PDA

View Full Version : Habbo Fansite Layout

Black_Apalachi
01-09-2009, 04:47 PM
Hey, this is my third attempt at a layout (although I wouldn't include the second as it wasn't really a proper layout lol). I'd like to know what you think and if I should bother trying to sell it. If so, what price range do you think would be realistic?

Cheers :).

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/9681/watermarked.png

jacko2244
01-09-2009, 06:24 PM
its too small, try making it bigger.

other from that its pretty good!

GoldenMerc
01-09-2009, 07:39 PM
not a fan of it rob, soz

Richie
01-09-2009, 08:25 PM
If i was buying i'd pay max 10£ however if it was a paint file i wouldn't bother cos it would make the slicing difficult

BoyBetterKnow
01-09-2009, 08:41 PM
If i was buying i'd pay max 10£ however if it was a paint file i wouldn't bother cos it would make the slicing difficult

Disagree with you Richard boyo :) I love slicing paint files because of lack of gradient etc.

Jibbish
01-09-2009, 08:59 PM
the concept is good, just a little small
and in some more colours

VirtualG
01-09-2009, 09:39 PM
I simply LOVE IT! It's got a very futuristic look. It's also the most original (and my favourite) layout of the year. I think it is kinda small but I think it would also be the perfect layout for a mini-radio site, eg habboxlive. +rep

iDenning
01-09-2009, 09:45 PM
Has potential, needs bigger content area and needs a bigger width all together. It's good but doesn't compete with your other :P

Black_Apalachi
01-09-2009, 11:45 PM
I know it's rather small, but I'm just a big fan of small layouts :D. My other "good" layout was also pretty small while my rubbish one was huge and awful :P.

Disagree with you Richard boyo :) I love slicing paint files because of lack of gradient etc.

Hmm.. could you two elaborate; I'm interested in learning what effect it has being a Paint file? I do all my work in Paint. Although I'd be very pleased with £10 for my first sale! :)

I simply LOVE IT! It's got a very futuristic look. It's also the most original (and my favourite) layout of the year. I think it is kinda small but I think it would also be the perfect layout for a mini-radio site, eg habboxlive. +rep

Thanks! :D

Has potential, needs bigger content area and needs a bigger width all together. It's good but doesn't compete with your other :P

I thought this was a bit more original than my other (yellow) one. As well as small layouts, I'm also a big fan of the old fashioned "1.0" fansites but I thought I'd steered closer to the "2.0" end of the scale with this.

Thanks for everyone's comments!

Black_Apalachi
02-09-2009, 12:44 AM
Edit: Widened? :)

http://www.uploadpicz.com/images/49mounted_23321275117_ia.png

BoyBetterKnow
02-09-2009, 08:29 AM
Much better.

Black_Apalachi
02-09-2009, 08:34 AM

Sluing
02-09-2009, 09:13 AM
Change the opacity level of the banner in Paint.net or something to really get the effect of what you did with wrapping the navigation/banner around the content box. Also, not a big fan of the banner, something more complex would make it stand out even more. Overall, I like what your overall layout and would have considered using this if I had a fansite.

It's a mix between both web 2.0 and 1 and it mixes very well. I don't think many layouts of that sort can say that.

Black_Apalachi
02-09-2009, 09:17 AM
Change the opacity level of the banner in Paint.net or something to really get the effect of what you did with wrapping the navigation/banner around the content box. Also, not a big fan of the banner, something more complex would make it stand out even more. Overall, I like what your overall layout and would have considered using this if I had a fansite.

It's a mix between both web 2.0 and 1 and it mixes very well. I don't think many layouts of that sort can say that.

Interesting idea. The banner is just there, it can be changed to anything if/when needed. Thank you for the 1.0/2.0 comment - I love that! :D

Alkaz
02-09-2009, 09:36 AM
Very nice rob :D +grats on 5000+ posts :D

Black_Apalachi
02-09-2009, 09:38 AM
Fanx Joe!!! :D x

VirtualG
02-09-2009, 11:07 AM
If I had twenty pounds I'd buy it but I dont have cash on me. I wouldn't sell for less than 15 pounds if you made a sub nav for it. It's a very original and a great layout

Black_Apalachi
02-09-2009, 11:54 AM
If I had twenty pounds I'd buy it but I dont have cash on me. I wouldn't sell for less than 15 pounds if you made a sub nav for it. It's a very original and a great layout

Thanks! Is that just another nav bar? Why would that be needed?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!