PDA

View Full Version : Which COD is Better WAW or MW

VirtualG
29-08-2009, 08:17 AM
What Call Of Duty is better, World at War or Modern Warfare. Also, Do You know if MW2 is going to come out on wii? And why do you think each game is better?

Moved by MattGarner (Forum Manager): Call Of Duty Sub-Forum.

Lost_Addict
29-08-2009, 08:28 AM
MW for everything, gameplay, weapons and maps online i just love MW but i play WAW more purely because of nazi zombies, which is AWSOME!!! :D so there both good in there own ways XD

Oleh
29-08-2009, 09:46 AM
MW for playability, Waw for the sheer fun of spraying with a ppsh into 5 people and destroying them all :)

willman555
29-08-2009, 10:07 AM
well i have played WaW since last year and i still like it but alot of people like MW more but i cant seem to get good at this game so i would say WaW but if any of mates have the games try them out because only you will know which is better for you .
Also i have been on game.co.uk and there no MW2 section for the wii so i dont think it will be coming out but im always wrong :)

Andeeh
29-08-2009, 11:36 AM
mw is a better online play :), but for extras such as nazi zombies waw is great too :)

Remote
29-08-2009, 12:04 PM
Hopefully it will be out on wii, MW2 that is :)

VirtualG
29-08-2009, 01:09 PM
want MW2 to be out on wii for the fact that it looks like an awesome game but I odnt want it to be because of the fact that I will have to go buy the full on set which cost about 700 pounds

Tristan
29-08-2009, 01:45 PM
MW.
Can't wait for MW2.
But all the even number games are made by the better company, don't know the deal there but I know they alternate and CoD 2 was incredible, CoD4 was MW and great and MW2 will be great.

Stitch
29-08-2009, 02:40 PM
I prefer WaW because I like the WW2 setting. CoD2 is my favourite out of all of them.

Favourtism
29-08-2009, 04:30 PM
Just so you know, WaW is COD4 with different maps and skins and a few lines of codes to stop noobtubes in first 5 seconds etc. The physics, everything else is the same lol Treyarch suck monkey ****.

MW2 isn't on Wii. Modern Warfare 1 is coming to wii 11th november instead

VirtualG
30-08-2009, 08:19 AM
I prefer WaW because I like the WW2 setting. CoD2 is my favourite out of all of them.
Yeh, thats why I prefer WaW...

Just so you know, WaW is COD4 with different maps and skins and a few lines of codes to stop noobtubes in first 5 seconds etc. The physics, everything else is the same lol Treyarch suck monkey ****.

Ohh, that sucks... Why wouldn't they just release both?

Josh-H
30-08-2009, 09:09 AM
Modern Warfare is MILES better.

And no, MW2 isn't coming to Wii.

dbgtz
30-08-2009, 11:17 AM
For me I love cod:waw zombies for messing about on there lol.
But mw is a more variety in the story and is better online. Nicer maps in general too.

mw2 will probably own waw though. Hopefully treyarch don't do WWII again unless theres something more interesting within the game.

Also mw2 will probably come to wii in 2 years depending on mw1s reception to it. I would say next year but I assume treyarch are making next years so they'd release that for wii like waw.

Oleh
31-08-2009, 12:13 AM
Hopefully treyarch dont do another major cod again, ubisoft maybe good at it but they are a major company like activision so i doubt they will join forces

PaulMacC
31-08-2009, 02:02 AM
Call of Duty 4 is far superior. They are both great games although World at War has far too many flaws. For example, it has many damage glitches with guns so most of the time you'll see only 2-3 guns being used by everyone. Vehicles are overpowered, maps are way too big, SMG's dominate everything.

ItsDave
31-08-2009, 06:41 AM
MW definatley. In my opinion WaW's maps were terrible online as well as weapons, altogether it just didn't seem to have the same edge or atmosphere, and MW is just plain and simply the better game. There's only one thing I like about WaW and thats the dismembering body parts with grenades and shotguns, that was epic on campaign when you're in that Nazi Operated house (no, not the Reichstag), It's a house, and finding that Double-Barrel Shotgun in the closet and shooting it right into the face of an opposing Nazi, best moment on WaW ever, but MW.. I loved all round. The campaign was epic along with the gameplay.

VirtualG
31-08-2009, 08:41 AM
Modern Warfare is MILES better.

And no, MW2 isn't coming to Wii.
ever? :(

ElliotNewton
31-08-2009, 02:44 PM
Modern warfare without a doubt

nooblah123
01-09-2009, 12:40 AM
I love both of them :)!

