PDA

View Full Version : How do I lock a layout?

samuelb07
31-08-2009, 10:54 PM
I need to lock my layout so nobody can steal it, can someone tell me how I do this?

Tomm
31-08-2009, 11:55 PM
"Lock" your layout? What are you on about?

Jamesy
01-09-2009, 12:06 AM
My guess is he means watermarking.

samuelb07
01-09-2009, 12:24 AM
No, I have a layout, and my friends can steal it by copying the html or something. How do I stop this from happening?

hamheyelliot
01-09-2009, 02:46 AM
You could 'obfuscate' the code which is essentially scrambling your source code so it renders on your page but can't be stolen. http://www.voormedia.com/en/tools/html-obfuscate-scrambler.php. That's just the top result on google, there's probably a few better.

Heinous
01-09-2009, 02:55 AM
Here's a rule of thumb: if the browser can render it, someone can steal the source code.

Ignore it, don't store anything of security importance in it, and remember "imitation is the highest form of flattery".

BoyBetterKnow
01-09-2009, 07:53 AM
Here's a rule of thumb: if the browser can render it, someone can steal the source code.

Ignore it, don't store anything of security importance in it, and remember "imitation is the highest form of flattery".

Yeh. Highlight all -> View Selected Source

Tis easy init.

Excellent2
01-09-2009, 09:20 AM
Just obfuscate it. Noobs wouldn't know where to crack it.

VirtualG
01-09-2009, 10:11 AM
Ok, first of all you could use a no right click script which can be found on dynamic drive. You can use a scrambler. You can press the enter button until the code doesn't show up, without scrolling, when someones views your source, most idiots dont think of scrolling down.
No matter what you do there is always a way around it.

Jack!
01-09-2009, 10:15 AM
he means password protect it?? duh.

if you have cpanel scroll down to the security area then click on password protect directories and then find the folder, click the tick box, then add a user so you can get onto it then a title then click save,then when you go to the folder address you will get your titlle e.g

get lost my site is passworded, then a user and password box below it

Heinous
01-09-2009, 10:24 AM
he means password protect it?? duh.

if you have cpanel scroll down to the security area then click on password protect directories and then find the folder, click the tick box, then add a user so you can get onto it then a title then click save,then when you go to the folder address you will get your titlle e.g

get lost my site is passworded, then a user and password box below it
No, he didn't. Duh.

samuelb07
01-09-2009, 11:17 AM
lol thanks guys, and 2fast2kwl, I didn't mean that. I'm going to disable right click menu and scramble my html code :)

Blob
01-09-2009, 11:32 AM
lol thanks guys, and 2fast2kwl, I didn't mean that. I'm going to disable right click menu and scramble my html code :)

Don't disable right click, you can just click Edit > View Source or press Ctrl + U

Heinous
01-09-2009, 11:36 AM
RE: Disabling right click - and it's extremely annoying. I lose all respect I had for a site when I discover my right click is disabled. Then disable JS and do what I wanted to anyway.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!