PDA

View Full Version : Halo ODST

lBlue
31-08-2009, 07:34 PM
Anyone downloading this tonight? Some guy got a copy and is uploading right now. Anyone want a game tomorrow? :)

Misawa
31-08-2009, 08:03 PM
I'd rather bury my head in quicksand than play the most overrated video game franchise in history. Thanks though.

Jackk
31-08-2009, 08:05 PM
I'd rather bury my head in quicksand than play the most overrated video game franchise in history. Thanks though.

go bury your head then and stop posting just for the sake of it.

Fez
31-08-2009, 08:38 PM
3 hour campaign, one extra co-op mode?

No thanks.

Oh and all the past DLC for Halo 3 multiplayer? Lazy Bungie, lazy.

CJW93
31-08-2009, 08:49 PM
Where can I get this?

Fez
31-08-2009, 09:00 PM
Oh and before I get flamed, yes I know there are new maps, but look at how frequent the COD:WAW Map Packs came out. Surely it doesn't take that long to make 3 new maps.

Microsoft is just going to milk you for all you've got, if you're going to pirate it then you've done a service to humanity. Not paying for another hashy game.

That being said, Halo 3 multiplayer is quite fun, and if you didn't buy Halo 3 (odd, considering it sold a bajillion copies), then this would be the game for you. I'd go as far to say that this is Halo 3 multiplayer, but with a little campaign, all the DLC and a few new maps.

Oleh
31-08-2009, 09:03 PM
I dont know if you guys realise this but if you connect to live whilst playing, you will get banned, unless you live in france that is

dbgtz
31-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Oh and before I get flamed, yes I know there are new maps, but look at how frequent the COD:WAW Map Packs came out. Surely it doesn't take that long to make 3 new maps.

Microsoft is just going to milk you for all you've got, if you're going to pirate it then you've done a service to humanity. Not paying for another hashy game.

That being said, Halo 3 multiplayer is quite fun, and if you didn't buy Halo 3 (odd, considering it sold a bajillion copies), then this would be the game for you. I'd go as far to say that this is Halo 3 multiplayer, but with a little campaign, all the DLC and a few new maps.

Init with cod:waw
The maps are lame anyway. Most of it is stuff from previous maps or campaign, THAT SAME TRUCK IS EVERYWHERE! They only focus on zombies. COD4s still beat all of waw maps put together lol.

Anyway no I'm not getting it, I agree with the guy higher up that it is really overrated. This isnt posting pointlessly as Im replying wether I am getting it or not so :)

lBlue
31-08-2009, 09:29 PM
I dont know if you guys realise this but if you connect to live whilst playing, you will get banned, unless you live in france that is
pmsl you wont. It's region free.

CJW93
31-08-2009, 09:32 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/08/28/halo-3-odst-on-sale-early-in-france-ms-responds/

Jam
I'l give you a game in 23 days time. Halo is the best shooter, sure H3 campaign was somewhat of a let-down, but I enjoyed the H2 campaign, even the buggy PC version.

Oleh
:| pmsl for your stupidity, it was leaked in france and microsoft will probably check the ips and ban who arn't in france - FOol

dbgtz
31-08-2009, 10:10 PM
I'l give you a game in 23 days time. Halo is the best shooter, sure H3 campaign was somewhat of a let-down, but I enjoyed the H2 campaign, even the buggy PC version.

Its nowhere near best shooter. The guns themselves are lame, you cant do the other aim and the guns stay still? The story is lame in Halo 3. In all fairness I havnt played 1+2 so it might be I need to play those to like it.

mw2 will be best shooter.

Fez
31-08-2009, 11:05 PM
Halo 2's campaign was awesome, in my opinion anyway.

Init with cod:waw
The maps are lame anyway. Most of it is stuff from previous maps or campaign, THAT SAME TRUCK IS EVERYWHERE! They only focus on zombies. COD4s still beat all of waw maps put together lol.

I liked Map Pack 1, and all the zombie maps. But they're really overpriced. Even the COD4 map pack came out like 4 months after release (amirite?), it can't be that hard for Bungie to make just 3 new maps for ODST.