VirtualG
03-09-2009, 07:23 AM
I love both of them :)!
Thats what I want to hear. Im probably gonna get MW and WAW on wii and leave it at that. I guess I can use MW because it's "better" butuse WAW because of the great WW2 and Nazi killin bits :)

Jibbish
03-09-2009, 08:59 AM
i like both but modern warfare has edges it for me

samsaBEAR
03-09-2009, 11:34 AM

This is ridiculous. Why do Treyarch suddenly 'suck monkey ****' because it's the same as MW? MW had a very good engine, so why would Treyarch not use it? If it was completely different to MW everyone would have ******* and moaned, so instead they built upon the original.
WaW is probably my favourite. I'm not a huge fan of WW2 set games but WaW is completely different to other games in that type. Nazi Zombies is just a very welcome add on.

Ontario
03-09-2009, 11:46 AM
MW by far!
WAW sucked so bad. Treyarch took a risk of going back to WWII and it was definitely a stupid move. Even Cod3 was better than WAW

dbgtz
03-09-2009, 12:27 PM
Ye but they didnt improve at all with it really, compared to mw2. Ignoring nazi zombies, online is basically the same with different skins and stuff as said before. The only major in game improvement with the bodies and being able to blow off parts.

Fez
03-09-2009, 01:28 PM
Even Cod3 was better than WAW

http://www.opaquelucidity.com/facepalm.jpg

Ye but they didnt improve at all with it really, compared to mw2. Ignoring nazi zombies, online is basically the same with different skins and stuff as said before. The only major in game improvement with the bodies and being able to blow off parts.

What needs improving? I actually saw an improvement in the shotgun department online, they're not just different skins. Treyarch took the time to record all the new sound effects, make all the new maps and I'm more than sure they weren't actually handed COD4 and remade it all.

They worked on COD:WAW before COD4 came out, more than likely COD4 came out just as they finished up the designing process. They then had time to improve the engine, learn its capabilities and if they had just 'reskinned' the COD4 weapons then someone would have notice. A quick look at the CODwiki tells me that every single weapon in WAW was made from scratch.

I honestly don't see people's gripe with the game, other than it's not as good as COD4. But now I guess nothing is as good as COD4

Stitch
03-09-2009, 02:07 PM
http://www.opaquelucidity.com/facepalm.jpg

lmao :P

I don't understand why so many people don't like it. I understand liking MW better but some people just absolutely hate this game. I don't think WW2 was a stupid move because a lot of people (like me) actually prefer WW2 games.

Fez
03-09-2009, 02:21 PM
I don't think WW2 was a stupid move because a lot of people (like me) actually prefer WW2 games.

I can see why people prefer COD4, it's more 'in tune' to modern affairs and it's also showing the technology we have today. Plus, let's face it, the guns are a lot cooler and the multiplayer is a bit more fun. Although I'd argue that the cold steel and brass gleams of the WWII guns are much better, you can't beat the sound of the double-barrelled shotgun or a Thomspon rifle.

I prefer WWII because it's got more grit and edge, for me anyway, and has a sense of epicness about being a lone soldier in one army, fighting for what is right in the worst war of mankind.

Ontario
03-09-2009, 03:57 PM
Before MW came out and the game was just showing trailers. I was on forums checking out what people thought for a "Modern Call of Duty". Some American guy had a thread about how he had so longed to be able to kill some "Terrorists" and finally get his revenge on some "rag heads" then no end of people were writing how they agreed and how killing Nazis had got boring.

As stupid and racist as it was this guy had a point the Modern Warfare brought a new enemy and was in relation to what was being broadcast in the media with the war in Iraq and Afgahistan.

Now being British i have always had a satisfaction with sticking it to the Nazis in games and as stupid as it sound i felt like i was doing my part for good old England!
But playing MW was a lot like what i was seeing on the media and then when your killing some of the same enemies in a game that are being fought by your nations forces i can imagine that people (Patriotic Americans in particular) are going to get the same feeling that i would get when i killed the Nazis in Medal of Honer or early Cod games.

Now you may not agree but this is my opinion.

(javascript: leoHighlightsIFrameClose();)

dbgtz
03-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Im not saying cod:waw is awful I am just saying its pretty much mw with things slightly changed to suit the time. I do like it but I'm just saying what I think it pretty much is.

Wow both my fish are pooping while I typed this.

Fez
03-09-2009, 06:09 PM
Im not saying cod:waw is awful I am just saying its pretty much mw with things slightly changed to suit the time. I do like it but I'm just saying what I think it pretty much is.

Wow both my fish are pooping while I typed this.

Offtopic: Nice to know that your fish excrete...

It's not 'pretty much mw with things slightly changed', Treyarch began development before COD4. Everything was built from the ground up, even the COD4 engine was bonded with other bits and pieces of code. Once COD4 came out, Treyarch actually removed the English campaign from the game and went into overdrive. With new expectations that they themselves didn't expect, they tried to raise the bar further but in the end, going back to WWII wasn't good enough for COD4 lovers.

dbgtz
03-09-2009, 06:29 PM
On that note I bet when mw series sucks or goes, it'll be the downfall of the cod series.

