PDA

View Full Version : Oasis split.

Andys
28-08-2009, 10:16 PM
Rumour has it that Oasis have split. Apparently theres a statement from Noel on oasisnet, saying that they have split, but I can't get onto the website atm.

http://www.oasisinet.com/
Great band, saw them live a few months ago :(

On the website his statement reads
"It's with some sadness and great relief to tell you that I quit Oasis tonight. People will write and say what they like, but I simply could not go on working with Liam a day longer.

"Apologies to all the people who bought tickets for the shows in Paris, Konstanz and Milan."
:'(

Recursion
28-08-2009, 10:31 PM
It's on the BBC Website.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8228053.stm

Pyroka
28-08-2009, 10:33 PM
from the website:

A STATEMENT FROM NOEL

28 August 2009
"It's with some sadness and great relief to tell you that I quit Oasis tonight. People will write and say what they like, but I simply could not go on working with Liam a day longer.

"Apologies to all the people who bought tickets for the shows in Paris, Konstanz and Milan."

http://www.oasisinet.com/NewsArticle.aspx?n=773

cocaine
28-08-2009, 10:35 PM
lets hope they dont look back in anger

anyway
good, theyre both ******s

Andys
28-08-2009, 10:39 PM
lets hope they dont look back in anger

anyway
good, theyre both ******s
Liam's a *****, but Noels alright.
Tbh Liam is a **** singer live. Noel is much better.

lBlue
28-08-2009, 10:46 PM
so dey can get 2 coms more often init.

BoomItsClowgon
28-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Solo career maybe?

Never liked Oasis tbh..

Bun
28-08-2009, 11:42 PM
i liked them but this was inevitable, it's a shame really.

J0SH
28-08-2009, 11:49 PM
The only good thing about "Oasis" is the drink.

Cypher-
28-08-2009, 11:53 PM
It's a shame, people can say what they like about their music because everyone has their own tastes but Oasis were a dying breed of rock band that kept to their core fundamental belief's. The only thing near them today is Kings of leon and they have gone a bit wayward music wise since their first 2 or 3 albums, the dribble that is "Sex on fire" is to be laughed at if Im honest for a rock band to be coming out with.

Lets just hope Liam puts his ego away and realises that he doesnt actually have any talent, it is just his rough manc voice that allows him to be in Oasis and that they return sometime in the future!

beth
29-08-2009, 03:30 AM
It's a shame, people can say what they like about their music because everyone has their own tastes but Oasis were a dying breed of rock band that kept to their core fundamental belief's. The only thing near them today is Kings of leon and they have gone a bit wayward music wise since their first 2 or 3 albums, the dribble that is "Sex on fire" is to be laughed at if Im honest for a rock band to be coming out with.

Lets just hope Liam puts his ego away and realises that he doesnt actually have any talent, it is just his rough manc voice that allows him to be in Oasis and that they return sometime in the future!
this post is terrible. "dying breed of rock band"? i hope we're using the word "rock" loosely. kings of leon are far far far superior to oasis, and far more talented.

but in other news; oasis were ****, are **** + will always be ****.

Alba
29-08-2009, 04:31 AM
Best band in the past 15 years, saying otherwise is ludicrous. Didn't deserve to go out like this at all. Seen them 3 times in my lifetime, not enough. I heard they Liam and Noel had a physical fight backstage of the gig.

The Undertaker
29-08-2009, 10:43 AM
Never been a huge fan but its a shame. Was meant to see them at V Fest last Sunday but they pulled out :(

BoomItsClowgon
29-08-2009, 11:07 AM

Well said. :P

J0SH
29-08-2009, 04:22 PM
this post is terrible. "dying breed of rock band"? i hope we're using the word "rock" loosely. kings of leon are far far far superior to oasis, and far more talented.

I agree ;)

Wahey
29-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Best band in the past 15 years, saying otherwise is ludicrous. Didn't deserve to go out like this at all. Seen them 3 times in my lifetime, not enough. I heard they Liam and Noel had a physical fight backstage of the gig.
Hardly the best band in the last 15 years, honest to god.:rolleyes:

lBlue
29-08-2009, 06:42 PM
so dey can get 2 coms more often init.

He concluded by telling fans: "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a family and a football team to indulge. I'll see you somewhere down the road. It's been a ******' pleasure."
Told you.

joshuar
29-08-2009, 07:01 PM
This was the best decision they could have made, now Noel can go on to do something useful like a really good solo album and Liam will notice that he is useless.

As for the best band in recent times? That's debatable, but they certainly perservered but never really evolved as a band, they just got older and grumpier.

Black_Apalachi
30-08-2009, 10:42 AM

I almost -repped that post. How are Oasis and KoL at all similar? :S If you must compare Oasis to someone, you could possibly say Kasabian are similar (which is very expectable anyway).

Never been a huge fan but its a shame. Was meant to see them at V Fest last Sunday but they pulled out :(

OMG if this is true I will feel so sorry to everyone who was there like you. On the bright side you got to see Snow Patrol (and see them do Wonderwall :D).

Oasis are one of my favourite bands of all time. Yes Liam is a ****, yes Noel can be a ****, no they haven't been the best live band in recent years. However anyone my age or a few years either way is lying if they deny they grew up with Oasis. When I try to think back to the first music I remember, it's songs like Roll With It and Don't Look Back in Anger that come to mind. It's fair to say that Oasis are way past their best and their recent music hasn't been much to shout about but they were still a very significant and major part of the UK music scene for just under the last two decades.

Even though some may have judged the book by its cover and only seen Liam and Noel's images, I admire they're attitude of not caring about what anybody thinks and just caring about their music and the fact that they don't make music solely for money, which is a big thing I look for in a band, or any kind of music artist.

On the whole, this could easily be just another one of the Gallaghers' infamous brotherly tiffs (and I hope it is) but if this is in fact the end, I will be as gutted as (if not more than) I was when I was at Glastonbury hearing about Michael Jackson. Of course I may also have to live with the fact I never got to see them live :( - they are in at least the top three next bands I want to see.

Kyle!
30-08-2009, 04:53 PM
Great news! I've always hated Oasis.

Misawa
30-08-2009, 05:27 PM
Completely overrated pop-rock band, with one of the most annoying, useless voices I've ever heard.

Cypher-
30-08-2009, 06:07 PM

How the hell do you figure this one out? Take a closer look at the music scene right now and you'll understand why KOL are successful, theres **** all else out there now, with the exception of muse coming back and even they are pissing about hiding usbs all over the globe in an attempt to further their publicity.

KOL's songs all sound the same, fact.

Alba
31-08-2009, 02:15 PM
Hardly the best band in the last 15 years, honest to god.:rolleyes:
Well you tell me a better band that matches them in popularity, record sales, tour sell-outs, and award winning. :) Whether you like it or not, Oasis have been the best band for the past 15 years, every gig is a sell out (providing it's not in Timbuktu)

Liam says he's continuining the band, interesting. We'll still have Oasis albumns coming out, and get a chance to see what sort of stuff Noel will come out with Solo. (hopefully)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!