PDA

View Full Version : Rate the moderation on this forum

-WooTWooTWooT-
05-09-2009, 01:16 PM
?????????????

Immenseman
05-09-2009, 01:19 PM
I'd say 3 - Average. They do their job to a good enough standard but their is substantial room for improvement.

Molly.22
05-09-2009, 01:26 PM
I would say 4, there is great moderation in the bits of the forum I look at :D

Ed.
05-09-2009, 01:28 PM
The moderation is generally good but sometimes the Mods over moderate where it really isn't needed :)

buttons
05-09-2009, 01:32 PM
moderation in spam especially is poor. can't really comment on other areas though.

e5
05-09-2009, 01:34 PM
2 - Poor.

I find moderators edit peoples harmless posts, just because they know a little bit of background info on the user, automatically assuming they've posted to cause an argument :l

lBlue
05-09-2009, 01:40 PM
moderation is good in the sports section at last. could be better, just need to make the mods follow what that catzsy person does by handing out more warnings than infractions.

Chippiewill
05-09-2009, 01:43 PM
Many people would say moderation is poor, these are the people who get infracted a lot because they have it harder since they sometimes go over the top and therefore are treated harshly for minor things.

I feel that the moderation in general is 'Good' however for the standard of this forum I would rate it 'Average'. The mods do very well, but only as good as the rest of the teams in percentage above other forums.

Also I think that Catzsy deserves a medal/promotion.

myke
05-09-2009, 01:49 PM
Average ... most of the errors that people pick up on are usually the rules being enforced, or a rule being enforced too harshly, generally, moderation is ok.

Immenseman
05-09-2009, 02:02 PM
Many people would say moderation is poor, these are the people who get infracted a lot because they have it harder since they sometimes go over the top and therefore are treated harshly for minor things.

I feel that the moderation in general is 'Good' however for the standard of this forum I would rate it 'Average'. The mods do very well, but only as good as the rest of the teams in percentage above other forums.

I don't think many users (ones who are banned are exempt :P) have many more infractions than me, obviously some do. I still think the moderation is alright and I accept that the ones I currently have are fair :)

I agree with you about Catzsy though, fantastic for the moderation department. I genuinely think she takes it from poor > average. Without her I think I'd be voting poor which is a pretty big compliment me thinks. :)

JACKTARD
05-09-2009, 02:12 PM
I'd say 3 - Average. They do their job to a good enough standard but their is substantial room for improvement.

basically what i think.

Immenseman
05-09-2009, 02:14 PM
have to ignore me saying their instead of there though. how vile!

Chippiewill
05-09-2009, 02:15 PM
http://www.tripsmarter.com/travelcommunity/attachments/pcb-spring-break/3050d1196163734-spring-break-08-grammar-nazi2.jpghttp://mybroadband.co.za/photos/data/500/grammar-nazi2.jpg

dirrty
05-09-2009, 02:23 PM
i'd say good. all of the SMs do a good job, however i can't really say the same for all of the normal moderators. the majority do a decent job at moderating, but one or two do let the team down at times. such as i don't think i've seen a few mods doing their thang around the forum, like making edits, closing threads etc. sure theres a bit more to moderating than the things above, but i'd say those are the areas that most of members can judge upon.

but yeah, as a collective they do a good job. theres room for improvement, but that occurs everywhere and i think mattgarner is doing a good job making those improvements to make the moderating department a much more better team. sure at times some members deem certain mods quite 'strict' or whatever for making certain decisions, but at the end of the day, if ya don't like it, report it.

The Professor
05-09-2009, 02:31 PM
I can't say I come accross it enough these days to form an opinion.

Xoim
05-09-2009, 02:50 PM
Yeah I think 4 Catzy and Laurenish are pretty good, they contact me when I have done something wrong like everyone and they are also very pleasant.

Unlike other forums where mods are very dull at least HxF mods have personality :L

Caution
05-09-2009, 03:02 PM
I think it's generally good, but I see posts where they've missed it quite a lot. You can't blame them though, really. They have to put up with complete ********s most of the time.

GommeInc
05-09-2009, 03:05 PM
I voted average - Super Moderators are generally okay, but some moderators let down the team. I suggest strangling of the bad ones :)

luce
05-09-2009, 03:37 PM

I don't think many users (ones who are banned are exempt :P) have many more infractions than me, obviously some do. I still think the moderation is alright and I accept that the ones I currently have are fair :)

I agree with you about Catzsy though, fantastic for the moderation department. I genuinely think she takes it from poor > average. Without her I think I'd be voting poor which is a pretty big compliment me thinks. :)

Couldn't agree more with the compliments about Catzsy there :D:D

I voted average - Super Moderators are generally okay, but some moderators let down the team. I suggest strangling of the bad ones :)

odear :(

yeah i think there are a few people on the team who need to become more active but isn't that the same in every department? Personally i think we need a bigger team at the moment.

The moderation in spam is only strict and OTT sometimes because some members who post in there are the same? No one in there exactly makes it easy for us.

Calvin
05-09-2009, 03:54 PM
as other people said, super mods okay but some normal mods let the team down :).

cocaine
05-09-2009, 04:00 PM
im not sure if its just my lack of awareness but the only moderating i've come across has been from Hecktix and MattGarner tbh. i dont post that often however, but apart from them two i think i'd struggle to name any other moderators.

however, saying that, i'd vote average as i've not seen any posts where edits should be made and i've not seen any edits that are totally unjustified.

iAdam
05-09-2009, 08:19 PM
im not sure if its just my lack of awareness but the only moderating i've come across has been from Hecktix and MattGarner tbh. i dont post that often however, but apart from them two i think i'd struggle to name any other moderators.

however, saying that, i'd vote average as i've not seen any posts where edits should be made and i've not seen any edits that are totally unjustified.

Last months reports beg to differ ;)

leah
05-09-2009, 08:23 PM
I think it's good, it could be improved on but overall the forum is moderated well and trouble is kept to a minimum.

PriceTags
05-09-2009, 08:50 PM
I noticed a moderator replied to one of my threads regarding an Edexcel exam I had earlier this year in a part of the forum they didn't moderate at the time, and they told me I had broken the rule regarding when those exams can be discussed, when I had in fact followed the rule to a minute.

Another moderator had made a number of posts about a month (I think) before being hired as a moderator which targetted another member who doesn't use the forum any more (calling her fat, saying the apocalypse was near if she returned and some other things like that). I did complain about it at the time, and report the posts but I never received a reply.