Lost_Addict
31-08-2009, 11:27 PM
i like halo purely for the online its much more a social online expirience where you can just play and hang out with some mates, story rise i didnt play 2 so i sort of missed a chunk out rofl XD

but MW2 and L4D2 will both beat this in the shooters cat,

and WAW zombies is great fun lol :D

Fez
31-08-2009, 11:33 PM
but MW2 and L4D2 will both beat this in the shooters cat,

and WAW zombies is great fun lol :D

Amen brother.

dbgtz
31-08-2009, 11:33 PM
I love zombies, hate the maps. It should be that hard for any developers who have been making fps for a long time to make some decent maps.
Then again treyarch pretty much steal most of waw basis from cod4. lol

Fez
31-08-2009, 11:52 PM
I love zombies, hate the maps. It should be that hard for any developers who have been making fps for a long time to make some decent maps.

Actually if my memory is correct, Treyarch paid n-Space and Amaze Entertainment (a small dev studio) to make a few maps for Map Pack 1 and 2, and some for the core game. These are the same guys who handled the DS versions of past Call of Duties. That's not much experience. Their last big title was Star Was The Force Unleashed for the PSP.

I don't see how Treyarch stole the WaW basis. They took the COD4 engine, improved it, fitted it to World War 2 and still gave us a satisfying game.

samsaBEAR
01-09-2009, 12:00 AM
I'll probably pick it up when it gets cheaper, I'm not a huge fan of Halo but I've always found the games fun when I fancy something different to Gears of War. Incidentally, the Firefight mode, blatent rip off of Horde from GoW

Neil
01-09-2009, 02:04 AM

How is it stealing? They work together obviously so every year another CoD game is released, if you don't like it don't play it, saves space for someone who wants to have fun for once, there is no point in making a whole new engine for a game when they have a perfectly good one that already works, they're the exact same freaking game so I can't see the problem personally, MW2 uses the same engine, gonna complain that IW aren't "improving properly" no of course not because like most people you shoot Treyarch down without thinking.

Jam
01-09-2009, 04:19 AM
Anyone want to do the entire 4 player co-op campaign on release day?

lBlue
01-09-2009, 08:04 AM
:| pmsl for your stupidity, it was leaked in france and microsoft will probably check the ips and ban who arn't in france - FOol
Ever heard of importing? A bit like why they can't ban people for playing Ghostbusters.

Alba
01-09-2009, 08:16 PM
Exactly. I'm hopefully going to get my copy of ODST about tommorow. Of course, i'm not going to play it without knowing its 100% a retail copy, because if its not, THATS what will get me banned.

I want it mostly for the Halo 3 maps tbh.

lBlue
01-09-2009, 10:48 PM
The guy ain't uploading part 67 because he's pissing around. Will need to see what happens.

Oleh
02-09-2009, 12:19 AM
Ever heard of importing? A bit like why they can't ban people for playing Ghostbusters.

I obviously think you are the most idiotic person on these forums , your trying to be all smart when in fact a 2 posts before the one you replied to gives you hard evidence that they are banning outside of france -Rep for stupidity

lBlue
02-09-2009, 04:26 AM
The guy ain't uploading part 67 because he's pissing around. Will need to see what happens.
It's now been leaked.

I obviously think you are the most idiotic person on these forums , your trying to be all smart when in fact a 2 posts before the one you replied to gives you hard evidence that they are banning outside of france -Rep for stupidity
May I ask what you know apart from M$ scare mongering tactics?

"WE'LL BAN THOSE WHO PLAY GEARS 2 EARLY" - No ban
"WE'LL BAN THOSE WHO PLAY HALO WARS EARLY" - No ban
"WE'LL BAN THOSE WHO PLAY FABLE II EARLY" - No ban

It's scare mongering and people like you accept it like it's one of the pissing ten commandments. Odd how the people who have the flashed xboxs know how to avoid bans however people without 'em believe you'll be banned asap.

