still looks a bit too far for a guy tbh..

Hushie
19-09-2009, 10:13 AM
No, because it's designed for girls. I wouldn't see anything that weird about concealer just to cover up really, but it still looks a bit too far for a guy tbh..

Fair enough, I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree.

Zak
19-09-2009, 11:56 AM
i never used to give a fudge about my appearance.. but now it means a lot! from the hair to the clothes.. i don't wana be called a tramp.. i want the girls to say.. oo he looks good :) and parents/adults upon first impression to think im a good looking lad :P

Abbie.
24-09-2009, 04:54 PM
i like scruffy guys can look hotter than guys who love themselves.

Kronics
24-09-2009, 06:02 PM
I couldn't care less what I look like, but I always look stylish :P

Oleh
25-09-2009, 07:08 AM
I couldnt really care to be honest, slap some gel on my head work it it brush my teeth put clothes on, sorted

Im single, im 15 but to be honest i dont think its a bad thing seeing as nearly all of realtionships within school dont last, ive been eying up this lass though, she looks fit and has been talking to me recently ;)

Homosexual
25-09-2009, 08:15 PM
I don't care about my apperance. At the moment, my hair is long and singed, but I don't care really.

luce
25-09-2009, 08:32 PM
i care more about my clothes then my hair and face but i still care about them i like to wear designer stuff like superdry hollister jack wills etc.

Wyked
25-09-2009, 08:36 PM
As long as i'm presentable i'm fine with it :)

Immenseman
25-09-2009, 08:37 PM
i don't really believe anyone who says they don't care what they look like with regard to physical looks and what they wear etc

Accipiter
25-09-2009, 08:42 PM
i care about my hair... i hate it when i can't get it to lie flat. but im not a try hard i wear what i want.

untrustus
30-09-2009, 09:43 PM
i look rad with no effort

dirrty
30-09-2009, 09:46 PM
i don't really believe anyone who says they don't care what they look like with regard to physical looks and what they wear etc
innit. not many would wake up, put literally whatever on and walk out of the door without the care in the world.

Lost
09-10-2009, 10:41 PM
Yes but if I just woke up and i'm running down to the shop to get something and i look like a mess or whatever I wouldn't really give a **** lol...

-:Undertaker:-
17-10-2009, 06:25 PM
I can't go out with scruffy clothes, I hate it when my hair is windswept/a mess, so yes I do care and if you dont then your a sweaty ming, end of.

Recursion
17-10-2009, 07:46 PM
I care a little bit, As long as I don't look a mess I don't give a toss.

iChaz
18-10-2009, 01:06 AM
yes, I care about my appearance.. a lot
i'm so self concious. I hate it. I have my hand over my face a lot of the time just so people can't see imperfections, when I get compliments I laugh because I think the person's joking and taking the piss when it turns out they're serious.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!