PDA

View Full Version : New Ballard of Gay Tony info and pic!

ItsDave
28-08-2009, 08:11 PM
New letter from Rockstar. A debut trailer is coming out 09.01.09 and heres the pic featured with it.

http://www.uploadpicz.com/images/66gaytoni.jpg (http://www.uploadpicz.com/view-66gaytoni.jpg)

I see a parachute!! :D:D:D:D:D:D Unless I'm mistaken

Neil
28-08-2009, 08:13 PM
Saw that earlier x360a seem to think it's a parachute aswell.

-WooTWooTWooT-
28-08-2009, 08:44 PM
can anyone see a tank? I hope you can see a tank.

Ashley 12344
28-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if they threw in a tank. I'm surprised they haven't anyway. If there was one thing they could sell that'd be very popular I'd say a tank.
Wheres the information?

ItsDave
28-08-2009, 10:40 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if they threw in a tank. I'm surprised they haven't anyway. If there was one thing they could sell that'd be very popular I'd say a tank.
Wheres the information?

Lol, honestly, in the e-mail, the only info is about the date of the debut trailer, nothing else.

Fifteen
28-08-2009, 10:44 PM
Really looking forward to this :D

Simmzay
28-08-2009, 10:58 PM
When I entered this thread I didn't expect it to be about GTA.

ItsDave
28-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Same. I really glad Rockstar did this. They must be making alot of money from this because there game is so popular, and it really is good. I just like the way it all ties in to the original story. Very clever. But yeah, cannot wait for it.

crazed
29-08-2009, 03:32 PM
Really looking forward to this :D
Same ;D

Don't really play GTA IV much though :( Online gets a little boring...

ItsDave
30-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Some pics on ign.co.uk. It has a helicopter with missiles! And a yacht!

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14323867/grand-theft-auto-iv-the-ballad-of-gay-tony/images/grand-theft-auto-iv-the-ballad-of-gay-tony-20090829014246953.html

J0SH
30-08-2009, 04:25 PM
I'll be getting this, but I need to finish TLAD, I only got one achievement for it. :(

Fifteen
30-08-2009, 06:40 PM

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14323867/grand-theft-auto-iv-the-ballad-of-gay-tony/images/grand-theft-auto-iv-the-ballad-of-gay-tony-20090829014246953.html

Love it :eusa_danc
Full on excited now, can't wait!

I'll be getting this, but I need to finish TLAD, I only got one achievement for it. :(

Completed that ages ago, I was sad when it ended, really enjoyed it.

ItsDave
31-08-2009, 07:56 AM
New info, contains minor spoilers but we've already posted them, but like, they're confirmed!

http://uk.xboxlive.ign.com/articles/101/1019731p1.html

Ashley 12344
02-09-2009, 09:08 PM
What people make of the nitrous Turismo? Car modding like in SA hopefully?

ItsDave
02-09-2009, 09:45 PM
Yeah hopefully, like a new Pay'N'Spray garage but better. And finally, you might be able to change the colour of you car, by choosing it, no wasting 15 minutes finding it and hoping to get lucky in the Pay'N'Spray

Fez
02-09-2009, 10:21 PM
It looks a bit gay.

GommeInc
02-09-2009, 11:17 PM
Damn Microsoft stealing Sonys GTA rights and stuff. It's amazing that in this day and age they make exclusive content when money is usually the dividing factor :S

Looks good though.

Simmzay
03-09-2009, 12:58 AM
DLC will be available on standalone disc = instabuy for me.

Jibbish
03-09-2009, 08:49 AM
awww shame its xbox 360 only. would love parachutes in the ps3 version

ItsDave
03-09-2009, 09:11 PM
I think its a shame that the new cars, guns, abilities like shotguns on a bike, the upcoming parachutes and nitrous for cars, cant be carried over into the main game. I would love Niko to be able to do some of that.

