PDA

View Full Version : Subjects for A-level (Basicly to fill the time)

Cysne
02-09-2009, 10:40 AM
Hai, right I'm 18, already done my Alevels, but I messed up two exams in the summer. :eusa_wall So I'm going back to college for a year while resitting these two exams. I should have got a B/C in PE and geography, but I failed a unit in each, dragging my grade down to a D, which messed up my uni choice. **** sake. Won't take much to resit these and pass with a decent mark, had problems distracting my mind during the exams. But that's gone now so it's all goood.

I was just wondering if anyone could suggest another subject or two to do at the same time while i'm resitting as I will have some spare time.

I have currently done:
Geography
PE
ICT
At Alevel.

I was thinking of doing History (because I enjoy it :3) and media studies because it's a ******* joke of a subject, easily get an B or more.
I was just wondering what else I could do to pass my time for another a-level at college...
Pretty much suggest me any easy ******ed subjects. (Was even wondering if I should do another Geography As level ;3) Just to fill up my time table abit.

Black_Apalachi
02-09-2009, 12:56 PM
I did Business, Psychology, English Language and Product Design.

Psychology and English I think were the hardest. LOADS of work in Psychology and the English exams require you to study pages and pages of texts to take into the exam with you.

DT I dropped after first year, got a D or something, (was better at the actual design side rather than the manufacture :P).

And Business wasn't too bad but still a good bit of work.

Not trying to scare you away from anything, just making sure you know what's not a doss. Psychology definitely isn't, English isn't, DT has a lot of deadlines so that's not. I must admit my Business class was mainly lazy *******s (including me :P) and we didn't do too badly - oh and at my school A2 Business Students always get the opportunity to go to New York, (as I was on EMA it only cost me about £200) and it was amazzzzziinggg!

As far as I know, so few took foreign languages that the classes only had a few people, even just one at times, so that would make it a lot easier.

Hope this is a bit useful ;).

Cysne
02-09-2009, 01:11 PM
Psychologys a ****. I dropped it after the first year, when I did it. Got a D at As, wasn't work the work.
English I'm pretty ****e at too...
I'm going on monday to register and stuff, business is a possiblity. It's just basicly to fill the time, as I said I already have 3 alevels. Just need to resit to exams to get decent grades. (Ie with a good grade with two resits I will be at BCC/BBC) Which is far more then I need to get into my uni.

Thanks, I will check out business. :) I will be studying mostly at a As level with a brain at the level of working at uni, so it's not an issue really for most things. Just to much work, ie Psychology is a pure ****.

Edit, I know most of it isn't easy. It's not meant to be, but I got a C in ICT at alevel without any work, so I know what to expect from my self. Won't be scared off ;)

Black_Apalachi
02-09-2009, 03:32 PM
Glad I could help :).

CHA!NGANG
02-09-2009, 04:50 PM
I do D/T, History, Maths, Economics. (Well dropped Economics).

I recomment History highly, it's a great and intresting subject but it really depends on if you like that sort of stuff. D/T Is a lot of work, maths is hard and economics is pretty boring. Economics is quite esay if you just read the book, but is boring. Bussiness Studies according to my school is a doss version of Economics, so you could easily get a B/A in that.

I recommend History or Business Studies :)!

Cysne
02-09-2009, 05:55 PM
Cheers! Much help,
Going in on monday to sort it out, definatly gonna do history. (See if I can squeeze both an As and A2 in at the same year, which would take up 8 hours a week)
Let's see what they say I can do. I'm pretty over-qualified for any of the courses they are putting on anyway, so it's my choice rather then theirs. :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!