Apart from little things like that, moderation is good, but sometimes the moderators display a strange interpretation of the rules.

xxMATTGxx
05-09-2009, 08:53 PM
i'd say good. all of the SMs do a good job, however i can't really say the same for all of the normal moderators. the majority do a decent job at moderating, but one or two do let the team down at times. such as i don't think i've seen a few mods doing their thang around the forum, like making edits, closing threads etc. sure theres a bit more to moderating than the things above, but i'd say those are the areas that most of members can judge upon.

but yeah, as a collective they do a good job. theres room for improvement, but that occurs everywhere and i think mattgarner is doing a good job making those improvements to make the moderating department a much more better team. sure at times some members deem certain mods quite 'strict' or whatever for making certain decisions, but at the end of the day, if ya don't like it, report it.

I have a good idea on who you are talking about. :P

I can't say I come accross it enough these days to form an opinion.

You make me smile :)

It is indeed a big compliment, I'm sure she will appreciate it. She already knows what I think about her, but she's a great credit to the department.

Keep the reports out of this.

I noticed a moderator replied to one of my threads regarding an Edexcel exam I had earlier this year in a part of the forum they didn't moderate at the time, and they told me I had broken the rule regarding when those exams can be discussed, when I had in fact followed the rule to a minute.

Another moderator had made a number of posts about a month (I think) before being hired as a moderator which targetted another member who doesn't use the forum any more (calling her fat, saying the apocalypse was near if she returned and some other things like that). I did complain about it at the time, and report the posts but I never received a reply.

Apart from little things like that, moderation is good, but sometimes the moderators display a strange interpretation of the rules.

Interesting.

PriceTags
05-09-2009, 09:03 PM
Interesting.

I've PMed you the relevant links.

AgnesIO
05-09-2009, 09:16 PM
Woot are you gonna ever vote yourself?

---

And it is actually quite good. The PM's are mucher nicer and more personal now, especially Catzy's - mainly because it always seems to be her that reminds me of the rules :D They are nice PM's, so yeh the quality of moderating is good.

-WooTWooTWooT-
05-09-2009, 09:27 PM
I don't need to vote, I'm sure most people would know what I think :P

AgnesIO
05-09-2009, 09:30 PM
I don't need to vote, I'm sure most people would know what I think :P

Fair enough :P

Btw I hate you. Supporting Stoke u noob. You robbed up in the Carling Cup >:{

Lol haha, just joking with you :)

Arch
05-09-2009, 09:37 PM
I say 4 (Good) because there is always room for improvement so you cant rly vote perfect. andddddd yerrr as said before I see alot more SMod edits and stuff then normal Mods but i guess that just depends on the section and stuff/whos online when it happens?

cocaine
05-09-2009, 09:50 PM

well yeah, but i was stating what i've seen from my own point of view. i dont care about reports, i was clarifying the level of moderation i myself see across the forum.

Hecktix
05-09-2009, 10:16 PM
The thing I feel the need to highlight here is that all of our moderators here at HxF are human.

What I don't believe a lot of people realise is that every decision we make is based on our own judgement and this is something that is not easy as we are aiming to be as fair as we possibly can.

The thing with the spam forum for instance - is it's almost impossible to keep up with who is friends with who, who will take what as a joke and all the personal private jokes which fly around. I think the rules in spam are extremely leniant, yes some moderators make mistakes however may I refer back to my original point - we are only human.

At the end of the day I can remember a time when permanent bans were issued for saying bad things towards general management????

People are given a hell of a lot more chances nowadays.

No rules can be 100% accurate and no moderation can be 100% perfect unless some clever dude comes up with an automatic moderation system which scans posts for rule breaks.. and let's face it - we practically have this - we have Catzsy :P

As for previous comments on moderator activity - most moderators are quite active.

Cocaine (sorry to refer to you by forum name Matt - it simplifies things), you mention moderation by myself & MattGarner, as you say you don't post enough :P but you also see thousands of edits by the likes of Catzsy, Mobile, iAdam (who seems to have been moderating like a computer himself this summer :P), Luccy, Paul & Robbie.

If a post gets reported you have 100% guaruntee it'll be checked by one of the four s'mods and you have the word of us normal mods that we scan threads & will always be on hand to explain our decisions etc to members.

Members need to know where to draw the line.

There are very few members on this forum without an infraction (expired or existing) or a usernote.

Some have more, but they don't make a habit of breaking rules.

When moderation are constantly tried by continuous rule breakers it's very difficult to know what's breaking rules & what isn't - but to be honest looking at the amount of reversed infractions most mods make few mistakes and when they do they themselves are the first to admit it.

I myself just PM'd Catzsy and asked her to reverse an infraction I issued in the midst of a crazy arguement which in hindsight I believed too harsh.

All I'm saying is if you experienced the task we do, you may be a little less likely to slate us for every move we make.

efq
05-09-2009, 10:38 PM
2 - Poor.

I find moderators edit peoples harmless posts, just because they know a little bit of background info on the user, automatically assuming they've posted to cause an argument :l
Yeah, I get accused of something and report someone who did EXACTLY the same and nothing happened to them. Some moderators just like to edit posts for the sake of it, I swear.

I will stick by my vote until I notice personally an improvement.

THERE IS NO EXCUSE.

Immenseman
05-09-2009, 11:14 PM
Yeah, I get accused of something and report someone who did EXACTLY the same and nothing happened to them. Some moderators just like to edit posts for the sake of it, I swear.

I will stick by my vote until I notice personally an improvement.

THERE IS NO EXCUSE.
Then you can make a complaint. PM someone. Not really a reason to say it's that bad when you're judging on one post.

The Professor
05-09-2009, 11:42 PM
You make me smile :)

I make everyone smile dear :P

xxMATTGxx
05-09-2009, 11:45 PM

But you make me smile different though ;)

Kardan
05-09-2009, 11:46 PM
It's alright, it's good in some places, but other places need vast improvements.

Catzsy however, is very good at her job, moderation would be pretty darn near perfect if we had about 20 Catzsy clones running about the place :)

GommeInc
06-09-2009, 12:01 AM
... Get a room you two, please! Urgh!

Catzsy however, is very good at her job, moderation would be pretty darn near perfect if we had about 20 Catzsy clones running about the place :)
I had the same opinion, until she edited one of my posts. The evil woman! She's been gagging to red tape me for weeks, and she got me :@

Catzsy
06-09-2009, 09:05 AM
... Get a room you two, please! Urgh!

I had the same opinion, until she edited one of my posts. The evil woman! She's been gagging to red tape me for weeks, and she got me :@

I think the key word there is edited. I wish all members were like you! :D

AgnesIO
06-09-2009, 09:17 AM
It's alright, it's good in some places, but other places need vast improvements.

Agreed, if we ever had to pick a mod manager instead of forum manager (like two seperate roles) and it had to be a current mod, catzy would be in first place.

dogboy123
06-09-2009, 09:24 AM
I think its very very good.

I doi agree Rosie, is a very very good smod and well yeah. The forum team is always improving and I think they're doing a great job!

