PDA

View Full Version : Fable 3 confirmed :D

Lost_Addict
27-08-2009, 09:17 AM
http://www.lionhead.com/News.aspx?newsid=73

just a little snipet of info on fable 3, due out next christmas hopefully it will be a good 'un

hard to believe its been 2 years since its release :P

Coheed&Cambria
27-08-2009, 11:10 AM
1. Old news
2. It was less than 1 year ago Fable 2 was released..

Jam
27-08-2009, 01:09 PM
Fable II was one of the very few games I've had the patience to complete and so I'd like to think this will be as good, I doubt they can make it better, not much else they can really add.

Lost_Addict
27-08-2009, 02:06 PM
1. Old news
2. It was less than 1 year ago Fable 2 was released..

1. it's not old if noones posted it :P

2. ya sorry i thought it came out 2007 lol

ItsDave
28-08-2009, 12:47 AM
It is pretty old. Its been posted everywhere on youtube. I didn't post it because I gathered everyone watches Inside Gaming on Machinima.

Neil
28-08-2009, 07:33 PM
It was kind of confirmed like around the release of Fable 2, Peter announced Fable 3, 4 and 5 were still to come.

Heinous
30-08-2009, 03:42 AM
Fable 2 was one of the biggest let downs ever.

Scouse
30-08-2009, 03:59 AM
news to me, if it looks any good i may get it.

Neil
30-08-2009, 11:35 AM
Fable 2 was one of the biggest let downs ever.

Fable 2 is an amazing game, probably the best game released last year.

Heinous
30-08-2009, 01:39 PM
Fable 2 is an amazing game, probably the best game released last year.
And this gentlemen, is a fan boy.

It had small amounts of great, but so very poorly pulled off in general, it was a let down.

Oleh
30-08-2009, 01:43 PM
I like the fact your are now the monarch of albion and any action you do affects the whole of albion not just the people around you :) pretty sweet

dabigking
30-08-2009, 02:01 PM
I loved fable 2 one of the best games I have ever played, so I doubt Fable 3 won't satisfy me.

J0SH
30-08-2009, 06:50 PM
Fable 2 was decent, it was fun making your guy fat and getting jobs and such, but I wouldn't say it was the best game released this year as Neil says.

Accipiter
30-08-2009, 06:53 PM
fable 2 was.

1. ****

2. annoying

3. glitchy

4. like playing crash bandicoot on the ps1 having to follow ****** little paths.

and 5. one of the worst storylines i've ever seen.

Dragorn
30-08-2009, 07:41 PM
Loved Fable 2!!, the only thing i can say for them to improve from Fable 2 is making when you die much harder, cuz as soon as you died on fable 2 you resurrect straight away with just a scar.

Lost_Addict
30-08-2009, 10:23 PM
voiveover t shows you good sir know nothing XD

anyway i dont let people build hype i buy a game i see that looks good, and indeed fable 2 was no exception, i personally loved it. but i guess it was one of those love it or hate them games with the minority hating it :P

in responce to voiceover

1. = your opinion
2. = you opinion
3. = very rarely unless you went looking for glitches
4. = thats just childish and shows you knwo little about gaming
5. = once again part opinion part just sort of makes you look like you want to hate fable so = you opinion discounted, but indeed it was short -.-

so unless you can justify saying its crap dont bother :P

Hushie
30-08-2009, 11:03 PM
Yay fable 3.
And the trailer was voiced by zoe wanamaker, Theresa was so the best character from fable 2

Heinous
31-08-2009, 03:28 AM
voiveover t shows you good sir know nothing XD

anyway i dont let people build hype i buy a game i see that looks good, and indeed fable 2 was no exception, i personally loved it. but i guess it was one of those love it or hate them games with the minority hating it :P

in responce to voiceover

1. = your opinion
2. = you opinion
3. = very rarely unless you went looking for glitches
4. = thats just childish and shows you knwo little about gaming
5. = once again part opinion part just sort of makes you look like you want to hate fable so = you opinion discounted, but indeed it was short -.-

so unless you can justify saying its crap dont bother :P
Because your basis of "ITS SO GOOD" is full of merit? Hypocrite.

