PDA

View Full Version : PirateBay Blocked to all Eircom users

Richie
01-09-2009, 04:19 PM
http://thepiratebay.org/eircom_logo_small.gif
ACCESS TO THIS IP ADDRESS RELATING TO THE PIRATE BAY WEBSITE HAS BEEN BLOCKED

WHY?
On the 24 July 2009, an Order was made by the High Court requiring eircom to block or otherwise disable access by its subscribers to the website thePirateBay.org, its related domain names, IP addresses and URLs. The Court was satisfied that on the basis of the evidence presented by the record companies that the PirateBay website is a website that facilitates the exchange of copyrighted sound recordings without the consent of the copyright owners.
eircom recognises the legitimate rights of the owners of copyrighted material and believes that individuals who share or download copyrighted material without the authorisation or the permission of the copyright owner are acting illegally.
The Order further provides that should the PirateBay website content be legitimatised in the future, then eircom has liberty to apply to the Court to have the Order vacated and access to the PirateBay website enabled.
eircom in compliance with the Order has agreed that access to the website the PirateBay.org, its related domain names, IP addresses and URLs from the eircom network will be blocked indefinitely from the 1st September 2009.
eircom would like to reassure customers that:

eircom will not monitor customer’s activities at any stage, nor will it place any monitoring equipment or software on its network in order to facilitate this block.
eircom will not provide personal details or any information relating to customers to any third party, including the record companies.

O2 CUSTOMERS:
If you are an O2 customer and have any questions regarding this message, please contact O2 Broadband and Technical Support Team;
From an O2 Mobile 1740 (19c per call)
From an O2 landline 1850 60 1740 (10c per call)
Email [email protected]

LEGAL DOWNLOADING:
There is an abundance of other websites that provide content without infringing the rights of copyright holders. For a list of some of those sites please look here. (http://thepiratebay.org/msites.html)
eircom has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the four major labels and is in discussions with them to develop an innovative new music service for eircom and non-eircom customers. This new music service is expected to launch in the next few months

FURTHER QUESTIONS
If you have questions or concerns that you would like to discuss please contact eircom broadband support on 1890 260 260.

eircom Limited. Private Company Limited by Shares. Registered in Dublin. Registration Number 98789.
Registered Office
1 Heuston South Quarter, St. John's Road, Dublin 8.
© 2009 eircom. All rights reserved.

Yeah Most Internet providers are being taken to court.

lick
01-09-2009, 04:23 PM
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=601603

LOL

My mum is swicting to UPC anyways because it cheeper + faster

Richie
01-09-2009, 04:39 PM
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=601603

LOL

My mum is swicting to UPC anyways because it cheeper + faster

Bet me to it, anyway yeah i don't use piratebay lalala i use itunes.

efq
01-09-2009, 05:13 PM
I've called BT and they said they don't care about PirateBay cause it's too much hassle for nothing. They told me to download at your own risk and remember there is a fair usage policy.

Richie
01-09-2009, 05:27 PM
I've called BT and they said they don't care about PirateBay cause it's too much hassle for nothing. They told me to download at your own risk and remember there is a fair usage policy.

I don't understand why eircom don't do that. BT internet are little rebels ;P

efq
01-09-2009, 06:01 PM
I don't understand why eircom don't do that. BT internet are little rebels ;P
Not completely rebels, partly. They just explained to me that they can't be bothered with all the paperwork and courtcases it leads too.

AlexOC
01-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Umm, i just use TorrentPond

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!