Alba
02-09-2009, 03:26 PM
I think your the idiot here. It's nothing to do with not living in France. The game hasn't got any stealth on it, thats why it'll get people banned.. if theres an banwave soon. You don't just get banned for playing games, you get banned if it's not a good rip, or if theres something wrong with the game CRC.

I played GOW2, Fallout 3 and Fable 2, WEEKS before they came out, and i've survived. Your talking utter tripe, your nationality doesn't get you banned, LOL!

lBlue
02-09-2009, 03:51 PM
Not playing it.

Alba
02-09-2009, 03:58 PM
Not playing it.
Yeh, it seems very dodgy. I didn't really want it anyway, it's in French, i only really want it for the Halo 3 maps. :d

Oleh
02-09-2009, 04:03 PM
I think your the idiot here. It's nothing to do with not living in France. The game hasn't got any stealth on it, thats why it'll get people banned.. if theres an banwave soon. You don't just get banned for playing games, you get banned if it's not a good rip, or if theres something wrong with the game CRC.

I played GOW2, Fallout 3 and Fable 2, WEEKS before they came out, and i've survived. Your talking utter tripe, your nationality doesn't get you banned, LOL!

another foolish sentence, of course you wont get banned for playing them 3 games because they were leaked in the us and uk, this is france based and is a major xbox title unlike them 3 - of course you get banned for a bad kreon rip and if it isnt stealth patched, the thing is though if you cared to stop being a div a realise, a stealth patch has been out for a while

Jordy
02-09-2009, 04:12 PM

I played GOW2, Fallout 3 and Fable 2, WEEKS before they came out, and i've survived. Your talking utter tripe, your nationality doesn't get you banned, LOL!Actually it does, he's talking sense. In France the game was leaked a few days ago by a retailer and Microsoft obviously aren't going to ban innocent customers so that's why if you live in France you'll definitely get away with playing Halo ODST early.

It seems a bit of a grey-area elsewhere though.

Alba
02-09-2009, 04:38 PM
another foolish sentence, of course you wont get banned for playing them 3 games because they were leaked in the us and uk, this is france based and is a major xbox title unlike them 3 - of course you get banned for a bad kreon rip and if it isnt stealth patched, the thing is though if you cared to stop being a div a realise, a stealth patch has been out for a while
I'm not even going to reply to you, your post is completely false, and what your saying is incredibly sketchy, as if you don't have a clue. Don't post until your a little more educated in this market.

Actually it does, he's talking sense. In France the game was leaked a few days ago by a retailer and Microsoft obviously aren't going to ban innocent customers so that's why if you live in France you'll definitely get away with playing Halo ODST early.

It seems a bit of a grey-area elsewhere though.
Even if it was out if it leaked in Austrailia, i still wouldn't get banned for playing it on a UK console. Honestly.

If a guy in France downloaded the copy thats out right now (which is French) he would be banned in the next banwave. People getting banned is NOTHING to do with were you live, at all.

Fez
02-09-2009, 05:23 PM
major xbox title unlike them 3 - of course you get banned

Gears of War 2 wasn't a major Xbox title?

lBlue
02-09-2009, 05:26 PM
Deary me. Stop now. I believe three people with modded 360's know more than a lad who follows M$ scare mongering tactics.

So M$ don't care about Fable or GOW? lol.

Lost_Addict
02-09-2009, 05:35 PM
I was about to say GOW2 Fab;e2 and Fallout 3 not major titles ***? lol i think you can get banned for downloading hooky copies but not for a non region specific game. if the actual retail game was sold in france then someone in the uk bought it of them you cannot get banned for that. downloading however im not to clue'd up on.

lBlue
02-09-2009, 05:38 PM
I was about to say GOW2 Fab;e2 and Fallout 3 not major titles ***? lol i think you can get banned for downloading hooky copies but not for a non region specific game. if the actual retail game was sold in france then someone in the uk bought it of them you cannot get banned for that. downloading however im not to clue'd up on.
I ain't downloading it because part 67 is supposed to be padded. And it's French with English subs. I'll wait.

