PDA

View Full Version : Changing mobile numbers?

Fifteen
30-08-2009, 06:17 PM
I currently have a Vodafone simcard and I am getting the Google G1 Android on contract with T-Mobile, would I be able to get my T-mobile mobile number changed to the Vodafone mobile number?

+Rep for all help

xo

x-glow
30-08-2009, 06:37 PM
Yep just phonee t-mobile up and tell them that you want it switching, I think u need the IM off the other phone and wala. Ive done it with my phone but it took them 3 days :|

Fifteen
30-08-2009, 06:51 PM
Yep just phonee t-mobile up and tell them that you want it switching, I think u need the IM off the other phone and wala. Ive done it with my phone but it took them 3 days :|

Okay, thank you for the help :) +rep

Where/how do I find out the IM?

Irrorate
30-08-2009, 06:56 PM
You'll probably need the Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) from Vodafone and you'll need to provide that to t-mobile. The process usually takes 24-72 hours.

Jordy
30-08-2009, 07:40 PM
You'll probably need the Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) from Vodafone and you'll need to provide that to t-mobile. The process usually takes 24-72 hours.Can take much longer to do everything though. You'll need to ring Vodafone and it can takes weeks for them to send it you, and it's likely they'll ring you up with special offers begging for you to stay. You then have to deal with T-Mobile, and bare in mind all contracts don't offer the ability to port an old number to it.

Although it saves having to tell everyone your new number, it seems just as much hassle to transfer your PAC Code.

Recursion
30-08-2009, 08:10 PM
As said, request the PAC code from Vodafone, then ring T-Mobile and explain to them you have the PAC code etc.

Also, OT, but why the G1? The Hero (G2) is far better!

Fifteen
30-08-2009, 08:33 PM
You'll probably need the Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) from Vodafone and you'll need to provide that to t-mobile. The process usually takes 24-72 hours.

Can take much longer to do everything though. You'll need to ring Vodafone and it can takes weeks for them to send it you, and it's likely they'll ring you up with special offers begging for you to stay. You then have to deal with T-Mobile, and bare in mind all contracts don't offer the ability to port an old number to it.

Although it saves having to tell everyone your new number, it seems just as much hassle to transfer your PAC Code.

As said, request the PAC code from Vodafone, then ring T-Mobile and explain to them you have the PAC code etc.

Also, OT, but why the G1? The Hero (G2) is far better!

Thanks everyone +reps :)

The G2 spec is so much better however I am not a touchscreen fan :( I'd prefer using the QWERTY keyboard on the G1.

Sunny.
01-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Request PAC code from vodafone, ring T-mobile and give them the code.
It depends on the network I remember o2 to orange only caused an 12 hour downtime.
and was done within 3 working days.

Its just funny when you ring to ask for a PAC code, they give you all these deals and really persuade you to stay :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!