PDA

View Full Version : Woodcutting vs Hunter

Mint
04-09-2009, 07:14 PM
99 strength is coming up fast so I need to decide what I'm doing after it. I will be wanting this setup:

Helm of neitz/slayer helm
Fury
Bandos chestplate
Zerker ring
Whip
Rune defender
Bandos tassets
Dragon boots

I already have a bandos chestplate and about 10m remaining after I sell some of the stuff I used for 99 str. This means that I need to make around 20 mill for the rest. Might sound a lot to you but I could make it all quite quickly with a skill like woodcutting at the rate I train at.

It was all planned out until people started to persuade me to train hunter instead. When I get to 63 hunter (I'm lvl 1 now and know nothing about it) apparently you get around 20k xp per hour catching red chins, when at level 95 you get a constant 80k - 100k per hour which is over 3x as fast as cutting yews in terms of xp, makes more money as well from what I've heard (red chins). Without knowing anything about hunter I wanted to know from people on hxf if hunter is actually better than wc and if I should train hunter instead.

Thanks in advance +rep to all serious replies.

user130523
04-09-2009, 07:33 PM
99 hunting takes around a month and brings you in like 35M so i'd do that first :)

and well woodcutting, takes like 2-3 months plus its REALLY boring (unless u bot)

LiveToDie
04-09-2009, 07:53 PM
well, i enjoyed getting 99 hunter. it came to a point where i could watch a film and collect/set traps without hardly looking at the screen. its where i made my 1st large-ish amount of moneys :]

Mint
04-09-2009, 08:10 PM
Ahh thanks, sound like hunter is the thing to do. I will certainly give it a good try and if it isn't for me then I'll wc. Hope it is for me though cos it works out a lot better. :)

Imnotpure
05-09-2009, 07:18 AM
race u to 99 ill do wc

Psoleos
05-09-2009, 09:11 AM
99 WC is not worth it, takes ages and doesn't make you that much money.

Mint
05-09-2009, 11:11 AM
race u to 99 ill do wc
Gonna do hunter :)

99 WC is not worth it, takes ages and doesn't make you that much money.
Thanks, I've made my mind up and am definitely going to be hunting after 99 str (a few days).

MJJ
05-09-2009, 01:09 PM
Woodcutting may be a lot slower than Hunter, but the problem with Hunter is that there is so much clicking. With Woodcutting, you can browse some forums, and check back every few minutes, but with Hunter, it is constant clicking.

Once you get to level 63 and start catching red chins, the spots are very very crowded. You will probably have to share your spot with at least 2 or 3 other people, and their not always the nicest people to talk to.

If you have the patience, then you should go for 99 Hunter, since it's faster, but you might get bored of it after a while.

scottish
05-09-2009, 01:14 PM
be a man and get money thru slayer/monster killin

Ed.
05-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Woodcutting is slow than hunter but it doesn't cost anything. it is also not boring because you can just watch a film or talk in irc while doing it.

scottish
05-09-2009, 01:19 PM
Woodcutting is slow than hunter but it doesn't cost anything. it is also not boring because you can just watch a film or talk in irc while doing it.

or make in real life habbo mario kart videos for youtube

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=real+life+habbo+edhawks&meta=&rlz=1R2PCTA_en-GB&aq=f&oq=real+life+habbo+edhawk

gl wit ya 99

Ed.
05-09-2009, 01:23 PM
Yes Scott. But I didn't do that while woodcutting ;)

ashyboy999
05-09-2009, 01:38 PM
woodcutting id say yews in todays market if they remain at over 500 per log you could make upto 40M - yews outside catherby are best

however with hunting chinchompa in both piscatoris and feldip hills can get you around the same or more because chincompas have also risen in value. i have 99 woodcutting and 60 hunter.

im level 119 and my armour set up is:

dragon full helm
dragon platebody
dragon platelegs
dragon boots
amulet of fury
ring of wealth
karamja gloves 3
woodcutting cape (t)
bandos godsword

people say bandos is better than dragon. yes in crush defence not in slash and stab defence, yes in range defence not in summon defence. in my point of view dragon is cheaper and better than bandos armour.

another good skill to train is slayer. i get alot of steel, iron and black dragons which i can make millions from and im not just training my combat but also slayer for higher better creatures like aquanites, dust devils, abby demons and skeletal wyverns

scottish
05-09-2009, 03:06 PM
whats the str bonus on dragon, oh. 8-) bandos owns dragon.

Arch
05-09-2009, 03:27 PM
woodcutting id say yews in todays market if they remain at over 500 per log you could make upto 40M - yews outside catherby are best

however with hunting chinchompa in both piscatoris and feldip hills can get you around the same or more because chincompas have also risen in value. i have 99 woodcutting and 60 hunter.

im level 119 and my armour set up is:

dragon full helm
dragon platebody
dragon platelegs
dragon boots
amulet of fury
ring of wealth
karamja gloves 3
woodcutting cape (t)
bandos godsword

people say bandos is better than dragon. yes in crush defence not in slash and stab defence, yes in range defence not in summon defence. in my point of view dragon is cheaper and better than bandos armour.

another good skill to train is slayer. i get alot of steel, iron and black dragons which i can make millions from and im not just training my combat but also slayer for higher better creatures like aquanites, dust devils, abby demons and skeletal wyverns

They are probs the worst task so i woudnt train slayer just to kill them lmao

whats the str bonus on dragon, oh. 8-) bandos owns dragon.

Gf dragon.

And skillcape-wise id do hunter cuz i think it looks nicer but thats just me

Mint
05-09-2009, 06:03 PM
How much clicking? Is there that much clicking when catching red chins that you could compare it to firemaking? If there's as much clicking as firemaking then you can get lost I ain't doing all that lmao.

Rixion
05-09-2009, 06:36 PM
You have to set trap.. wait a bit.
Dismantle and collect Chinchompa.
Set another trap.
But you can set like a good few traps at a time which is better but more clicking.

Sometimes it collapses and you have to rebuild it which is the annoying bit.

MJJ
06-09-2009, 03:19 PM
How much clicking? Is there that much clicking when catching red chins that you could compare it to firemaking? If there's as much clicking as firemaking then you can get lost I ain't doing all that lmao.

You've got to pay almost complete attention or you'll get very slow experience.

Most of the other hunters are immature, and will steal your spot if you're not quick enough, too.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!