Wd

Immenseman
06-09-2009, 10:05 AM
what if rosie gets AFM and then she won't do modding duties as much :O freefall!!!!!!!!

dogboy123
06-09-2009, 10:10 AM
But she'll pass her leetness onto the team!

xxMATTGxx
06-09-2009, 11:05 AM
what if rosie gets AFM and then she won't do modding duties as much :O freefall!!!!!!!!

If she did get AFM, I can see her still doing her Super Moderator job to be honest as well.

Correct! :P

UrbanRyan
06-09-2009, 12:04 PM
I don't use the forum that much, in fact hardly ever. But from what I've seen I would rate it about 4, as they is still quite a bit of spam and pointlessly posting going on.

Catzsy
06-09-2009, 12:20 PM

Well thanks for this but there are many very capable and hardworking people that deserve a chance and they have been on Habbox a lot longer than me and I have not been back very long. :)

Immenseman
06-09-2009, 12:22 PM
stop being so modest girl

myke
06-09-2009, 12:25 PM
Ok, why has this thread turned into a "big me up" thread... Some moderators are just too much winkle picking, looking for the slightest of errors to infract for to get their reports up, well, that is how I see some of the edits, not all, but some are unjust.

Catzsy
06-09-2009, 12:30 PM
Ok, why has this thread turned into a "big me up" thread... Some moderators are just too much winkle picking, looking for the slightest of errors to infract for to get their reports up, well, that is how I see some of the edits, not all, but some are unjust.

Huh? I think that's somewhat unfair. Have you reported these edits? If not, can you be more specific? Also mod logs are nowhere near as important as they used to be under the present Forum Management which is great to see. They used to be considered to be the be all and end all of moderating a period of time . The amount of warnings and infractions has decreased dramatically since I was last at Habbox. I think that some for of the people in this thread have made quite a lot of sweeping statements without actually backing them up with anything credible. The only edits that have increased as far as I can see are related to spam because of pointless posting [which mods can now deal with] and not complying with forum specific rules about which there has been a lot of complaints in the last couple of months. Spamming these sections has caused a lot of annoyance to the members of the trading section and Graphics section and now we have a couple of mods that really are dedicated to keeping it to a minimum which can only be good as far as I am concerned.

Immenseman
06-09-2009, 12:31 PM
the thing is people who moan endlessly, i would single them out but it's pretty clear looking around the forum don't notice the good edits and moderating just the bits that aren't so good, which they always think is them being targeted. everyone gets infractions and everyone makes mistakes. some people need to grasp that.

myke
06-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Huh? Have you reported these edits?

no because they're editing for the rules but taking the rule simply a step too far. & you can't report anything now without the person finding out so what's the point lol

Catzsy
06-09-2009, 12:48 PM
no because they're editing for the rules but taking the rule simply a step too far. & you can't report anything now without the person finding out so what's the point lol

Huh? Examples, Myke and nobody knows who has reported posts as far as I am aware. I am not saying you don't have a point - I am just saying I am unaware of what you actually mean.

xxMATTGxx
06-09-2009, 01:01 PM

The amount of infractions given are no longer included in the Moderator Reports.

AgnesIO
06-09-2009, 02:18 PM
Well thanks for this but there are many very capable and hardworking people that deserve a chance and they have been on Habbox a lot longer than me and I have not been back very long. :)

Dont be so modest :D

myke
06-09-2009, 02:28 PM
Huh? Examples, Myke and nobody knows who has reported posts as far as I am aware. I am not saying you don't have a point - I am just saying I am unaware of what you actually mean.

No, it just annoys me, and probably other members (unless it's just me it happens to), most times when a post is reported the person reported knows about it.

Catzsy
06-09-2009, 03:57 PM
No, it just annoys me, and probably other members (unless it's just me it happens to), most times when a post is reported the person reported knows about it.

Well I seriously don't think there is any truth in this, Myke, I have dealt with absolutely loads in the last couple of days and certainly haven't revealed who reported them to anybody unless I have to forward say to nvrspk4 or Matt. I am sure that if I did I would get into serious trouble as divulging information out of the staff forums is against the staff rules.

Immenseman
06-09-2009, 04:05 PM
I don't think staff actually care any more if they break the rules to be honest. Long time since staff were disciplined properly as far as I'm concerned.

Catzsy
06-09-2009, 04:10 PM
I don't think staff actually care any more if they break the rules to be honest. Long time since staff were disciplined properly as far as I'm concerned.

Well I care and I am sure the Forum Management do too, Jake.

Immenseman
06-09-2009, 04:16 PM
However, I think a lot of the members know that staff can get away with murder. I'm not going to criticise them because I wasn't the best role model when I was staff either. However, I always made sure that when on the forum I represented it well and ensured I didn't let Habbox down. The events I participated on outside of Habbox eventually let me down. Anyway, the thing is staff don't care about this any more because they know they can get away with it.

I think there are going to be changes pretty soon which will hopefully eradicate such issues. Some staff members are just as bad as any of the members and under old regimes they would have been fired long ago.

lick
06-09-2009, 04:27 PM
some mods love the edit button to much

myke
06-09-2009, 04:30 PM
Well I seriously don't think there is any truth in this, Myke, I have dealt with absolutely loads in the last couple of days and certainly haven't revealed who reported them to anybody unless I have to forward say to nvrspk4 or Matt. I am sure that if I did I would get into serious trouble as divulging information out of the staff forums is against the staff rules.

oh, so I'm lying?

there was an incident recently, which just proves my point, i'm not dropping anyone in it because it's been dealt with bla bla whatever...

there's no knowing what goes on, and i didn't say you ;)

-WooTWooTWooT-
06-09-2009, 04:31 PM
I think there's a serious problem with mods doing what their friends on msn tell them to do.

lick
06-09-2009, 04:34 PM
I think there's a serious problem with mods doing what their friends on msn tell them to do.

dont be silly :D

Catzsy
06-09-2009, 04:35 PM
oh, so I'm lying?

there was an incident recently, which just proves my point, i'm not dropping anyone in it because it's been dealt with bla bla whatever...

there's no knowing what goes on, and i didn't say you ;)

No not at all. I am not saying that ... but if there is a leak/misunderstanding it should be dealt with. Members should feel they can report posts with confidence knowing that it will be kept confidential unless they agree otherwise for any reason. I take what you say seriously.

myke
06-09-2009, 04:36 PM
No not at all. I am not saying that ... but if there is a leak/misunderstanding it should be dealt with. Members should feel they can report posts with confidence knowing that it will be kept confidential unless they agree otherwise for any reason. I take what you say seriously.

good, because it's a pain in the bum. :)

Immenseman
06-09-2009, 04:39 PM
Good to see with 48 votes, 41 people have voted average and upwards.

Barkseh
06-09-2009, 04:59 PM
i don't really come on here often now so i don't have much to go on. if I had to choose one tho i'd say average coz of some of the silly infractions, warnings and PMs i've recieved lol.

