PDA

View Full Version : Mac > Windows 7

BoomItsClowgon
27-08-2009, 10:47 AM
Would it be a good idea installing Windows 7 on the Macbook? (160GB)

I don't really like the OS on the macs not use to them and i don't really like the
layout of it tbh.

Would it in anyway effect my speeds/performance.. if so would i need to upgrade anything?

and would it be 32bit or 64bt?

Thanks.

Jamesy
27-08-2009, 10:50 AM
Just use bootcamp and set the start up disc to be the windows partition. You shouldn't need to upgrade anything, I have it on my macbook if I ever need windows for something. Runs sweetly.

Oh and I am not sure but I think bootcamp doesn't allow you to install x64.

BoomItsClowgon
27-08-2009, 10:58 AM
Ok thats good, is it easy to install through bootcamp.. Never had a mac so i wouldn't have a clue.

But ye, thanks +REP.

Recursion
27-08-2009, 11:23 AM
You can use either 64bit or 32bit with bootcamp, I ran x64.

emotional
27-08-2009, 11:37 AM
yeah, i think simon dual boots 7 with mac os.

HotelUser
27-08-2009, 02:25 PM
So you paid so much money for your Mac and you're just going to install Windows on it? Why didn't you buy a Windows laptop in the first place:P?

BoomItsClowgon
27-08-2009, 02:45 PM
It was passed down to me as my brother doesn't need it for his job anymore. I wouldn't spend that much on a mac.. you must be joking!

HotelUser
27-08-2009, 02:50 PM
It was passed down to me as my brother doesn't need it for his job anymore. I wouldn't spend that much on a mac.. you must be joking!

Some people like Macs and like OS X. Millions do. So no, I am not joking.

How long have you used OS X? It can be confusing if you don't know what you're doing.

I still think it's incredibly stupid to run just Windows off a Mac:P.

Chippiewill
27-08-2009, 03:20 PM
But it's a good idea to run Hackintosh on a PC, you get the best of both worlds. Cheap hardware and a commercial Unix based OS...

HotelUser
27-08-2009, 03:55 PM
But it's a good idea to run Hackintosh on a PC, you get the best of both worlds. Cheap hardware and a commercial Unix based OS...

Are you seriously complaining about OS X being based off Darwine?

...at least when I complain about Windows Vista I like to think I have actual reasons not to like it:P.

Agnostic Bear
27-08-2009, 04:26 PM

OS X isn't Unix based, it's just compatible :)

N!ck
27-08-2009, 04:45 PM
OS X isn't Unix based, it's just compatible :)

Leopard is Unix based. Previous versions were Unix-like.

BoomItsClowgon
27-08-2009, 05:49 PM
Some people like Macs and like OS X. Millions do. So no, I am not joking.

How long have you used OS X? It can be confusing if you don't know what you're doing.

I still think it's incredibly stupid to run just Windows off a Mac:P.

Haha! :P About 2 Years or so? But that's just been at school like everyone once a month or something..

I just want something like Windows as it's just more easy to sort out technical issues.. whereas OS X is just to bloody complicated for me.. and somethings on OS X isn't compatible compared to windows where everything is.

Like doing stuff like reformatting and system restore.. i probably wouldn't know where to find it. :P

I rather keep to something like Windows as i'm use to it.

HotelUser
27-08-2009, 06:19 PM
Haha! :P About 2 Years or so? But that's just been at school like everyone once a month or something..

I just want something like Windows as it's just more easy to sort out technical issues.. whereas OS X is just to bloody complicated for me.. and somethings on OS X isn't compatible compared to windows where everything is.

Like doing stuff like reformatting and system restore.. i probably wouldn't know where to find it. :P

I rather keep to something like Windows as i'm use to it.

At first it was hard for me too, troubleshooting with a new OS. But I got the hang of it;).

BoomItsClowgon
27-08-2009, 06:30 PM
It's always hard getting used to a new OS...

Some of the things on linux is just complete jargon. With OS X it's just too complicated.. for me anyway and boot mode for a mac is unbelievable... Takes like 5 minutes to get everything up and running.

Technical issues I'll probably have to go on the internet in vain and get the answers to the problems, i can't be bothered with that.

Windows makes everything easy and simple. :)

One of the other reasons i'm getting rid of the OS also, is some of the software on the mac, i really don't need. MS office is a complete JOKE also.

Recursion
27-08-2009, 06:37 PM
I love the fact that when a REAL end user who doesn't know so much about computers (not in a bad way btw) comes in and says they don't like OS X, they want to go back to Windows, they get flamed.

BoomItsClowgon
27-08-2009, 07:15 PM
There's no point using a OS that i'm not good with though is there!

HotelUser
27-08-2009, 07:32 PM
I love the fact that when a REAL end user who doesn't know so much about computers (not in a bad way btw) comes in and says they don't like OS X, they want to go back to Windows, they get flamed.

He's using what he's used to, because for him learning how to use something different isn't worth it. So what;)?

Recursion
27-08-2009, 07:43 PM
He's using what he's used to, because for him learning how to use something different isn't worth it. So what;)?

Isn't most of Apple's marketing strategy trying to convert Windows users?

Agnostic Bear
27-08-2009, 07:52 PM
Leopard is Unix based. Previous versions were Unix-like.

No it's not, they purchased unix certification just so they could say built on unix, it's not, it's unix compatible but still unix like.

N!ck
27-08-2009, 11:53 PM
No it's not, they purchased unix certification just so they could say built on unix, it's not, it's unix compatible but still unix like.

Ok, I was only getting information from here. Correct the article then? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mac_OS_X

HotelUser
28-08-2009, 12:17 AM
Isn't most of Apple's marketing strategy trying to convert Windows users?

I don't know, and I really don't care:P.

What I said still stands.

Recursion
28-08-2009, 12:52 AM
I don't know, and I really don't care:P.

What I said still stands.

Because you know I'm right :P

This is the defensive line :P

HotelUser
28-08-2009, 01:48 AM
Because you know I'm right :P

This is the defensive line :P

Um, no. Apple trying to convert Windows users doesn't really affect that this guy can't be bothered to learn OS X. It's not like OS X is this terrible horrible impossible thing to use. There's Windows users who don't care to learn OS X and there's OS X users who don't care to learn how to use Windows.

Recursion
28-08-2009, 07:52 AM
Um, no. Apple trying to convert Windows users doesn't really affect that this guy can't be bothered to learn OS X. It's not like OS X is this terrible horrible impossible thing to use. There's Windows users who don't care to learn OS X and there's OS X users who don't care to learn how to use Windows.

He tried? He got the OS, he tried to use it and didn't like it, so this is immediatly a bad thing? Wow. Cheap shot there dude

BoomItsClowgon
28-08-2009, 08:03 AM

Spot on.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!