PDA

View Full Version : I Got a PS3 Slim!

Firehorse
03-09-2009, 10:32 AM
Ordered it on the 31st of September and it arrived yesterday. Been playing a couple demo games and little big planet.

Some think the Matte finish isn't so great but I think it looks pretty cool anyway and also collects less dust than the old one! Also I think shiny plastic gives a cheap feel anyhow.

Its a very neat little device which when I get a screen stand will fit snugly under my screen.

Very Please with it :eusa_danc

Also it doesn't play PS2 disks but it DOES backtrack to PS1 games. (No I didn't just hear this, I actually tried it out with some of my old PS1 games)

Southe,
03-09-2009, 10:43 AM
you mean august?

- I dont mind having less HD space
- Prefer the look of the previous models
- don't like the look of the buttons prefer the touch ones.
- Plays ps games aswell

Tho how would transfering all your data go if you got a slim. since you move trophies to another console and get trophies.. or can you if its the same PSN?

dbgtz
03-09-2009, 10:53 AM
Trophies are on the account I think not the playstation? Anywho I'm getting one if this person buys my xbox and stuff and I'll just shove it all on usb and copy it all in.

Firehorse
03-09-2009, 11:19 AM
you mean august?

- I dont mind having less HD space
- Prefer the look of the previous models
- don't like the look of the buttons prefer the touch ones.
- Plays ps games aswell

Tho how would transfering all your data go if you got a slim. since you move trophies to another console and get trophies.. or can you if its the same PSN?

Oops my mistake, august.

I agree in pics and videos the buttons look a bit naff. Bur irl they look quite nice. They're made of metal (or plated in metal) and they illuminate when turned on.

dbgtz
03-09-2009, 11:28 AM
Anyone know of overheating problems?

Firehorse
03-09-2009, 11:44 AM
Anyone know of overheating problems?

Mine isn't getting very hot, it does get warm and the air it pumps out isn't extreme. Haven't felt it when playing a game yet, i'll get back to you on that. Never had any smells of burning. Very quiet.

Black_Apalachi
03-09-2009, 03:12 PM
I haven't looked at pics but I like the sound of proper buttons; the touch buttons are a bit of a gimmick imo. I also like the sound of matte rather than shiny cos shiny just gets dirty and dull anyway.

The back compatibility to PS1 but not PS2 is the dumbest thing I've ever heard lol.

BoomItsClowgon
03-09-2009, 04:04 PM
YE LOL. You can hardly find PS1 games and to find them you would have to dig deep into markets or Cash Converters! :P

They should of done both... some people have no sense seriously.

Wayne
03-09-2009, 04:08 PM
I'm sure most PS3 users would prefer to play PS2 games instead of PS1 games. Oh well.

Firehorse
03-09-2009, 04:13 PM
The back compatibility to PS1 but not PS2 is the dumbest thing I've ever heard lol.

I think its probably something to do with cost of the hardware being able to read ps2 disks being more than ps1. And also because they want people to still buy the last of the playstation 2s up to play their ps2 games on.

PS1 doesn't get manufactured anymore though so it wouldn't stop sales of playstation 1s if they made it compatible. As always they squeeze the most money possible from out pockets even just by remaking all their consoles.

Black_Apalachi
03-09-2009, 06:00 PM
I think its probably something to do with cost of the hardware being able to read ps2 disks being more than ps1. And also because they want people to still buy the last of the playstation 2s up to play their ps2 games on.

PS1 doesn't get manufactured anymore though so it wouldn't stop sales of playstation 1s if they made it compatible. As always they squeeze the most money possible from out pockets even just by remaking all their consoles.

The point about cost is correct because their break-even point on PS3s is extremely high (they were actually making a loss on each console until they sold a certain amount, I don't know whether they've reached that point yet). Your other point about PS2s still selling is a good one :).

dbgtz
03-09-2009, 06:37 PM
Personally I do think in the original one they over-done it and alot few even used LOL.
Slims will sell well though.

Remote
03-09-2009, 07:25 PM
I ordered mine, picking it up from Speak Retail on Monday :P Got COD 5 for it too :D

syko2006
04-09-2009, 06:35 PM
YE LOL. You can hardly find PS1 games and to find them you would have to dig deep into markets or Cash Converters! :P

They should of done both... some people have no sense seriously.

Yeah, hahaha...or go to the pre-owned section in Gamestation/Game/PC World/ generally any place that sells games.

Firehorse
05-09-2009, 09:57 AM
You can also buy PS1 games from the Playstation Store and download it to the console itself.

Frodo13.
08-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Yeah I want one, but I've got the 60Gb original model which still works perfectly, so there isn't much point to getting one at the moment.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!