GommeInc
06-09-2009, 07:52 PM
I think the key word there is edited. I wish all members were like you! :D
That's like chucking blood on a lovely faux fur coat. You naturists and naturalists discust me! :@

Pixet
06-09-2009, 07:59 PM
I'd say it's good enough. I haven't seen much arguements. But even though I'm not a big poster, I know to stay away from 'Spam' because from what I see, it's like it's own little community where not everyone is accepted. I prefer the overall forum moderation but the Spam section could be improved.

Hecktix
06-09-2009, 08:02 PM
I'd say it's good enough. I haven't seen much arguements. But even though I'm not a big poster, I know to stay away from 'Spam' because from what I see, it's like it's own little community where not everyone is accepted. I prefer the overall forum moderation but the Spam section could be improved.

Everybody is welcome to post in spam, if there are any issues of people feeling unwelcome/unwanted then any reported posts will be dealt with or you could PM me or one of the other General moderators and we'll look into it (:

Inseriousity.
06-09-2009, 08:08 PM
I voted 'Good' but now that MattGarner has been hacked (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?p=6039365#post6039365) I have to say it's very poor.

lolol, oj. Moderation around the forum is good for me. I've never had a reason to complain against them as I'm a good boy :eusa_whis

GommeInc
06-09-2009, 08:26 PM
I voted 'Good' but now that MattGarner has been hacked (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?p=6039365#post6039365) I have to say it's very poor.

lolol, oj. Moderation around the forum is good for me. I've never had a reason to complain against them as I'm a good boy :eusa_whis
That's kinda mean, giving him a virus just so you can make a game out of it :/ It better be a crippling virus though, we need the peace :P

xxMATTGxx
07-09-2009, 07:48 AM

>:[

That's kinda mean, giving him a virus just so you can make a game out of it :/ It better be a crippling virus though, we need the peace :P

:o How rude!!!! :D

nvrspk4
07-09-2009, 07:59 AM

Someone told him he could have free cookies if he downloaded their program. He did.

I find it interesting who voted poor and who voted average+.

I think the consensus is that moderation is pretty good but as always there is room for improvement.

I think that its very difficult for moderators to get a "good" rating because for MOST people their interaction with them will be when they're punished. Few would give a good review for that :P Though I'm sure there are some.

kre8ive
07-09-2009, 08:25 AM
In comparison with ClubHabbo, this forum has a great moderation team. So, I'd say 4 it's quite good.

Chippiewill
07-09-2009, 08:49 AM
I think that its very difficult for moderators to get a "good" rating because for MOST people their interaction with them will be when they're punished. Few would give a good review for that :P Though I'm sure there are some.

I rated it with 'Fair Punishments/Warnings and Interaction level Vs. Unfair Punishments/Warnings & missed wrong doing' with the unfair with double weight. I ended up rating good. You shouldn't complain if you did wrong, you should complain if you got something reversed.

RandomManJay
07-09-2009, 10:18 AM
I've never had a problem and whenever I complain about anything there has always been a quick response :P.

Hecktix
07-09-2009, 10:28 AM
To clarify, the reason I voted very good is because I know we do our best.

However there is a lot of improvements needed before going from very good to excellent ;)

Black_Apalachi
07-09-2009, 10:44 AM
have to ignore me saying their instead of there though. how vile!

-rep for bad gramerz!

I put 4. You can't say it's bad as a whole, but there is room for improvement. Considering they are volunteers working on a non-profit forum, it's substancially better than you would expect :).

e5
07-09-2009, 10:48 AM
The Smods are good, just not the mods

Special
07-09-2009, 10:50 AM

I agree

-WooTWooTWooT-
07-09-2009, 02:49 PM
To clarify, the reason I voted very good is because I know we do our best.

However there is a lot of improvements needed before going from very good to excellent ;)
e.g. firing you.

lick
07-09-2009, 05:16 PM
e.g. firing you.

aww don't be mean to oli, he is trying his best to get rec for smod

xxMATTGxx
07-09-2009, 05:40 PM
e.g. firing you.

Getting rid of one person, who isn't the problem, would solve everything? I don't think so. :P

Andys
07-09-2009, 05:55 PM
1 - Very poor. (based on the moderation mostly in the sports section)

Ajthedragon
07-09-2009, 06:00 PM
I think the moderation is great, but they do overreact to posts sometimes.

Chippiewill
07-09-2009, 07:30 PM
1 - Very poor. (based on the moderation mostly in the sports section)

Well if the sports section would behave....

-WooTWooTWooT-
07-09-2009, 08:02 PM
Well if the sports section would behave....
Which it does :rolleyes:

Plank
07-09-2009, 08:46 PM
The moderation is generally good but sometimes the Mods over moderate where it really isn't needed :)

2 - Poor.

I think the moderation is great, but they do overreact to posts sometimes.
I have to agree with you guys, which is why I have voted poor. It was very good a few months ago, maybe even a month ago, but the few threads I do read seem to have a lot of posts removed or accused of arguments lately, when it isn't really needed. Other than that, I think it is good.

Catzsy
07-09-2009, 08:50 PM
Well this has been a good feedback thread, I believe from the members who have not just made sweeping statements without anything really to back up what they say. One thing not mentioned are the very supportive members who do support us in helping to keep the forum clean - they deserve a 5 for reporting rule breaking all over the forum which certainly makes our jobs a lot easier. Also worthy of a mention are the majority of members who do abide by the rules and if they want something changed file a thread in feedback as to why it is needed. We are not perfect and can always learn something from our members but this is only possible with the input of the Community we serve.

Chippiewill
08-09-2009, 01:41 PM
Which it does :rolleyes:

not

GommeInc
08-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Getting rid of one person, who isn't the problem, would solve everything? I don't think so. :P
Agreed, the only sensible thing is getting rid of that problematic Forum Manager :D

I think one small lesson that could be learnt for the moderators is to up their common sense in some cases. But generally they have the inteilligence to take action where action is due. Some over-react, but it's very rare (this is going by current experience). As someone mentioned, the moderation in the sports section might need looking into.

Love you x

xxMATTGxx
08-09-2009, 09:50 PM
Agreed, the only sensible thing is getting rid of that problematic Forum Manager :D

I think one small lesson that could be learnt for the moderators is to up their common sense in some cases. But generally they have the inteilligence to take action where action is due. Some over-react, but it's very rare (this is going by current experience). As someone mentioned, the moderation in the sports section might need looking into.

Love you x

That's it, we are over! :(

nvrspk4
09-09-2009, 06:50 AM

Love you x

Agreed on all counts though I think its not always common sense. Its walking into a situation and seeing it from a different vantage point than someone else. And in all honesty, that can't be completely avoided, there WILL be different perceptions and quite often 99% of people take a post one way and a poster takes a post the other way. There is an attempt at communication, but at the same time how easy it to spin a post that was intended to break the rules and bully?