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/3981/64540221.png

J0SH
04-09-2009, 05:03 AM
I hope you lot enjoy perma-bans.

This is a re-tweet from majorNelson

Be careful folks! RT @Stepto (http://twitter.com/Stepto) Hrm. I spy with my little eye some *illegitimate* ODST players. No early play for you. Commencing permabans. about 11 hours ago (http://twitter.com/majornelson/status/3738645280) from TweetDeck (http://www.tweetdeck.com/)

lBlue
04-09-2009, 07:48 AM

Be careful folks! RT @Stepto (http://twitter.com/Stepto) Hrm. I spy with my little eye some *illegitimate* ODST players. No early play for you. Commencing permabans. about 11 hours ago (http://twitter.com/majornelson/status/3738645280) from TweetDeck (http://www.tweetdeck.com/)
Yer that was going to happen considering 67 was ****** up. Everyone knew that they would get banned but at the end of the day, you buy three normal xbox games for what £120? We can get a new xbox for that.

However I didn't play it, Robbie did because he was getting banned anyway. Will be interesting how many slip through the net.

Jordy
04-09-2009, 11:38 AM

Be careful folks! RT @Stepto (http://twitter.com/Stepto) Hrm. I spy with my little eye some *illegitimate* ODST players. No early play for you. Commencing permabans. about 11 hours ago (http://twitter.com/majornelson/status/3738645280) from TweetDeck (http://www.tweetdeck.com/)Indeed, here's a full on news report about it:
http://kotaku.com/5352066/microsoft-starts-banning-odst-pirates-not-players

lBlue
04-09-2009, 11:39 AM
Got my Guitar Hero 5 to keep me happy until a decent download comes out. :)

Maczorx
06-09-2009, 04:10 AM
I just got finished playing the full campaign on normal, it's well over 5 hours. Firefight is also great, the endings ******ed though and has another one of Halos intense driving parts like in the third.

Simmzay
06-09-2009, 08:23 AM
Are there any levels similar to Cortana from Halo 3?

lBlue
06-09-2009, 10:30 AM
I just got finished playing the full campaign on normal, it's well over 5 hours. Firefight is also great, the endings ******ed though and has another one of Halos intense driving parts like in the third.
For a fact I can tell you're lying. Every person on 360iso who downloaded it says it's really short. Around 2/3 hours. So hush. :rolleyes:

samsaBEAR
06-09-2009, 10:31 AM
For a fact I can tell you're lying. Every person on 360iso who downloaded it says it's really short. Around 2/3 hours. So hush. :rolleyes:
he might be really bad and kept dieing all the time, thus pushing the hours up

lBlue
06-09-2009, 10:49 AM
he might be really bad and kept dieing all the time, thus pushing the hours up
Which means it's not a accurate answer? :P

Anyway yeah, legendary I think takes around 3/4. Pretty sure normal was around 2/3.

Simmzay
06-09-2009, 10:54 AM
2-3 hours would be like 7-8 for me so it's all good.

GoldenMerc
06-09-2009, 11:38 AM
I will have it tomorrow (:

J0SH
06-09-2009, 11:51 AM
I will have it tomorrow (:

Did you not read the thread? They're dishing out perma-bans so go ahead ;)

Robbie
06-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Did you not read the thread? They're dishing out perma-bans so go ahead ;)

It's his offline Xbox.

CJW93
06-09-2009, 12:12 PM
I want an offline xbox :(

J0SH
06-09-2009, 12:17 PM
It's his offline Xbox.

Are you sure? Ross is really tight with money, he wouldn't buy a second Xbox just to get games for a few quid ;)

samsaBEAR
06-09-2009, 01:11 PM
Which means it's not a accurate answer? :P

Anyway yeah, legendary I think takes around 3/4. Pretty sure normal was around 2/3.
that's what i was getting at

GoldenMerc
06-09-2009, 03:59 PM
I have one xbox upstairs thats connected to live (which isnt flashed) and one downstairs which is flashed (:

Alba
07-09-2009, 12:44 AM
Microsoft haven't even announced anything official about these bans. And their not getting banned because their playing Halo: ODST either. People that have played this game, or any other game with no stealth/missing parts will get banned in the next ban wave, not just the Halo players.

