PDA

View Full Version : [Building] Need furni limit advice before continuing

Black_Apalachi
06-09-2009, 03:26 AM
Hey, I kind of like the Automobile Pixel furni and as it's so cheap I thought I'd get a load and make a room. Then I had an idea which ideally I would have preferred to keep to myself until it was complete. However this is going to involve a lot of furni so I fear I'll get half way and hit the furni limit resulting in a lot of wasted Pixels, furni and most of all, time.

So I was wondering if any experienced room designers would be able to provide an opinion?

The planned theme of the room is a sort of Toy Town and below is a very basic layout of how it might look. My next steps were to buy and include the following furni:

Lots of Tiles of some sort, to use as paving - basically to cover any floor without road on.
Some Grass Patches for various grassy areas and maybe a small park.
Lots more Gingerbread Houses and whatever I think of using for other buildings, maybe Pura Shelves as displayed below (considering stacking something to make skyscrapers).
Doormats as driveways to all the houses and maybe gardens.
Posters or something for the walls.
Various other bits I think of later on.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/4775/townw.png

I'm guessing that filling the floor with anything at all will hit the furni limit by itself. My plan B is to possibly use a Moodlight to black out the room and only use half of it, which will obviously be very restricting but may be the only way.

One thing I'd like to say is I'm obviously not looking for criticisms of the current room :P and I don't really want any ideas which may be suggested as I plan to keep the room as original as possible and have lots already :D.

Thanks in advance for any advice, +rep will be issued :).

iBlueBox
06-09-2009, 08:36 AM
Even though your not looking for criticisms theres just one thing,
theres too many traffic lights if you dont want to hit the furni limit
do the follo:

Remove some traffic lights
insted of tiles every where and only a few crassy patchs, just put tiles around the road and cobbles and grass patchs where eles.

Black_Apalachi
06-09-2009, 08:44 AM
Even though your not looking for criticisms theres just one thing,
theres too many traffic lights if you dont want to hit the furni limit
do the follo:

Remove some traffic lights
insted of tiles every where and only a few crassy patchs, just put tiles around the road and cobbles and grass patchs where eles.

The traffic lights are nothing compared to the amount of stuff I need really. Thanks for the idea of the Cobbles though. It would make a good plan B :).

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!