Ashley 12344
06-09-2009, 08:35 PM
I think its a shame that the new cars, guns, abilities like shotguns on a bike, the upcoming parachutes and nitrous for cars, cant be carried over into the main game. I would love Niko to be able to do some of that.

Can they actually not? You'd think they'd opt in a way for it to be done, makes absolutly no sense to me. Would be nice using a sawn off on the main story line.

Its a shame with the money as well, TLAD doesn't really give you as much as Niko's story.

Anyway, I'm actually quite looking forward to this. TLAD I nearly didn't buy, and only got it recently but I'm hell glad I did.

Jibbish
06-09-2009, 08:51 PM
i have a question
is these expansion packs like a downloadable game from the xbox market place
or do you run the disc to play

Ashley 12344
06-09-2009, 08:53 PM
i have a question
is these expansion packs like a downloadable game from the xbox market place
or do you run the disc to play

Downloadable, run with the GTA:IV disc.

Jibbish
06-09-2009, 09:16 PM
Downloadable, run with the GTA:IV disc.
so is it like you select an option from nikos phone and it loads up the lost and dammed or is like a load file or something?

Ashley 12344
07-09-2009, 10:01 AM
so is it like you select an option from nikos phone and it loads up the lost and dammed or is like a load file or something?

I don't know to be honest. Ever since I've had TLAD, thats all I've played. I'd think somewhere on the menu you can pick, ie on new game, TLAD new game or GTA new game, I do know you can load between each one. Each save on TLAD says TLAD: then lastm ission completed.

Fifteen
24-10-2009, 09:37 PM
5 Days! Full on excited.

crazed
25-10-2009, 08:12 PM
5 Days! Full on excited.

4 Now right? If I ordered online will it come on the day of release? :D?

kk.
25-10-2009, 08:19 PM
its a download, no?

Black_Apalachi
25-10-2009, 11:50 PM
So is this an expansion to GTA IV, like The Lost & Dammed?

Sounds to me like all the features of San Andreas crammed into some stupid game like Liberty City Stories. Are you all really that excited about it?!

Fifteen
26-10-2009, 12:11 AM
4 Now right? If I ordered online will it come on the day of release? :D?

or you could get yo' 1600 MS points ready :P Not sure if you can pre-order Episodes from Liberty City? (If you want The Lost and The Dammed and The Ballard of Gay Tony on disc)

its a download, no?

Yeah it is.

So is this an expansion to GTA IV, like The Lost & Dammed?

Sounds to me like all the features of San Andreas crammed into some stupid game like Liberty City Stories. Are you all really that excited about it?!

Yeah, it is the second "episode" of GTA IV.

Am well excited now :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Black_Apalachi
26-10-2009, 01:46 AM
so is it on the same scale as GTA IV, not just a side project like L&D or LCS?

Fifteen
26-10-2009, 01:50 AM
so is it on the same scale as GTA IV, not just a side project like L&D or LCS?

It is a "side project" like TL&D.

jacko2244
26-10-2009, 02:01 AM

Thanks for posting them! +REP!

from what i see they look amazing

Black_Apalachi
26-10-2009, 02:04 AM
ah ok, could be good I guess but I'm not getting my hopes up :P

ItsDave
26-10-2009, 10:09 AM
It looks so good. Have you seen the new activites you can on the side to the main missions? Theres drinking competitions, dancing, club patrol. It looks amazing, all the new trailers and stuff. I can't wait for this game now. 1 day till Sky on Xbox, 3 until this. I've had 2100 MP on my xbox since first word of this. Cannot wait.

Ashley 12344
26-10-2009, 10:20 AM
Looking forward to this. For anyone wanting some cheap points, follow this guide.

I saw a guy selling 2100 points info for £1 on eBay, googled it. Hence, I take no credit for this.

2100 points for £7 (only available once).

http://www.overclock.net/xbox/568777-2100-microsoft-points-7-a.html

Apparently, you need the full amount in your bank. It deducts this, then refunds £15 (haven't been able to do this until I get paid).

dbgtz
26-10-2009, 11:32 AM
I'm jelous of this, but then again ps3 get some full games from rockstar.
Still, I wish Sony has financial backing like Microsoft.