One of the most condescending and stupid posts I've ever seen. _Looking_ at Fable 2 was most certainly not what made people buy it, it was the hype.

1. Just as is EVERY GOD DAMN REVIEW OF THE GAME: OPINION.

2. See above.

3. Which is still a problem. I played very little of it, and still encountered too many bugs. Let me clarify how many is too many in a game: One. I know that it's near impossible to reduce the bugs to zero, but just shrugging it off as "Its okay if you don't go looking for them" is a cop out. It gives game devs an excuse not to fine tune it.

4. No it isn't? I never really played Crash Bandicoot, but can certainly compare the repetitiveness of Fable 2 to other games. That isn't "childish". And rather the opposite of lack of knowledge about gaming.

5. See 1 & 2. Someones opinion isn't discounted just because they dislike the game. It's usually because of experience they dislike it. Your opinion should be discounted for naively ignoring all the negative, just like a fanboy.

Unless you can give some decent reasons why Fable 2 was one of the best games of the year, that aren't based on review sites (see; opinion), that is taken from actual gameplay, you'll find there's just as many reasons for it to be the opposite.

Yes, Fable 2 had some good parts, but it was poorly executed as if they expected their fanboys to just overlook all the crap; which they did.

Lost_Addict
31-08-2009, 10:07 AM

One of the most condescending and stupid posts I've ever seen. _Looking_ at Fable 2 was most certainly not what made people buy it, it was the hype.

2. See above.

3. Which is still a problem. I played very little of it, and still encountered too many bugs. Let me clarify how many is too many in a game: One. I know that it's near impossible to reduce the bugs to zero, but just shrugging it off as "Its okay if you don't go looking for them" is a cop out. It gives game devs an excuse not to fine tune it.

4. No it isn't? I never really played Crash Bandicoot, but can certainly compare the repetitiveness of Fable 2 to other games. That isn't "childish". And rather the opposite of lack of knowledge about gaming.

5. See 1 & 2. Someones opinion isn't discounted just because they dislike the game. It's usually because of experience they dislike it. Your opinion should be discounted for naively ignoring all the negative, just like a fanboy.

Unless you can give some decent reasons why Fable 2 was one of the best games of the year, that aren't based on review sites (see; opinion), that is taken from actual gameplay, you'll find there's just as many reasons for it to be the opposite.

Yes, Fable 2 had some good parts, but it was poorly executed as if they expected their fanboys to just overlook all the crap; which they did.

Exactly, im so saying its a perfect game im just saying he cant say it is **** just because he feels the need not to like it, it just seems as hes trying to go out of his way to hate it, the only valid reason he makes is because of glitches but every damn game has those. what i was saying is people shouldn't look to the developers hype and peter monolux is one for spreading his big mouth, but i don't listen to the promises just how the game plays which i believe is good.

ElliotNewton
31-08-2009, 02:49 PM
I didn't rate Fable at all!

samsaBEAR
31-08-2009, 07:01 PM
The first time I played Fable 2 i literally could not stop playing, I played for about 6-7 hours straight. It's such a good story, and the achivements are so fun to try and get. I can't wait for Fable 3

grape.
01-09-2009, 11:33 AM
The first time I played Fable 2 i literally could not stop playing, I played for about 6-7 hours straight. It's such a good story, and the achivements are so fun to try and get. I can't wait for Fable 3
same. i loved fable 2, i played it for hours. i've stopped playing it now cus i did almost everything and the knothole island dlc which is a shame. can't wait for fable 3.

Andeeh
03-09-2009, 09:32 AM

2. See above.

well im wondering what game did you have in mind to be better because last year wasnt a great year for gaming in my opinion.

i liked fable 2 the story line was terrific and even when i wasnt doing missions i could just explore and look after the family or go evil the choices in the game are brilliant and what made me enjoy it so much

Inseriousity.
03-09-2009, 09:39 AM
I prefered Fable to Fable 2 as I hate the 'dumbing down' of games where you can follow a path. It's more fun when you have to make your own way there and your own decisions (left or right... hmm?) instead of some gold light taking you to the right places.