Its a hard thing for them to balance and while they don't get it right 100% of the time, they try their hardest and the mistakes are usually corrected along the line.

PS: Want the job?

Hecktix
09-09-2009, 06:59 AM
I think this feedback thread has proved very useful.

GommeInc
09-09-2009, 12:31 PM
Agreed on all counts though I think its not always common sense. Its walking into a situation and seeing it from a different vantage point than someone else. And in all honesty, that can't be completely avoided, there WILL be different perceptions and quite often 99% of people take a post one way and a poster takes a post the other way. There is an attempt at communication, but at the same time how easy it to spin a post that was intended to break the rules and bully?

Its a hard thing for them to balance and while they don't get it right 100% of the time, they try their hardest and the mistakes are usually corrected along the line.

PS: Want the job?
No thanks, I'm waiting for the GM position, as you agreed months ago :P

I've noticed on quite a few forums I've used in the past and presently (maybe the future :O), that some moderators post in threads to get both sides of the story and calm things down. It looks effective, it just depends how lazy people are though.

IceNineKills
14-09-2009, 11:00 PM
the moderation is amazing, i want to make love with all moderators.

Laggings
15-09-2009, 12:21 AM
4 Good - Only on 'off' times I sometimes have trouble finding someone to lock my very old news posts :D

lBlue
15-09-2009, 08:29 PM
Changing it to a 1.

It's shocking, the only good thing in the sports section is Hecktix. Since Catzsy has changed posistions or something it's been an infraction frenzy in the sports section.

Chippiewill
15-09-2009, 08:48 PM
Catzsy for Queen Mod - The forum is falling apart :(

lBlue
15-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Changing it to a 1.

It's shocking, the only good thing in the sports section is Hecktix. Since Catzsy has changed posistions or something it's been an infraction frenzy in the sports section.
Just like to add Robbie puts in a decent shift from time to time. ;):P

xxMATTGxx
16-09-2009, 07:15 AM
Changing it to a 1.

Over one infraction that got reversed anyway, not too much to complain about.

Pyroka
16-09-2009, 07:48 AM
I gave it a 5, only because I have seen alot more people who purposely break the rules, getting told off for it. The MODs are even starting to clue in on peoples 'private jokes', which has always been a pet hate for me in the Spam Forum. I think the Moderation team could do better though, but (not to brown nose) since MattGarner has become Forum Manager I'd say the improvement has been pretty immense.

I think some powers that the MODs have aren't being used much either, like forum bans, I've only heard of one person getting that... Should be used a bit more methinks. Correct me if I'm wrong for it not being used, thats just what I've heard. :P

xxMATTGxx
16-09-2009, 07:52 AM
I gave it a 5, only because I have seen alot more people who purposely break the rules, getting told off for it. The MODs are even starting to clue in on peoples 'private jokes', which has always been a pet hate for me in the Spam Forum. I think the Moderation team could do better though, but (not to brown nose) since MattGarner has become Forum Manager I'd say the improvement has been pretty immense.

I think some powers that the MODs have aren't being used much either, like forum bans, I've only heard of one person getting that... Should be used a bit more methinks. Correct me if I'm wrong for it not being used, thats just what I've heard. :P

Thanks and your question to forum bans, more than one person has been banned from a specific forum for a period of time. But that wasn't in spam. :P

Pyroka
16-09-2009, 07:54 AM
Thanks and your question to forum bans, more than one person has been banned from a specific forum for a period of time. But that wasn't in spam. :P

Oh okay then ^^ Haha I just noticed when looking at who voted for what in the poll, theres a bit of a trend going on... The law-abiding citizens are voting 4s and 5s, and as you go lower and lower you start noticing the naughty names LMAOO.

Immenseman
16-09-2009, 08:33 AM
da hardcore rebelz_x i cant see what people voted.

Pyroka
16-09-2009, 08:36 AM
da hardcore rebelz_x i cant see what people voted.

Just click on the numbers, theyre underlined as links tbh. :) :) :) Its a fun little tool for those "do u dislike x-person" :']

Immenseman
16-09-2009, 08:37 AM
wow, never knew that :8

Pyroka
16-09-2009, 08:40 AM
wow, never knew that :8

Learn something new about these forums everyday ;) its like I never knew when you -rep someone it only uses half your rep points... ;) LOL AMY TOLD ME YOU TOLD HER THAT :D :D :D

Immenseman
16-09-2009, 08:40 AM
yessss, my knowledge on hxf is spreading_x

I LOVE THE FACT YOU AND HER TALK ABOUT HXF IRL LOL

Pyroka
16-09-2009, 08:43 AM
yessss, my knowledge on hxf is spreading_x

I LOVE THE FACT YOU AND HER TALK ABOUT HXF IRL LOL

LMAO SHUSH ITS JUST ONE OF THOSE THINGS, YKNOW ITS LIKE TALKING ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED IN EASTENDERS LAST NIGHT!

Instead we just talk about what happened on HxF last night... :( LOL. Soon you'll know everything about HxF, from the height of the forum manager to the mean weight of all the Forum MODs... and you'll find out nvrspk4's name ;O :O :O

lBlue
16-09-2009, 08:47 AM
Over one infraction that got reversed anyway, not too much to complain about.
Should never of happened. The MOD in question saw the thread and instantly infracted. Club support got in the way of moderating. Despicable. :eusa_naug

xxMATTGxx
16-09-2009, 09:18 AM
Should never of happened. The MOD in question saw the thread and instantly infracted. Club support got in the way of moderating. Despicable. :eusa_naug

Everyone makes mistakes in life.

millermil121
16-09-2009, 09:44 AM

buttons
16-09-2009, 12:25 PM

not at all...
only time i've seen people being punished for private jokes is when it's aimed at a moderator or certain members, i really believe there are different rules for different people on here. i've seen a lot of examples of it and some moderators do take things personally, i'm pretty sure there will be one person that says that's ridiculous and another who says THEY don't do that which just backs up my point that they do indeed take it personally.. i wouldn't say i'm that much of a trouble maker and the ones that voted it high tend to be staff (from what i can see anyway) so they aren't likely to get punished (it's true, so many people shoulda been fired but *SOMEONE* likes to make excuses for them), i'm not even going into it because again so many people take things personally and make it out they're always right :rolleyes:
although i do agree it's gotten better since matt became forum manager, mainly because he was a regular in spam where there are a lot of trouble so he'll know better if some people are joking or really meaning to insult others i spose

Pyroka
16-09-2009, 02:07 PM
not at all...
only time i've seen people being punished for private jokes is when it's aimed at a moderator or certain members, i really believe there are different rules for different people on here. i've seen a lot of examples of it and some moderators do take things personally, i'm pretty sure there will be one person that says that's ridiculous and another who says THEY don't do that which just backs up my point that they do indeed take it personally.. i wouldn't say i'm that much of a trouble maker and the ones that voted it high tend to be staff (from what i can see anyway) so they aren't likely to get punished (it's true, so many people shoulda been fired but *SOMEONE* likes to make excuses for them), i'm not even going into it because again so many people take things personally and make it out they're always right :rolleyes:
although i do agree it's gotten better since matt became forum manager, mainly because he was a regular in spam where there are a lot of trouble so he'll know better if some people are joking or really meaning to insult others i spose

Back in the day nobody got infracted for targeting a moderator or certain members at all, so I'd say thats progression. Hell I'll even go as far to say I've been infracted for targeting members, can't say they're doing a bad job xD I'd agree with you though, on how certain moderators have grudges against members, nothing can be proven though given its done through the channels which aren't exactly recorded.