Ashley 12344
26-10-2009, 01:29 PM

They do, they could of enterred a bidding war. It was just who wanted the content more.

Black_Apalachi
26-10-2009, 01:39 PM
It looks so good. Have you seen the new activites you can on the side to the main missions? Theres drinking competitions, dancing, club patrol. It looks amazing, all the new trailers and stuff. I can't wait for this game now. 1 day till Sky on Xbox, 3 until this. I've had 2100 MP on my xbox since first word of this. Cannot wait.

I don't like the pointless things they include, like a lot of the stuff on San Andreas, (eating, going to the gym, buying clothes, hair cuts, collecting 3 different types of packages, etc).

Oleh
27-10-2009, 11:32 AM
Just recieved Episodes from liberty city :), Nice beveled case, the map is sexy has a poster on back

NICE ONE! - Dunno wether to play this or Forza

Neil
27-10-2009, 12:06 PM

Like what? LA Noire hasn't been confirmed PS3 exclusive yet.

Oleh
27-10-2009, 12:31 PM
Agent is the only real confirmed PS3 game from Rockstar, LA Noir was implied to be on "next generation CONSOLES" but only confirmed for ps3, only time will tell :)

Neil
29-10-2009, 11:31 AM
Agent is the only real confirmed PS3 game from Rockstar, LA Noir was implied to be on "next generation CONSOLES" but only confirmed for ps3, only time will tell :)

Ah yea, Agent, that one sounds good, I'll probably pick that up when it comes out it it looks any good. :P

Black_Apalachi
30-10-2009, 02:32 PM
Only saw my brother playing this for about 15 minutes last night (online) and it does look amazing. It's basically GTA IV but good (I already thought GTA IV was good but nobody else seemed to think so).

The new stuff I've seen so far is; military helicopters at airport (hopefully these will be there offline), the helicopter's rockets you can just shoot at cars, new weapons, some big military tank vehicle thing and this cool Police Stinger (police car) I saw :D.

grape.
30-10-2009, 02:58 PM
Only saw my brother playing this for about 15 minutes last night (online) and it does look amazing. It's basically GTA IV but good (I already thought GTA IV was good but nobody else seemed to think so).

The new stuff I've seen so far is; military helicopters at airport (hopefully these will be there offline), the helicopter's rockets you can just shoot at cars, new weapons, some big military tank vehicle thing and this cool Police Stinger (police car) I saw :D.
yeah it is amazing. i got it yesterday and i love it. i loved GTA4 from the start anyway (my favourite GTA game - a view obviously not shared by everyone.) TBoGT is GTA4 but with the crazy sort of stuff you got in san andreas. missions like blowing stuff up with sticky bombs, running from gang members in a golf cart, NOOSE tanks, choppers with rockets. brilliant send off for GTA4.

Black_Apalachi
30-10-2009, 03:21 PM
yeah it is amazing. i got it yesterday and i love it. i loved GTA4 from the start anyway (my favourite GTA game - a view obviously not shared by everyone.) TBoGT is GTA4 but with the crazy sort of stuff you got in san andreas. missions like blowing stuff up with sticky bombs, running from gang members in a golf cart, NOOSE tanks, choppers with rockets. brilliant send off for GTA4.

yep exactly :D. can't wait to get the time to actually have a go myself lol. The missions should be good.

dbgtz
30-10-2009, 03:28 PM
Basically what IV should have been? lol.

adaym
30-10-2009, 03:41 PM
lol bitter

Fez
01-11-2009, 12:36 AM

Couldn't sum it up better myself.

I think these episodic releases are better for GTA, giving entirely new perspectives and mixing it up a bit more than it usually does. They should do this with all future releases, and then some.

I think BOGT is one of my favourite GTA experiences ever. Lost and the Damned was better than IV but the Ballad trumps all of that in just six hours.