J0SH
07-09-2009, 03:30 AM
Microsoft haven't even announced anything official about these bans. And their not getting banned because their playing Halo: ODST either. People that have played this game, or any other game with no stealth/missing parts will get banned in the next ban wave, not just the Halo players.

If you read the thread they have on Twitter, they said there's commencing perma-bans as we speak ;)

Alba
07-09-2009, 09:51 AM
If you read the thread they have on Twitter, they said there's commencing perma-bans as we speak ;)
I've read it, and it's the exact same stuff that they said since last year, when all the major titles got leaked. This time they CAN ban them though, because the game isn't properly stealthed, and theres all sorts of files missing. It's nothing to do with 'oh thats a leaked game, ur banned!' far from it.

J0SH
07-09-2009, 09:55 AM
What're you on about, that was last year, this is this year..

They have already said they're going to ban people who are playing it before it's released so yeah, I don't think they'll just say that for the sake of it because people will still play it offline..

Alba
07-09-2009, 10:03 AM

They have already said they're going to ban people who are playing it before it's released so yeah, I don't think they'll just say that for the sake of it because people will still play it offline..
It's scare mongering. They can only ban people who have played this game because the game rar, and stealth within the game is so donald ducked. They couldn't ban people for playing GOW2, Fallout 3, Fable 2 last year because they were official retail copies that were uploaded to the net, with a good stealth patch. Halo: ODST isn't

Lesson number one of being an Xbox owner. Microsoft Lie. Even people who play this game online will get banned, so it makes no difference what they do. It's a rubbish game i heard, a guy on another site i frequent says he completed the game within 2 hours.

J0SH
07-09-2009, 10:07 AM
Yes but Halo ODST was leaked in France, so if you're not located in France you're getting a ban basically.

Alba
07-09-2009, 10:14 AM
Yes but Halo ODST was leaked in France, so if you're not located in France you're getting a ban basically.
No.. GOW2, Fallout 3 and the rest of last years big games were all leaked in America. And i live in Scotland, what does that tell you? Infact i had the game Lost Odyseey for Xbox 360 when it was released in JAPAN, and had a 2 week wait until it arrived in the UK!

I could've went on Holiday to France, got lucky, and bought Halo: ODST. I come back the next day, play it, then get banned a month later. Wheres the justice? It's a PAL game, and i have a PAL system, you cannot get banned at all for playing a game just because its a foreign copy.

I've had my Xbox flashed for years man, never, ever been banned. I have a feeling that a fishy copy of COD (no pun, honest!) is going to come out this year though.. i might actually buy it this year.

J0SH
07-09-2009, 10:29 AM
Again, you're bringing up events of last year.

This is this year, not last year. Obviously Microsoft's staff have changed, improved their systems have got better at detecting discs etc.

Alba
07-09-2009, 10:49 AM
>.>

You need to get more educated on this subject, before you go around saying stuff. That is all. You have went back on everything you've said.

J0SH
07-09-2009, 11:28 AM
What're you on about? You're the one assuming no one is going to get perm banned, they're just saying it for the sake of it aren't they? :S

CJW93
07-09-2009, 11:40 AM
No.. GOW2, Fallout 3 and the rest of last years big games were all leaked in America. And i live in Scotland, what does that tell you? Infact i had the game Lost Odyseey for Xbox 360 when it was released in JAPAN, and had a 2 week wait until it arrived in the UK!

I could've went on Holiday to France, got lucky, and bought Halo: ODST. I come back the next day, play it, then get banned a month later. Wheres the justice? It's a PAL game, and i have a PAL system, you cannot get banned at all for playing a game just because its a foreign copy.

I've had my Xbox flashed for years man, never, ever been banned. I have a feeling that a fishy copy of COD (no pun, honest!) is going to come out this year though.. i might actually buy it this year.

Haha Yes :P

lBlue
07-09-2009, 03:12 PM
They say that all the time.