I guess it was a while ago though that it happened, but some moderators do put their personal feelings in front of their thinking minds. Agree with you on Matt though, he still sorta is a regular in Spam anyway so he knows the 411.

Immenseman
16-09-2009, 02:51 PM
i don't think any member of the moderation department understands half the genuine meanings of threads, regardless of them posting in there it doesn't mean they can moderate any better. at the end of the day i'm not going to moan endlessly, truth is i have a lot of infractions/warning and one of the highest user note count yet i don't go around thinking moderation is rubbish and that they're out to get me yet i suppose that's because i have been a moderator myself and can empathasise with both sides of the divide so to speak.

Richie
16-09-2009, 03:35 PM
I chose 'good' only because if I chose 'very good' it would make me seem biased, I chose good because any-time I have a problem on the forum the forum staff will normally sort it. The only time I have been contact about something wrong on the forum was about my avatar and signature being oversized which is understandable, I have never got an infraction on the forum, so I can't really fault on how they punish people, but I'm sure they have procedures and rules to follow through before they give infraction's to forum members that don't abide by the rules.

lBlue
16-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Everyone makes mistakes in life.
Should be professionals on the beat. :eusa_droo

xxMATTGxx
16-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Should be professionals on the beat. :eusa_droo

Even professionals make mistakes from time to time.

lick
16-09-2009, 06:47 PM
not at all...
only time i've seen people being punished for private jokes is when it's aimed at a moderator or certain members,

This part, a thread of mine got closed for targeting another members.. when the thread was aimed at you LOL

and tbh i see alot of private joke threads that are aimed at people and i know they are aimed at people but if i report them i need to get proof and thats just effort, and when i do report them and provide proof they don't get closed and i get the reason " remember i let you off with a private joke"

Im a rare exception, i never make them :8

GommeInc
17-09-2009, 12:09 AM
Oh okay then ^^ Haha I just noticed when looking at who voted for what in the poll, theres a bit of a trend going on... The law-abiding citizens are voting 4s and 5s, and as you go lower and lower you start noticing the naughty names LMAOO.
I voted 3, and very very very very rarely get infractions (only had like one, and that was years ago). :P

GoldenMerc
17-09-2009, 06:58 AM
Heh, i get infractions like every week, some for rediulas things :L

Accipiter
17-09-2009, 09:30 AM
i'll rate it a 3 for moderation, i know moderators don't make the rules but the -2 is because some of the rules are unnecessary, were teens not 8 year olds.

Immenseman
17-09-2009, 09:40 AM
i'll rate it a 3 for moderation, i know moderators don't make the rules but the -2 is because some of the rules are unnecessary, were teens not 8 year olds.
give me an example of a rule that would be good for 8 year olds but not for us because we're teenagers.

GommeInc
17-09-2009, 11:38 AM
give me an example of a rule that would be good for 8 year olds but not for us because we're teenagers.
A9. Do not post on the forum using a different language
Even 8 year olds would see that is pointless, let alone teens :P

A10. Do not be a negative factor on the forum
How can that be justified? Technically that's opinion, and can be heavily abused. If anything, what makes up the rule can be found in the other rules - rudeness, swearing, bullying... All negative factors

A13. Leave moderating to the moderators.
This rule is debateable, some people say things which can technically be considered "acting as a moderator" when really they're just a conflicting opinion. Like if I told you to "Stop swearing", then technically that's against this rule as saying "Do not insult or be rude to other members, and always respect other people’s opinions." Also telling someone to stop spamming, being pointless and so forth. This rule should technically be written out as "A13. Leave moderating to the moderators - Do not take individual or group action on a member who maybe breaking the rules. If someone is breaking the rules, report it to a moderator."
- In other words, this rule is kinda treating everyone like 8 year olds, we follow the rules so it's expected for us to hope other people do too :/

B3. Do not pretend to work for Habbo(x) when this is not the case
This one is common sense. It doesn't need to be a rule. If someone is pretending, it's obvious. This rule belongs in the stone age.

I WIN :D

Black_Apalachi
17-09-2009, 01:29 PM
I do hate the way that leave modding to mods rule is enforced :P. Saying 'don't swear' is hardly the same as;
'Edited by Robald (Wannabe Forum Moderator): Please do not avoid the forum filter. Thanks. :)'
lol.

Immenseman
17-09-2009, 01:59 PM
they're all more than valid rules for teenagers. i win.

lick
17-09-2009, 05:03 PM
I do hate the way that leave modding to mods rule is enforced :P. Saying 'don't swear' is hardly the same as;
'Edited by Robald (Wannabe Forum Moderator): Please do not avoid the forum filter. Thanks. :)'
lol.

i remember i said to you "lol i just noticed your avoided the filter" and catszy edited my post and pm'd me saying i would be infraction if it happened again LOL

Accipiter
17-09-2009, 06:03 PM

the main one that came to mind while writing it was the swearing and filter, The forum is not aimed at oxford university students who lick their parents arse to get somewhere in life. Nor do they use this forum, the forum in my eyes is aimed at more familys with just stable income and ****, cause tbf, what child would play on habbo if their parents could buy them horses and go-kart memberships?

lBlue
17-09-2009, 06:12 PM
The risk is ran higher when the managers don't sort out decent training for the professionals. :eusa_snoo:eusa_ange

Robbie
17-09-2009, 06:17 PM
The risk is ran higher when the managers don't sort out decent training for the professionals. :eusa_snoo:eusa_ange

The moderation guide is extremely detailed and contains everything every moderator would need to know, it just needs more than 1 read through.

