PDA

View Full Version : Sims 3 crashes my computer :(

-K8T!E-
04-09-2009, 05:04 PM
so i was sooooo excited a couple of weeks ago when my brother bought me sims3. so i installed it fine and it seemed to be working okay untill i Got out of making a family, and moved the family into a house. After about 5-10 mins after i start playing, my computer crashes. :( it wasnt just a once off either cos its happened loads of times. i changed the resulition settings lower and it made a little difference i think, but not much..

Thanks,
Katie:) xox

p.s [ +rep to anyone who can help me, i'm really annoyed about this after my bro spending 50 euro on the game]

ooo nd p.p.s [computer is a dell, and its windows xp, just incase ur wondering xD]

Jam
04-09-2009, 05:44 PM
Post your computer specifications, and if its a laptop, is your power plan on High Performance?

Alkaz
04-09-2009, 05:48 PM
It did that on my old computer, I have got a new one since, still not tried it though lol.

-K8T!E-
04-09-2009, 07:46 PM
tbh ive no idea what my 'computer spefications' are... and no i dont use a laptop for the sims cos my laptop doesnt have a disk drive... it wouldnt be caused if my computer had hardly any memory would it? cos my computer has A LOT of programmes xD

Stephen!
04-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Is the game patched to the latest version?

Markeh
04-09-2009, 08:08 PM
Try reinstalling.

If you could get your system specification (ask your brother for help?), it would help us a lot.

@Stephen: Some of the current patches are screwing up games even more.

-K8T!E-
04-09-2009, 09:18 PM
+ rep to u all :) ill get the computery info up asap :) thanks xox

GommeInc
05-09-2009, 01:20 AM
I strongly recommend joining The Sims3 and going to their forums in the link below:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/forums/show/10.page

They're quite good with technical help, and might be able to find out the problem :) Look out for answers made by "Sim Gurus", they're the ones who usually come back with some good responses, like if there are missing files, what settings are best for your specs and so on :)

9y
15-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Yeah this happens to isabellas computer. Post thier forums but really, Its probably your comp specs. Simply not being high enough

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!