PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Query.

syko2006
31-08-2009, 07:46 PM
What is reverting? I would like to know so I don't get caught out with it in the future.

Thanks. :)

Elw00d
31-08-2009, 09:06 PM
its where they gain your email address by emailing microsoft saying they forgot pass, microsoft ask them for your DOB location and info etc, they have it all off your Facebook /myspace and then microsfot give them your account. they then log in to your email send a password request off to habbo and bam.. pretty silly really! suggestion dont use hotmail / live emails for your habbo account.

Kyle
31-08-2009, 10:11 PM
Elw00d it's not hard to revert gmail or ymail either... or any other email provider for that matter. Don't give out any info at all and you won't fall for it. You may think you're pretty safe but people can get your IP by simply emailing you, your dob is easy enough if you have trophies on habbo from your friends saying happy birthday and your name... people usually give out their second name but it can be easily obtained via facebook or other social networking websites.

Immenseman
31-08-2009, 10:14 PM
make a separate email for habbo. i'd suggest yahoo and don't ever use it for ANY site or tell ANYONE. safe.

Kyle
31-08-2009, 10:26 PM
dont play habbo and your account wont get hacked

Ardemax
01-09-2009, 09:38 AM
dont b kyle and u dnt get cautioned
OH RIGHT BAK AT YA

ok
ye basiclly do what jake said
reverting isn't necessarily about gaining your ip - if you have any open ports - then yeah - worry about them getting your ip cos they'll inject some shiz into it and it would mess everyone about so dont do it ok

Black_Apalachi
02-09-2009, 08:58 AM
make a separate email for habbo. i'd suggest yahoo and don't ever use it for ANY site or tell ANYONE. safe.

eXpert ;).

The thing I don't get about reverting is, to gain access to their Hotmail, you need their exact post code and there's not really any way of finding it without them actually telling you. And when is anyone ever going to share their post code? :S It's not on your Facebook/Myspace etc. I know plenty of people are reverted without sharing any information at all so this seems weird.

Ardemax
02-09-2009, 10:06 AM
eXpert ;).

The thing I don't get about reverting is, to gain access to their Hotmail, you need their exact post code and there's not really any way of finding it without them actually telling you. And when is anyone ever going to share their post code? :S It's not on your Facebook/Myspace etc. I know plenty of people are reverted without sharing any information at all so this seems weird.

there's a site where you don't need a post code ;)

Black_Apalachi
02-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Actually I hear about that. Do you mean a site to reset your hotmail password? I don't see why there would be any other than the official Microsoft one..

Ardemax
03-09-2009, 05:47 AM
Actually I hear about that. Do you mean a site to reset your hotmail password? I don't see why there would be any other than the official Microsoft one..

microsoft didn't always own msn as it was - they changed it to windows live and the msn page still exists

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!