Immenseman
17-09-2009, 06:21 PM
it's so boring though.

xxMATTGxx
17-09-2009, 06:28 PM

Lmao, you do make me laugh. The guide is detailed for the Moderators to read. If they have any further questions then they can contact myself or one of the Super Moderators. Everyone makes mistakes in life, no one is perfect sadly. Even the most trained up workers can do mistakes. It's not the end of the world. :)

The Professor
17-09-2009, 06:51 PM
the main one that came to mind while writing it was the swearing and filter, The forum is not aimed at oxford university students who lick their parents arse to get somewhere in life. Nor do they use this forum, the forum in my eyes is aimed at more familys with just stable income and ****, cause tbf, what child would play on habbo if their parents could buy them horses and go-kart memberships?

There are filters on many, many forums, they're not there to keep kids from seeing swear words they're there because the forum is a better place without people effing and blinding every other word. And are you saying people who go to Oxford never swear? Have you never seen Steven Fry on the TV? He's probably the most intelligent, posh guy on TV and he swears when its funny/necessary/when he wants to. It has nothing to do with income or class whatsoever.

Accipiter
17-09-2009, 07:54 PM
There are filters on many, many forums, they're not there to keep kids from seeing swear words they're there because the forum is a better place without people effing and blinding every other word. And are you saying people who go to Oxford never swear? Have you never seen Steven Fry on the TV? He's probably the most intelligent, posh guy on TV and he swears when its funny/necessary/when he wants to. It has nothing to do with income or class whatsoever.

So you say if you see the same ammount of posh people swear as you do middle class?

And yes many many forums have filters, but many many forums arn't based around teen communitys to where we try to expresses our selves, and i only disliked the filter rule because i got warned then infracted for saying abbreviated sentences with swear words in and then infracted for adding my own * to it... tbf i think 3 is quite alright, its average.

iDenning
17-09-2009, 07:58 PM
The moderation is fantastic, you can't fault it. You only moan because you get caught doing something wrong :P When you report something it's dealt with within a few hours and the support is great.

Ofc, it would be better with me in it :eusa_whis

The Professor
17-09-2009, 08:22 PM
So you say if you see the same ammount of posh people swear as you do middle class?

And yes many many forums have filters, but many many forums arn't based around teen communitys to where we try to expresses our selves, and i only disliked the filter rule because i got warned then infracted for saying abbreviated sentences with swear words in and then infracted for adding my own * to it... tbf i think 3 is quite alright, its average.

Yep. To me posh and middle class are synonymous anyway (I'm such lower class scum :P), I've met plenty of people like you describe who go to private schools and have rich families and all that and they swear as much as the scum I've met from up north. Stereotypes are a very weak basis for an argument!

You can express yourself without cluttering up the forum with obscenities, Ye Olde Gomme has to be one of the angriest internet users I've met and he does it without the use of swear words :P

jackass
17-09-2009, 08:24 PM
The moderation guide is extremely detailed and contains everything every moderator would need to know, it just needs more than 1 read through.

I completely agree, back when I was a mod the guide was incredibly detailed and very helpful!

lBlue
17-09-2009, 09:20 PM
Should put down a section on the moderator applications about how much people read and whether or not they enjoy it. Would mean it wouldn't take more than one read through so when the moderators hit the sports section they don't act like a raging bull whose seen blue red. :eusa_shhh:big_grin:

Lmao, you do make me laugh. The guide is detailed for the Moderators to read. If they have any further questions then they can contact myself or one of the Super Moderators. Everyone makes mistakes in life, no one is perfect sadly. Even the most trained up workers can do mistakes. It's not the end of the world. :)
You say that now however with the scientific leaps and bounds we're progressing through right now we could see a real life Robocop in a few years. :blue_smil

And what happens if a member of the American Presidents agents launched a nuke by accident which would blow up all of the continents? It'll pretty much be the end of the world then. :eusa_thin:eusa_ange

Immenseman
17-09-2009, 09:22 PM
That's right, lets compare someone giving an unfair infraction to the world ending. Evident flaw is that one has and will happened on a regular basis, the latter has never happened.

xxMATTGxx
17-09-2009, 09:32 PM
Should put down a section on the moderator applications about how much people read and whether or not they enjoy it. Would mean it wouldn't take more than one read through so when the moderators hit the sports section they don't act like a raging bull whose seen blue red. :eusa_shhh:big_grin:

You say that now however with the scientific leaps and bounds we're progressing through right now we could see a real life Robocop in a few years. :blue_smil

And what happens if a member of the American Presidents agents launched a nuke by accident which would blow up all of the continents? It'll pretty much be the end of the world then. :eusa_thin:eusa_ange

Look, you posted; I proved your points wrong with the actual views. End of; you got an infraction it was reversed because it wasn't full on worth an infraction. These things happen, now drop it.

Ps. President Obama and Nukes is another situation and the chances of that happening is very slim. Plus there is probably an abort system anyway.

GommeInc
17-09-2009, 09:48 PM
they're all more than valid rules for teenagers. i win.
In what way do you make such a radical claim? I gave reasons, you didn't. I win ;)

Sammeth.
17-09-2009, 09:51 PM
I haven't heard many Habbox/Nazi Germany comparisons these days. What went wrong? They used to be all the rage :(

Immenseman
17-09-2009, 09:52 PM
i have sierk on my team. i win.

GommeInc
17-09-2009, 09:55 PM
SHUT IT HITLER! All of you are out to get us, maaaaan. All of you, MattGardener, YOU, neverspeak4... You all want to gas us :@

Now go put a dong on it ;)

i have sierk on my team. i win.
Well I have Chuck Norris:

I'm with Gomme on this one. NOW HIT MEEEEEE :@

xxMATTGxx
17-09-2009, 09:55 PM
I haven't heard many Habbox/Nazi Germany comparisons these days. What went wrong? They used to be all the rage :(

Now you have reminded them all. :(

SHUT IT HITLER! All of you are out to get us, maaaaan. All of you, MattGarner, YOU, neverspeak4... You all want to gas us :@

DAM IT, WE NOW NEED A NEW PLANNNNN!!! >:[

StefanWolves
17-09-2009, 10:03 PM
Changing it to a 1.

I agree, Rosie was amazing (and I'm sure she still is, but she doesn't have time/can't Moderate the Sports section much anymore), and Oli is to, he moderates very well, and he is also a good friend to.

On the whole, the Moderation (IMO) is simple, SMODs are good, normal MODs not so good. But that's my opinion.

I should be a MOD for sports forum!!!!!!! :)

Honestly though, someone who uses and knows what the Sports forum/Sports in general is like should be a Moderator their, it'd make the section better on the whole.

The Professor
17-09-2009, 10:04 PM

MAD left.

BURRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNN

Immenseman
17-09-2009, 10:06 PM
Everyone knew Catzsy was by far the best moderator and hard working member of the department, so it was a shame to see her promoted, in a way. However, applications are open so hopefully the gulf she has left along with Josh and Paul will be filled by some of the current moderators and then the new trialists will fill in the positions left.

lBlue
18-09-2009, 06:39 AM
I agree, Rosie was amazing (and I'm sure she still is, but she doesn't have time/can't Moderate the Sports section much anymore), and Oli is to, he moderates very well, and he is also a good friend to.