Oleh
01-11-2009, 01:10 AM
Parachutes, APC's and exploding shotgun shells - Nothing can compare - Unless its alien hovercraft, bigfoot in the woods and a tractor with towing capabilities

Black_Apalachi
01-11-2009, 01:46 AM
I'm liking it so far. Some nice new cars in there as well as everything else. Lovin the 50 seagulls to be found :D.

Ashley 12344
01-11-2009, 11:37 AM
Parachutes, APC's and exploding shotgun shells - Nothing can compare - Unless its alien hovercraft, bigfoot in the woods and a tractor with towing capabilities

Was bigfoot actually in SA?

Definitly going to have this by Saturday. Need £22 in my account to get it, with £15 returned. I'm just not sure how quickly the £15 will be returned, so I'll have to wait.

Think Rockstar left some of these features, such as parachutes and tanks in 100% deliberatly. If there had been no DLC, they probably would've been in from the start. Good business, but a little annoying.

Ashley 12344
01-11-2009, 01:05 PM
Can't edit. Whats the relevance of the Turismo seen in the trailers with flames from exhaust?

Oleh
01-11-2009, 05:21 PM
i dont think he was haha, There is nitro in races

ItsDave
01-11-2009, 07:00 PM
Yeah I'm really liking this. Luff it. Much better than Lost and Damned.

Black_Apalachi
01-11-2009, 09:58 PM
Was bigfoot actually in SA?

The Monster Truck? yeah it was, but is it in BOGT as well??

Ashley 12344
01-11-2009, 10:00 PM
The Monster Truck? yeah it was, but is it in BOGT as well??

Bigfoot a monster truck? The monster truck was a nice touch. It annoys me features not in SA are still not in IV, eg planes.

Black_Apalachi
01-11-2009, 11:34 PM
Bigfoot a monster truck? The monster truck was a nice touch. It annoys me features not in SA are still not in IV, eg planes.

they should tribute GTA III and just have a flightless Dodo somewhere :P

grape.
02-11-2009, 02:32 PM
anyone on here seen the possible GTA5 location hint? it's on the back of the episodes of liberty city manual.

(lower right)
http://media.gtanet.com/images/6379-gta-v-hint.jpg

crazed
02-11-2009, 04:00 PM
anyone on here seen the possible GTA5 location hint? it's on the back of the episodes of liberty city manual.

(lower right)

Huh? And almost completed it :) Only a few achievements left ;D

Judge Judy
02-11-2009, 04:14 PM

no big foot was big foot in SA, as in the yeti - it's hanging round mount chilidad (or what ever its called been a while since I played :P)

might have to get XBOX 360 just for Stories of Liberty City (slight exaggeration, but I do want it on PS3 :( :P)

grape.
02-11-2009, 05:26 PM
Huh? And almost completed it :) Only a few achievements left ;D
you see the little ripped out bit in the bottom right? that's apparently a hint to the location of the next GTA.

Black_Apalachi
02-11-2009, 07:37 PM

(lower right)

Nice find!! :O I can't tell what it could be though.. it just looks like some mountains and a tree? Although the shape of the ripped area reminds me of Australia?

I want them to do a new GTA: London!

grape.
02-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Nice find!! :O I can't tell what it could be though.. it just looks like some mountains and a tree? Although the shape of the ripped area reminds me of Australia?

I want them to do a new GTA: London!
i'm not taking credit for this find, it's posted everywhere on tinternet :P and yeah, i thought it looked like some mountainous area (san andreas - chiliad mountain?) who knows.

crazed
02-11-2009, 08:27 PM
you see the little ripped out bit in the bottom right? that's apparently a hint to the location of the next GTA.

Nooo I get what you ment, just not where it's supposed to be ;P

grape.
02-11-2009, 08:33 PM
Nooo I get what you ment, just not where it's supposed to be ;P
oh rightt :P yeah it doesn't give much, if anything, away.