I give treyarch credit on nazi zombies + a better menu but that's it really. Oh and body dismemberment (I think thats the right word :P). I reckon they would have been better with no tanks in mp.
I think in terms of story waw was just shoot to kill whereas mw was very different. You could go stealth, all in, stay back and shoot. Imo it had alot more variety then waw.

samsaBEAR
04-09-2009, 01:16 PM
On that note I bet when mw series sucks or goes, it'll be the downfall of the cod series.

I give treyarch credit on nazi zombies + a better menu but that's it really. Oh and body dismemberment (I think thats the right word :P). I reckon they would have been better with no tanks in mp.
I think in terms of story waw was just shoot to kill whereas mw was very different. You could go stealth, all in, stay back and shoot. Imo it had alot more variety then waw.
Not sure I agree with this tbh. In my experiences in playing both, it's the other way around. MW players seem to go straight in, spray a clip into a room/area and hope for the best, whereas I've noticed in WaW theres tons more sniping and a lot more stealthier play. A lot of the maps on MW seem to be set up so that only one type of weapon was the correct choice for that map, whereas WaW seems to offer a lot more balance

dbgtz
04-09-2009, 02:31 PM
I was actually referring to the story. And honestly, in my experience at least half of the people would use mp40s in waw.

Ontario
04-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Not sure I agree with this tbh. In my experiences in playing both, it's the other way around. MW players seem to go straight in, spray a clip into a room/area and hope for the best, whereas I've noticed in WaW theres tons more sniping and a lot more stealthier play. A lot of the maps on MW seem to be set up so that only one type of weapon was the correct choice for that map, whereas WaW seems to offer a lot more balance

TBH MW is based on modern weapons and different tactic apply for the new weapons and in modern day warfare troops clear each room with a frag and then go in and spray (and hope for the best). But alot of WWII tactics were more about take the enemy (preferably by surprise) and hoping that you got them before they could call for back up. The weapons in WWII were louder obviously so yeah stealthy tactics would apply in real life but as for WAW and MW compared you can't compare then tbh because different weapons mean different tactics.

VirtualG
08-09-2009, 09:52 PM
I think it will come out that MW has better weapons and maps but WaW has a better story line and tactics...

PaulMacC
08-09-2009, 10:41 PM
I think it will come out that MW has better weapons and maps but WaW has a better story line and tactics...
You cant be serious lol?
All the tactics in CoD4 can be implimented into WaW, it's the same game with a different skin.
As for the story, CoD4 beats WaW by far. Believe me I've played both about 2-3 times each on Veteran and CoD4's is so much better.

By the way if you guys didn't know the reason I have such a strong grudge against WaW is because of the MP40. It has a damage glitch in which each bullet delivers 40 damage no matter where fired from, every other SMG delivers 20-30 damage. This means you can go down in 2 shots across the map with a headshot and 3 shots anywhere else. This is so unfair as every other SMG takes 5-6 bullets to kill while MP40 takes 2-3. Double Tap/Juggernaut on it is ridiculous. I've been playing WaW lately and Im going for a high KDR, I've got it up 0.11 in 3-4 hours of playtime, not too bad. I try to use Rifles and Bolt Actions just because they are more challenging. MP40 and all smg's are overpowered in WaW just for the fact the have Dual Magazines.

Favourtism
17-09-2009, 08:19 PM
I've been playing COD4 for the last 2 years. I bought WAW for the forth time today, after seeing Paul combating the ****** 40's on youtube (pre-owned so ****** treyarch dont get my cash), and I've switched it off already. The only time I got a ratio in a game above 3-1 was when I used the mp40 (stopping power, I refuse to stoop to the jugger level).

In COD4, there's much more gun variety. Many people do use M16's but no where near as much as mp40s and there are guns that can easily beat it. IW can balance, Treyarch can't.

The only enjoyment WaW brings me is zombies. Everything else is a dark skinned cod4 (not racist, I mean dark as in maps etc) with unbalanced weapons.

Black_Apalachi
19-09-2009, 02:34 AM
MW is the only one I've played and only started recently. I think we had WAW but I never played it (I don't pay attention to what games we have these days lol and I rarely play them any more anyway).

I think MW is really good though and easy to get into for someone like me who is no longer anything like a hardcore gamer and just wants to play it causally now and again. Even online I get a good few kills whereas most other games I try online, I just get absolutely demolished :P.

My brother is getting MW2 when it comes out so I'm looking forward to that ;).

Jahova
19-09-2009, 07:52 AM
Well, both games are excellent. But I think the Treyarch upgrades to the engine in WaW did benefit the game. Either how, I'm still really good at both games, same controls and experience of both games is a win for me.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!