I still enjoyed Fable 2 though so I would play Fable 3 as well :)

Heinous
03-09-2009, 09:59 AM
well im wondering what game did you have in mind to be better because last year wasnt a great year for gaming in my opinion.

i liked fable 2 the story line was terrific and even when i wasnt doing missions i could just explore and look after the family or go evil the choices in the game are brilliant and what made me enjoy it so much
360 or gaming in general?

Let's go with gaming in general.

GTA IV
Star Wars Force Unleashed
Smash Bros. Brawl
Need for Speed
Tom Clancy's Vegas 2
Mass Effect
Unreal Tournament 3
GRID
TNA iMPACT
Pokemon Platinum
Rock Band 2
GH World Tour
FIFA 09
Saints Row 2
Far Cry 2
Red Alert 3
Fallout 3
LittleBigPlanet
Gears of War 2
Smackdown vs Raw 2009
WotlK
FM2009

Just because the average quality of games doesn't make it a good game, but most in that list are better.

Neil
03-09-2009, 10:42 AM

2. See above.

And exactly.. What is wrong with it? How was it poorly executed? As far as I know every feature Peter announced was in the game, he didn't promise anymore than what was received, the game was exactly what I was expecting, sure the multiplayer wasn't so good and it wasn't the longest game ever but it was still the best game released last year because it was a perfect extension from the first game, it was fun, there was no "urgh I don't want to do this" moments, it had depth, a lot outside of the main story to do and kept you entertained.

You "played very little" but you comment on repetitiveness, how can you do that? You'd have to play pretty deep into the game before anything starts to feel the same and I seriously fail to see how you spotted "many bugs" in this little amount of gameplay when no one else seemed too, you're just nit picking and being a moron as far as I can tell, if you didn't like the game fair enough but don't go making rubbish up as it makes you look like a moron when there are people on the forum that replayed the whole game multiple times.

samsaBEAR
03-09-2009, 11:30 AM
The only bugs I found annoying were the endless amounts of those little blue bugs. Sure the storyline could've been a couple of hours longer, and maybe a bit more intricate but there's so much else to do outside of the main plot that it makes up for it.

Lost_Addict
03-09-2009, 05:14 PM
[QUOTE=Heinous;6032810]360 or gaming in general?

Let's go with gaming in general.

GTA IV - meant to be good personally i dont like it
Star Wars Force Unleashed -enjoyable then got boring
Smash Bros. Brawl - agreed
Need for Speed - crap lol
Tom Clancy's Vegas 2 - quite good
Mass Effect - agreed
Unreal Tournament 3 - quite good
GRID - ok'ish
TNA iMPACT - crap
Pokemon Platinum - havn't played
Rock Band 2 - Quite enjoyable
GH World Tour - agreed
FIFA 09 - havn't played
Saints Row 2 - havn't played
Far Cry 2 - good game but got so boring and repetitive
Red Alert 3 - good
Fallout 3 - very good XD
LittleBigPlanet - havn't played but heard it was good
Gears of War 2 - very good
Smackdown vs Raw 2009 - goodish but then it gets boring
WotlK - never played
FM2009 - never played
QUOTE]

only a few games are as good as or better than fable 2 i'd say

as good as =
Smash bros. brawl
GH world tour
Im going to say little big planet because ive heard good things

Better than =
GOW2
Fallout 3
GTA4 (if you liked it lol)

so i would say it was in the top 5 games of last year

samsaBEAR
04-09-2009, 01:20 PM
As much as I like Fable 2, GoW 2 was far superior. Obviously you can only compare them to a certain extent, seeing as one's a tactical shooter, the other is an RPG, but the storyline in Gears of War is far richer and deeper than the Fable games. Fable wins for stuff to do after the main story is done tho, on Gears the only thing left to do really is multiplayer.
Plus the boss at the end of Fable 2 (I forget his name) is the biggest anti-climax ever. I shot a level 3 spell at him like 3-4 times, took 5 minutes to do and pow I'm done. Gears 2, my god, took about 20 minutes. It's pretty hard.

Lost_Addict
04-09-2009, 02:07 PM
agreed, but the gears boss hardly took any time to i finished it off in about 4-5 mins XD and this was on insane mode

Andeeh
04-09-2009, 03:06 PM
GoW 2 was shocking i didnt like it as much as the original. i reckon im gonna get fable 3 when it comes out

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!