PDA

View Full Version : Defoe or Tevez?

StefanWolves
31-08-2009, 09:46 PM
Just wondering, WHO DO YOU THINK WILL HAVE A BIGGER IMPACT OVER THE WHOLE OF THE SEASON?

Defoe has had a great start to this season, but can he sustain it? will he get injured? as he is always picking up little knocks, but still, when he's fit, he is pure class.

Tevez was injured early in the season and is just coming up to speed and is just starting to work well for his new club, Man City, but has yet to make any sort of big impact at his new club, but no one can deny his ability.

I'm stuck in this pretty big dilema, I don't know who to choose to come in for subs on my Dream Team (the suns) ~ both cost 5.0M and 5.0M is all I can spend.

Opinions?

Vote in the poll too.

Btw i'm just leaning towards Tevez, even though he's only got 8 pts so far, Defoe has 39, but I can just see Tevez knocking them in for fun in the not to distant future...

Immenseman
31-08-2009, 09:49 PM
for me, defoe.

Browney
31-08-2009, 09:50 PM
Defoe. Defoe is top. Besides, you don't get points for industry on fantasy premier league, but you do for goals.

StefanWolves
31-08-2009, 09:51 PM
It's a tough call, I can just see Defoe being injured, and that's not good, as I'm half way down the table in my local pubs sun dream team.

The prize is like £500, for the overall winner, and £250 for runner up, and £100 for third, I'm 19th out of 38 people (but am only 55pts off the top), so these transfers are pretty important.

Callum.
31-08-2009, 10:14 PM
defoe.

i think adebayor will steal the show for city

StefanWolves
31-08-2009, 10:17 PM
I would go for Ade, but he's 7.0m, and I cannot afford him.

AlexOC
31-08-2009, 10:22 PM
I chose Tevez, not just as im a City fan, but i think his work-rate is second to none, which will not only make R Mark want to choose him every week, but aid him to lots of goals, and many assists (to probably Ade)

Jack.Lfc
31-08-2009, 10:23 PM
Whats this on?

StefanWolves
31-08-2009, 10:26 PM
It's for TheSun Dream Team, not that Fantasy League everyones joined on here... :P

www.dreamteamfc.com ~ to late to join now if you haven't already.

brandon
31-08-2009, 10:35 PM
Well regardless of overall impact on each team I think Defoe will get you more points.

AlexOC
31-08-2009, 10:41 PM
I disagree.

Tevez should get more goals, assists and minutes

Geraint
31-08-2009, 11:32 PM
Defoe. Tevez will have more assists but Defoe also chips him with a few himself. Also, with Tevez, he might not start every game with the team that Man City have, saying that, Spurs have 4 themselves but I'd go for Defoe.

Flamedragon3
01-09-2009, 12:54 AM
Its hard to choose, but I would probably choose Tevez, and I'm not only choosing him because he plays for City. When he was playing for United, ever time he had a chance on the pitch, he played his heart out and really made big impacts in their games. Now that he's with City, he can shine more as long as he gets to play every game (which he should be doing), and with the quality of Rooney and Ronaldo not in our team, then he has more chances to get some goals himself, with players like Ireland and Robinho who can set him up with many chances at goal.

lBlue
01-09-2009, 08:02 AM
What do you want?

Assists
6/10 goals a season
Appearances
Match wins

10/13 goals a season
Appearances

Browney
01-09-2009, 08:59 AM
Its hard to choose, but I would probably choose Tevez, and I'm not only choosing him because he plays for City. When he was playing for United, ever time he had a chance on the pitch, he played his heart out and really made big impacts in their games. Now that he's with City, he can shine more as long as he gets to play every game (which he should be doing), and with the quality of Rooney and Ronaldo not in our team, then he has more chances to get some goals himself, with players like Ireland and Robinho who can set him up with many chances at goal.

I can see it now.

90 minutes played | 2
Bonus | 3
Working his bonny little heart out | 4

And Matty, you think Tevez could 10 goals? :S He never got that many for the best club in England, why do you think he'll do it on the other side of the city?

lBlue
01-09-2009, 09:33 AM
I can see it now.

90 minutes played | 2
Bonus | 3
Working his bonny little heart out | 4

And Matty, you think Tevez could 10 goals? :S He never got that many for the best club in England, why do you think he'll do it on the other side of the city?
Because he's playing week in week out for 75+ minutes.

You're not going to judge him by coming onto the pitch for 15 minutes for about ten games are you?

StefanWolves
01-09-2009, 10:39 AM
Because he's playing week in week out for 75+ minutes.

You're not going to judge him by coming onto the pitch for 15 minutes for about ten games are you?

I know what you're saying, more goals get more points... and I think Defoe will score more goals, but will get less assits than Tevez will. :P

Hard call, I got two weeks to wait anyway, but I'm definately bringing in one of these two.

Browney
01-09-2009, 10:45 AM
Tevez isn't a goalscorer. He barely set up many goals either. You might as well put Fletcher upfront.

StefanWolves
01-09-2009, 10:48 AM
Tevez isn't a goalscorer. He barely set up many goals either. You might as well put Fletcher upfront.

I'll bare that in mind, I'm actually contemplaiting bringing Darren Bent in instead.

Browney
01-09-2009, 12:16 PM
No, Tevez or Defoe would both be better options than Bent. :P

StefanWolves
01-09-2009, 12:17 PM
Bent is cheaper though, freeing up more money for my midfield, + he'd score some goals, guess I could buy a cheap defender (Shawcross/Faye, both have 30 pts already) and get Torres as an attacker.

Geraint
01-09-2009, 12:57 PM
What do you want?

Assists
6/10 goals a season
Appearances
Match wins

10/13 goals a season
Appearances

because Tottenham don't win many matches :rolleyes:

Browney
01-09-2009, 01:22 PM
Bent is cheaper though, freeing up more money for my midfield, + he'd score some goals, guess I could buy a cheap defender (Shawcross/Faye, both have 30 pts already) and get Torres as an attacker.

Faye's been mint for me.

StefanWolves
01-09-2009, 01:25 PM
Faye's been mint for me.

I know, Shawcross is doing good too, only one point behind Faye. :P

Flamedragon3
01-09-2009, 02:13 PM
because Tottenham don't win many matches :rolleyes:
They hardly won any matches at the start of last season?

Geraint
01-09-2009, 08:20 PM
They hardly won any matches at the start of last season?

Look at the team they have this year. They're hardly going to finish 19th are they? It'll be close between Man City and Spurs.

Arron
01-09-2009, 08:26 PM
Defoe - Definite.

He's on fire.

Tevez hasn't sparked yet. I don't think he will be a major impact for City.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!