PDA

View Full Version : SSH MySQL command...

Hitman
04-09-2009, 09:35 AM
Hi, I've got a VPS running CentOS. It has MySQL installed and I want to know how to do something in SSH with a command.

I want to do two things. The first is to make a wordlist and then save it to a file (txt) and the contents would be like

aa
ab
ac

etc... and then I would need to just change a few things to change the chars/size.

Now, this second one is more important. I want to be able to get the server open/read a wordlist (with SSH), then hash every single word in the file (in md5) then insert it into a database. How would this be done?

Thanks!

Heinous
04-09-2009, 09:37 AM
There's better ways to create a rainbow table.

Hitman
04-09-2009, 09:43 AM
There's better ways to create a rainbow table.
I'm not making a rainbow table, the best way to obtain them is download or purchase them on a CD, unless you have a lot of powerful computers.

Tomm
04-09-2009, 10:44 AM
Doing something like this is best done using a program or scripting lanauge (e.g PHP). Using SSH or even shell scripts would be very complicated.

Hitman
04-09-2009, 01:06 PM
Doing something like this is best done using a program or scripting lanauge (e.g PHP). Using SSH or even shell scripts would be very complicated.I've got it in PHP, but I'd rather do it in SSH because I imagine it'd use less resources... but I'll use PHP for now.

Tomm
04-09-2009, 01:09 PM
You can use php from a SSH session - just use the php command. This way you don't have to use a webserver at all.

Hitman
04-09-2009, 01:55 PM
You can use php from a SSH session - just use the php command. This way you don't have to use a webserver at all.
Ah thanks for that, saves me a bit of RAM from Apache... I might install lighttp or whatever its called and MySQL lite aswell.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!