PDA

View Full Version : Same Old Habbo Fansites

VirtualG
05-09-2009, 09:30 AM
I hate all these fansites that are just the same. They dont offer anything new except for their layout (maybe, thats if it's not a rip off of something like habbcrazy or just a free layout) I haven't seen a really original fansite in a long time, so I ask you. Please dont make a Habbo Fansite unless you have a very original idea. The following ideas are taken:
Forum Sites
Radio Sites
Arcchive Sites
etc...
If you make a habbo fansite, you may have those things but dont even bother if you dont have something original.
Does anybody know of any really original fansites. And who agrees with me. Ill let you discuss it...

BoyBetterKnow
05-09-2009, 10:52 AM
You can't just group

Forum Sites
Radio Sites
Arcchive Sites

together.

But I hear what you're saying. Mine and Mikitizeds new site is a forum / radio site but it's based around user interaction and offers new features.

Someone told me that they'd bought a radio license for their site and everything and I just thought "There's no point rushing into it. You bought a radio license and you don't even have your site done yet".

But oh well.

iDenning
05-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Have to agree, we have all these fansites yet they all offer the same thing.

VirtualG
06-09-2009, 01:03 AM
Although, you can offer all these things just do it well, if you know what I mean. See, Habbox is just forums, radioa dn a bit of archive and the rest is what you would normally see on a Habbo fansite but what they have done to make their site so great is take it to a bigger extent. Habbox's forum is the second, if not, biggest habbo forum in the world. Their radio is very interactive and has it's own mini-site. They've got some very uniue content and they just really know how to display themselves. Then you go and have a look at a site like habbtiles and, what has it got to offer?

iCicada
06-09-2009, 01:08 AM
Although, you can offer all these things just do it well, if you know what I mean. See, Habbox is just forums, radioa dn a bit of archive and the rest is what you would normally see on a Habbo fansite but what they have done to make their site so great is take it to a bigger extent. Habbox's forum is the second, if not, biggest habbo forum in the world. Their radio is very interactive and has it's own mini-site. They've got some very uniue content and they just really know how to display themselves. Then you go and have a look at a site like habbtiles and, what has it got to offer?
Not much.

Black_Apalachi
06-09-2009, 08:42 AM
I agree, which is why I'm debating about carrying on with my pursuit of opening a fansite but if I do I'll wait until I've got it 100% how I want it including originality.

BoyBetterKnow
06-09-2009, 10:46 AM
U wait till I've finished the habbo fansite I'm working on k.

AlexOC
06-09-2009, 10:51 AM
I AGREE

They're all the same these days.

Boonzeet
06-09-2009, 07:02 PM

Habbox's site is actually remarkably unimaginative and a lot like the others. It's not that it has any 'new' or 'cool' features; it's the fact that it has a large userbase and has been around for a long time.

If you're the first in your field to set up a website; you'll most likely be the most successful.

Sluing
06-09-2009, 07:11 PM
Habbox's site is actually remarkably unimaginative and a lot like the others. It's not that it has any 'new' or 'cool' features; it's the fact that it has a large userbase and has been around for a long time.

If you're the first in your field to set up a website; you'll most likely be the most successful.

I didn't necessarily agree to the route this thread was going. You can't entirely expect people to take you serious unless you've fully thought out your argument and presented it in a respectful manner.

I have to say I agree with Boonzeet's reply. +rep

VirtualG
07-09-2009, 05:54 AM
U wait till I've finished the habbo fansite I'm working on k.
If you can promise me it's got originality, then I cant wait :)

I think they've presented it in a way that makes it seem... unique. There content, although similiar, has almost all been made by the site itself (eg, the pixel art guides) in stead of just copying and pasting from another site. Although I disagree with your reply, I can understand why you would say that and respect it...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!