On the whole, the Moderation (IMO) is simple, SMODs are good, normal MODs not so good. But that's my opinion.

I should be a MOD for sports forum!!!!!!! :)

Honestly though, someone who uses and knows what the Sports forum/Sports in general is like should be a Moderator their, it'd make the section better on the whole.
No it wouldn't. It would see an increase of the infraction that I got and had to be reversed.

Hecktix
18-09-2009, 06:52 AM
No it wouldn't. It would see an increase of the infraction that I got and had to be reversed.

I agree with Matty here. The Sports forum needs impartial moderation.

nvrspk4
18-09-2009, 07:56 AM
Did someone really just compare an unfair infraction to a nuclear attack?

Black_Apalachi
18-09-2009, 12:27 PM
SHUT IT HITLER! All of you are out to get us, maaaaan. All of you, MattGardener, YOU, neverspeak4... You all want to gas us :@

Well I have Chuck Norris:

*DONK >:[

Immenseman
18-09-2009, 12:34 PM
Did someone really just compare an unfair infraction to a nuclear attack?
an infraction is understandable, they're pretty dire. a reversed one however... no comparison... :eusa_whis although some people believe they're targets and are treated with different rules on an online habbo related forum, it takes all sorts

buttons
18-09-2009, 01:36 PM
wootzeh posted a nazi image and got infracted or whatever for it, you're not allowed to compare mods to nazi's now even though he posted it for something completely different... although i'm sure a mod will correct me as usual even when they're wrong :)

lick
18-09-2009, 07:54 PM
yeah lol i remba that, he said oli told him ur aint allowed to post a swakistic w/e its called

Hecktix
18-09-2009, 07:58 PM
yeah lol i remba that, he said oli told him ur aint allowed to post a swakistic w/e its called

that one wasnt me.

StefanWolves
18-09-2009, 10:07 PM

huh :S i was only echoing a point you made a pretty big deal of a few months back.

gPost before it's locked I guess (:rolleyes:). What's your idea of trolling in this section? It's different to the other sections because it has the whole banter (which some users take too far because they don't understand what true banter is) which you can find in the stands. Just wondering considering a thread was recently locked which I do not believe is trolling, you find that sort of thing in the stands at a ground!

What's the point in having a SPORTS section which is dominated by football when you can't transfer the mild banter from the stands into this section?

My opinion on trolling? Probably saying to someone "Your team is crap, your players are crap" etc on a continuous note (you find most of this in stand and generally in a work place or school) to spark a reaction. Every so often is fine because it's basics of the ground banter.

That is exactly what the thread was about which got locked, stand banter. The moderating staff don't half baffle me sometimes on here.

Yeh, post your opinion of it if you like IF you're a continues user of this section - not someone looking to troll this thread. :neutral:

Thread moved by Garion (Assistant Forum Manager): From "Sports and Hobbies" to "Habbox Feedback" :).

Want a suggestion?

Don't ask the moderators of that section who I would say only Robbie has a decent knowledge of football and the banter, ask the regular posters of that section to give you examples of what they deem is trolling and what isn't.

Surely that would give the moderating team a rough idea of trolling in the sports section? :rolleyes:

No, you mentioned this...

If the problem is moderators not being able to moderate the section due them not being able to see what level of banter it is then what's going to change if you're asking the SAME moderators how the section should be moderated?

Surely you should PM regular uses of the section asking them to give examples of the banter which the users believe is trolling and what isn't. The moderators could then use these examples as future references when moderating that section in the future.

GommeInc
18-09-2009, 10:27 PM
*DONK >:[
Dong... Donk... Both sound suspeciously phallic like if you ask me ;)

lick
19-09-2009, 08:46 AM
that one wasnt me.

was you or moblie it think lol, cant remeber

lBlue
19-09-2009, 11:03 AM
huh :S i was only echoing a point you made a pretty big deal of a few months back.
Then stop copying things I say? lol.

*REMOVED*

Edited by iAdam (Forum Super Moderator); Please do not insult other forum members.

StefanWolves
19-09-2009, 01:25 PM
Then stop copying things I say? lol.

you're like a ******* mini me.

Why say stuff like that? :S

Copying you? I was echoing something you said because I believe it is the way forward.

lBlue
19-09-2009, 01:45 PM
Why say stuff like that? :S

Copying you? I was echoing something you said because I believe it is the way forward.

http://www.habboxforum.com/showpost.php?p=5954117&postcount=20
http://www.habboxforum.com/showpost.php?p=6042840&postcount=18
:rolleyes_

Can't be arsed finding the other examples but that was one of the examples which stood out when someone sent it me in a PM which made me laugh a bit.

I'll leave it at that, can't be arsed looking for the PM.

StefanWolves
19-09-2009, 01:52 PM
http://www.habboxforum.com/showpost.php?p=5954117&postcount=20
http://www.habboxforum.com/showpost.php?p=6042840&postcount=18
:rolleyes_

Can't be arsed finding the other examples but that was one of the examples which stood out when someone sent it me in a PM which made me laugh a bit.

I'll leave it at that, can't be arsed looking for the PM.

So now, if I 'rip peoples posts apart' - I'm copying you? Sorry but that's hilarious, next time you should put a copyright sign next to it?

And oh please do forward me this PM, I would also like to rip that apart, I could do with a good laugh. :)

MissAlice
19-09-2009, 02:52 PM
Rate the moderation on this forum?

I can't rate it as a new member, so I will rate it as a long time one, who has witnessed the changes.

If the forum was poorly moderated, it wouldn't have survived this long, every part of the forum would have problems. I don't think moderation overall has ever been very poor or poor for that matter. I don't visit spam and rarely visit the sports forum, and I'm sure Management must be looking for ways to improve moderation all the time particularly if it's as bad as has been mentioned in this thread. I imagine some forums are better moderated than others, most in my opinion will be good, some exceptionally good, and possibly a few average. Let's be grateful staff are human and not robots, there would be no debating with robots. What seems to be highlighted in this thread is that one or two particular forums are poorly moderated, so let's hope senior staff take note of that fact, and act on it.

What is the main problem with the spam forum? Does the spam forum attract problems from newer members? If it does, perhaps restrict new members from having access to that forum until they have been registered on the forum for six months or even a year. If this took place it wouldn't effect existing members, just newly registered who should be joining the forum to become part of the community here, and not to cause trouble in spam.

Habbox needs to keep standards high if it wants to continue, staff are like members and need to follow the rules. If staff are breaking the rules or taking advantage of their position, they will eventually be found out, and discover they were not as smart as they first thought, find that they lack respect from the majority of members, whilst those that do a great job will be admired and trusted too. That's worth remembering.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!