PDA

View Full Version : Developing a 360 gaming review website. Want to help?

iDenning
01-09-2009, 10:32 PM
Hey
I'm looking for a few enthusiastic people to help out with a new LONG TERM project. The reason I capitalized that was because all my other projects last a few weeks and i give up on them.

However.. This has been an ambition for me as I have always wanted to make one, I love the style of the websites and just the general idea.

I will go ahead with this site at this time as it is right to do so, budget will be HIGH at the end of October, so we will have at least 200pound to spend on site features if needed.

I have the basics covered, such as domain. I haven't started the layout as it should be a team decision, which will probably be designed by a professional.

The site will contain a few features, such as:
- Gaming reviews (duh)
- Members area where they can login and submit their own reviews, there will be a page called 'Player submitted reviews' So as soon as they review it will be displayed there.
- Display current released games
- Display upcoming releases
- Display latest news (release dates etc)
- Display website cheats

And much more, ideas are appreciated.

I'm looking for at least one manager for each category. (listed above)

This site will be successful if the right people help and put dedication and commitment into it.

If you would like to help then PM me or post :)

Regards,
Jack Denning.

Baz
01-09-2009, 10:33 PM
i wouldn't mind helping in any cattergory

iDenning
01-09-2009, 10:48 PM
For everyone who posts or PM's saying they're interested I will note down and contact you near the project start line.

New idea:

In their account they can attach there Xbox live account and compare achievements, games etc.

jacko2244
01-09-2009, 11:33 PM
i wouldent mind helping out, i love the 360 ;]

rnix
01-09-2009, 11:34 PM
xbox360 is my life support. :)

I have alot of free time and i have alot of ideas.
would love to help :)

BoyBetterKnow
02-09-2009, 08:30 AM
Haha Denning cmon.

- HabboDesign
- GTASinners

Blob
02-09-2009, 07:16 PM
Ill help with coding...

Niall!
02-09-2009, 07:59 PM
I'm currently taking a Higher National Diploma in Media which involves reviewing, and I've also been interested in reviewing games for a few years now.

I have a 360, so if you need me, send a PM. It'll be helpfull for my college work anyway.

Sam
02-09-2009, 08:26 PM
PMing you :)

Niall!
02-09-2009, 08:33 PM
I can't post my gamertag since I don't have live.

iDenning
02-09-2009, 08:39 PM
Haha Denning cmon.

- HabboDesign
- GTASinners
Habbodesign isn't opening and GTAsinners is in the hand of someone else and doesnt need a website urgently.

Also, thanks for all volunteers as we have quite a high number with experience and of whom can review the latest games.

Shcl
02-09-2009, 08:49 PM
I can help if you still need it. Pm me :]

iDenning
02-09-2009, 08:50 PM
I can help if you still need it. Pm me :]
Yeah, we need loads of people :) We have about 9 so far. I will PM everyone that posted of interest when the site is being made, so far is just for ideas and volunteers :P

Maczorx
03-09-2009, 01:40 AM
- Display current released games
- Display upcoming releases

I wouldn't mind helping out with that, message me when you need someone to fill in those positions.

Richie
03-09-2009, 02:44 AM
I can help if you would like :)

BoyBetterKnow
03-09-2009, 08:00 AM
I'll review all aspects of Halo 3...

iDenning
03-09-2009, 02:19 PM
Awesome, I'm happy with the ideas gathered however more are welcome, also the amount of volunteers we have about 11, with strong knowledge, designing, coding etc.

I will PM everyone when the site starts to get developed!

iDenning
04-09-2009, 06:46 PM
UPDATE;

Coding systems etc has begun.

I will PM everyone involved when it's finished (or post) more information.

.Zi
04-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Ill help :) YOu have my msn.

Jack!
05-09-2009, 11:39 AM
i would help, just pre-order cod modern warfare 2 and halo 3:odst limited edition, i get new games very often, so i could do a fair amount of reviews and stuff, and i got xbox live

J0SH
05-09-2009, 12:28 PM
Don't bother doing all of that just for a review site. My friend's got very succesful for doing a WP www.ve3tro.com and yes, he is a proper reviewer, he gets ALL of his games for free, so he can review them and such.

iDenning
05-09-2009, 12:30 PM
Don't bother doing all of that just for a review site. My friend's got very succesful for doing a WP www.ve3tro.com (http://www.ve3tro.com) and yes, he is a proper reviewer, he gets ALL of his games for free, so he can review them and such.
So do myself and a few others.

J0SH
05-09-2009, 12:38 PM
Just get a Tumblr or something and code a layout for that, then you can do articles and ****

Shcl
05-09-2009, 12:59 PM
Just get a Tumblr or something and code a layout for that, then you can do articles and ****
Why a custom layouts much better.

J0SH
05-09-2009, 07:56 PM
Why a custom layouts much better.

The project probably won't take off though.

Fehm
05-09-2009, 08:46 PM
So do myself and a few others.

There you go again with that horrible ego of yours, trying to be on step better than the next person.

It wont work for you dude.

Sam
06-09-2009, 01:09 AM
There you go again with that horrible ego of yours, trying to be on step better than the next person.

It wont work for you dude.

So Hackney can brag how his friend's a proper reviewer etc, and say how he thinks the site 'probably wont take off', and how it'll fail. Yet when Denning says he also knows people who get their games for free to review, HE'S the one with the big ego? How is he trying to be 'one step better' when he's saying that Hackney's friend isn't the only one who gets free games to review. One step better would be '**** Microsoft PAYS me to review for them' or some crap.

Please, don't try to insult people. It won't work for you dude.

J0SH
06-09-2009, 06:42 AM
So Hackney can brag how his friend's a proper reviewer etc, and say how he thinks the site 'probably wont take off', and how it'll fail. Yet when Denning says he also knows people who get their games for free to review, HE'S the one with the big ego? How is he trying to be 'one step better' when he's saying that Hackney's friend isn't the only one who gets free games to review. One step better would be '**** Microsoft PAYS me to review for them' or some crap.

Please, don't try to insult people. It won't work for you dude.

I wasn't bragging about my mates, I was giving him a hint to just go with a simple WP, because by my friends site it shows you can be succesful ;)

kre8ive
06-09-2009, 07:33 AM
I wouldn't mind helping, I don't mean to brag here but I did quite good in my English GCSE's, just one thing... I have never written a review. I'm a keen xboxer, and I'm sure I could write detailed reviews. (I usually review demos to all friends on my list, just small indetailed ones)

If you want my help, PM me. (I own you all @ Call of Duty Modern Warfare)

J0SH
06-09-2009, 09:50 AM
I wouldn't mind helping, I don't mean to brag here but I did quite good in my English GCSE's, just one thing... I have never written a review. I'm a keen xboxer, and I'm sure I could write detailed reviews. (I usually review demos to all friends on my list, just small indetailed ones)

I'd have you at CoD 4.

Black_Apalachi
06-09-2009, 09:54 AM
I want to say congrats for the success of this thread! :O Good luck to you all with this project :).

Jibbish
06-09-2009, 10:27 AM
would you want my layout i made for this?

jacko2244
06-09-2009, 02:31 PM

No, you dont i own you all :P

+ I'm still intrested btw :D

iDenning
06-09-2009, 06:33 PM
would you want my layout i made for this?
Hmmm.. I may or may not, I'm keeping options open at the moment!

I want to say congrats for the success of this thread! :O Good luck to you all with this project :).
Thanks

And Callum I don't see how I have a big ego. The project wont fail nor not take off, because it's already took off and is starting to look good.

However, It will obviously take off with my amazing skills.. [/sarcasm]

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!