View Full Version : Why's My Computer Doing This?

J0SH
06-09-2009, 07:26 AM
It's usually fine, these days when I browse for things on my computer through other websites, such as if I'm changing a Twitter or YouTube picture or browsing for a video to upload etc, the browser crashes. It didn't do this before, the only way around it is for me to use Google Chrome. My case has been off for ages (the side I just lean it because I can't be bothered to put it on properly, could some dust got on my motherboard or something and is causing my computer to go arse upwards?

My HD is almost full too, so I don't know if that could have something to do with it.

Recursion
06-09-2009, 09:06 AM
I had these problems, are you using Firefox? I couldn't quick reply on vB forums, Tweet etc.

J0SH
06-09-2009, 09:09 AM
Yeah I am, I mean it's fine for searching on Chrome, but even in Sony Vegas if I'm going to render or browse for a clip to import, because it opens my computer browse thing it crashes. :(

Recursion
06-09-2009, 09:12 AM
Yeah I am, I mean it's fine for searching on Chrome, but even in Sony Vegas if I'm going to render or browse for a clip to import, because it opens my computer browse thing it crashes. :(

Set your default browser to Chrome in the chrome settings, Firefox has been extremely buggy in this release.

J0SH
06-09-2009, 09:16 AM
How about Sony Vegas freezing? I don't know if it's because of my RAM being used, I usually have the usual FireFox which can use a lot, iTunes etc, I'll try do something with everything closed down.

Recursion
06-09-2009, 09:18 AM
Oh aye, if you leave it a couple of mins, does it unfreeze?

J0SH
06-09-2009, 09:24 AM
I don't know I haven't tried, I'll try now. Everything was fine until I tried to render the HD clip then it froze. My motherboard can handle HD clips it's been fine until now so I don't know what's wrong. Maybe I need to install windows updates etc, I haven't done that in ages.

N!ck
06-09-2009, 11:02 AM
Having the side of the case off is extremely unlikely to have caused the problem. Yes more dust would have got into it and it's a much better idea to put the side of the case on but that's another issue.

Your issue sounds like a problem with explorer. Perhaps it could be something to do with a full HDD I don't know. Or maybe something in explorer is corrupt. Do you have any issues browsing through files normally (MY Computer, My Documents etc.)?

J0SH
06-09-2009, 12:05 PM
No I dont only if I am doing it from YouTube or Twitter etc if I am browsing for a picture etc.

Fehm
06-09-2009, 12:22 PM
Have you tried a system restore point?
Any new pieces of software you installed or the likes?

J0SH
06-09-2009, 12:26 PM
Nope I haven't downloaded anything in the past few weeks, it's only been doing this from the other day..

J0SH
07-09-2009, 10:26 AM
How do I do a recovery? Like I know there's a way when you start up you can hold a key down and wipe the whole computer, I just wanna do that, I'll clear everything so it's like brand new and I'll only get the stuff on there that I need. :)

Special
07-09-2009, 10:59 AM
if its videos and pics, try updating flash, java, etc etc

J0SH
07-09-2009, 11:13 AM
if its videos and pics, try updating flash, java, etc etc

Tom's already cleared up that FireFox has a few problems since the new update, but updating all that jazz won't fix Sony Vegas.

Jam
07-09-2009, 02:33 PM
How do I do a recovery? Like I know there's a way when you start up you can hold a key down and wipe the whole computer, I just wanna do that, I'll clear everything so it's like brand new and I'll only get the stuff on there that I need. :)

I just switch it off when Vista is loading, then cancel start-up repair and click advanced, then all the recovery options are there.

J0SH
07-09-2009, 02:56 PM
I done it before on my mum's laptop, but we had instructions from a repair man and now I've forgot how to do it, I had to hold F8 as it was booting and do something, I just need someone to clear up the steps :P

Inscribe
07-09-2009, 04:25 PM
Alt and F10 for me.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!