They said the same last year about other games. Only thing I've seen is two people get SUSPENDED until the release, they'll be allowed back on live on release date.

It's scare mongering. They can only ban people who have played this game because the game rar, and stealth within the game is so donald ducked. They couldn't ban people for playing GOW2, Fallout 3, Fable 2 last year because they were official retail copies that were uploaded to the net, with a good stealth patch. Halo: ODST isn't

Lesson number one of being an Xbox owner. Microsoft Lie. Even people who play this game online will get banned, so it makes no difference what they do. It's a rubbish game i heard, a guy on another site i frequent says he completed the game within 2 hours.
For someone with a Scottish flag as your xbox display picture you speak a lot of sense ;).

It's region free. :P

Rumours are the guy was from M$ and uploaded it without part 67 knowing some people will still play it.

Again, you're bringing up events of last year.

This is this year, not last year. Obviously Microsoft's staff have changed, improved their systems have got better at detecting discs etc.
They say it all the time. Better detecting discs? pmsl.

>.>

You need to get more educated on this subject, before you go around saying stuff. That is all. You have went back on everything you've said.
;)

What're you on about? You're the one assuming no one is going to get perm banned, they're just saying it for the sake of it aren't they? :S
You know sweet **** all on this subject. You're like a women in Britain during WW1/2 listening to all the propaganda crap believing everything is all OK and the big bad xbox flashers Germans are being killed.

Maczorx
07-09-2009, 03:33 PM
Why would I lie? It took me near 5 hours, obviously some people will be better than others at the game, I also took time to go through and get the audio logs and what not. Bungie has already said this game is meant for more casual gamers. You're probably also talking to people who have done it with co-op.

J0SH
07-09-2009, 03:34 PM
Yeah because Xbox staff have said they're banning people means I know nothing about Xbox flashing, well I don't really but still :)

Maczorx
09-09-2009, 02:48 AM
Yeah because Xbox staff have said they're banning people means I know nothing about Xbox flashing, well I don't really but still :)
They're banning people who have the game illegally, people who bought the game with a receipt can play it. As long as you aren't signed in to xbox live while playing the game you should be fine if you have it illegally. I kept my ethernet cable out of the xbox just to be sure.

lBlue
09-09-2009, 07:38 AM
They're banning people who have the game illegally, people who bought the game with a receipt can play it. As long as you aren't signed in to xbox live while playing the game you should be fine if you have it illegally. I kept my ethernet cable out of the xbox just to be sure.
That doesn't do anything.

People so far are only being suspended till the release date and that's only about five, the rest haven't had any action against them yet.

Alba
09-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Yeh, you are going to get banned in the next wave i'm afraid. Playing offline doesn't make a difference. I'd start saving up for a new xbox if i were you, or put it on a christmas list..

GoldenMerc
09-09-2009, 10:20 PM
I doubt you'l get banned playing offline

lBlue
10-09-2009, 03:16 PM
I doubt you'l get banned playing offline
lol...

I see you have a flashed 360 and you left it at that. You don't take time to join forums and talk about the methods eh?

GoldenMerc
10-09-2009, 03:20 PM
But what if you dont go online untill release date, your bount to not get caught. never the less i cant see why they'd cause such a stinker. if someone has the game they are going to play it.

Alba
10-09-2009, 04:01 PM
It's nothing to do with how long its due out. It's to do with the data in the ISO that you download, if thats flawed (and the Halo: ODST most certinlay is) then you will definitey get banned, and thats that.

I never play games until their properly verified. What's the point in getting a banned for a game that you get for free, when you can just wait a few weeks?

Alba
14-09-2009, 07:42 PM
One of the best PAL release groups have released Halo:ODST. :D

ElliottThompson
22-09-2009, 11:30 PM
Taken from the IGN Review:
"It's hard to balk at the campaign's length – which weighs in at around five hours on normal with another couple of hours on top if you play as God intended on Heroic – when it's admittedly on a par both with Halo 3's single-player and that of the original Modern Warfare."

Legendary mode would be even more :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!