Simmzay
03-11-2009, 06:55 AM
Eastern Europe would be a good choice.

J0SH
03-11-2009, 11:39 AM
Is this any good? You know in TLAD they changed bike pyhsics and such, what is changed in BOGT? I might buy it for the story line just something to play for a while.

Black_Apalachi
03-11-2009, 01:25 PM
Is this any good? You know in TLAD they changed bike pyhsics and such, what is changed in BOGT? I might buy it for the story line just something to play for a while.

I didn't know that, the bikes still seem **** to me. I just finished TBOGT story last night, some of the missions are pretty fun. After each one there's a short check-list of things you need to do to get 100% on that mission, and you can go back to finish them once you've completed the game.

As for actual new stuff, other than vehicles and weapons, I don't think there's much to talk about. Instead of pigeons there's 50 seagulls. I'm not sure whether these are easier to find or not because you hear them from much further away but then you can be searching for ages in that area before you find it :P.

I preferred how GTA III was in terms of weapons; you unlock better ones as you progress. On this though you can basically buy whatever you want from the beginning which makes missions too easy. I think it's an alright little game though!

Oleh
03-11-2009, 09:00 PM
in BOGT They have changed the crash models of cars, take a stallion, shoot at it with an apc at the bonnet and boot and it will be like a banana :)

Black_Apalachi
03-11-2009, 10:49 PM
in BOGT They have changed the crash models of cars, take a stallion, shoot at it with an apc at the bonnet and boot and it will be like a banana :)

Yeah that's because that gun (I'm guessing you mean the crazy thing with explosive rounds?) wasn't in GTA IV was it :P.

Oleh
04-11-2009, 06:11 PM
yes but if you hit anything it still is improved :P.

ItsDave
04-11-2009, 09:19 PM
Yeah that's because that gun (I'm guessing you mean the crazy thing with explosive rounds?) wasn't in GTA IV was it :P.

That things a cannon, of course it will cause massive damage to the cars.

ItsDave
04-11-2009, 09:21 PM
Has anyone watched till the end of the credits?

It follows Packie walking through the airport doors? New game or DLC? Wait and see.

Black_Apalachi
04-11-2009, 11:06 PM
That things a cannon, of course it will cause massive damage to the cars.

Exactly.

Has anyone watched till the end of the credits?

It follows Packie walking through the airport doors? New game or DLC? Wait and see.

No lol, cba. I was glad you could skip them, I'm sure they used to make you watch them through? That'll lead onto the clue that was posted earlier.

ItsDave
05-11-2009, 12:01 AM
No lol, cba. I was glad you could skip them, I'm sure they used to make you watch them through? That'll lead onto the clue that was posted earlier.

I always watch the credits as a type of respect for the people that the built the game, but yeahm he was in a tazi, got out with a bag, and he walks into the doors, it fades out black, and then shows a small passenger plane taking off into the sunset, presumedly with Packie inside, taking us on our next adventure.

Edit:
Also, according to these two articles, it could take place in San Andreas.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=226311

http://www.totalvideogames.com/GTA-V/news/Episodes-From-Liberty-City-Hints-At-GTA-V-14708.html

According to the first one, I'm getting the feeling that I should be killing all of the seagulls on both episodes for a clearer hint. Im so confused.

Edit... erm, edit:
I just realised, the way that seagull is written, in that font, theres a club or place in Star Junction with that exact name, so Im not searching for no seagulls.

Black_Apalachi
05-11-2009, 01:17 AM

According to the first one, I'm getting the feeling that I should be killing all of the seagulls on both episodes for a clearer hint. Im so confused.

Edit... erm, edit:
I just realised, the way that seagull is written, in that font, theres a club or place in Star Junction with that exact name, so Im not searching for no seagulls.

I was going to say I can't see what you're looking at relating to seagulls??? I've been killing them on TBOGT as I went along. Are there also some on TLAD? I hardly played that one, not a fan of bikes :P.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!