PDA

View Full Version : I NEED HELP [+17 REP]

Immenseman
01-09-2009, 01:32 PM
ok hi.

i have a laptop and it has so much rubbish on and now things r starting to run slow so if im on like skype msn and habbo at the same time it has a panic attack and yer it never used to. partly because it's old and rubbish and partly because i have too much crap on here an buying a new one isn't an option atm.

so i want to wipe it clean but i have no idea how. so yeah how do i. thnx.

Heinous
01-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Backup stuff you wanted with portable media (CD's, DVD's, flash drives, network devices, external hard drives). Also chuck in any important drivers you don't have already laying around.

Then tell us what OS you want.

The Professor
01-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Yeah what he said ^

Basically once you have all your stuff backed up, get the disc with your operating system on (it'll either be one from the manufacturer with their logo on it) or a windows one, you can't miss it. Stick that in your disk tray, boot the computer up and on the very first screen you see look for some writing that says "Boot menu: F8" or something similar to that. Once you've identified that, restart the laptop and as soon as you see that screen keep hitting that button (F8 in my example) until the screen goes black and switches to a menu. Highlight "boot from CD" or something similar and hit enter.

From there the operating system disk will boot up, just follow the instructions on the screen. When it asks you where you want to install the OS, make sure you delete the one you have installed now before you install the new one.

Fin.

Immenseman
01-09-2009, 04:47 PM
Alright, I'll give you both rep but I think I'll let my Dad take control. Thanks a lot anyway :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!