PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty Custom Games - callofdutycustomgames.com

kre8ive
06-09-2009, 07:35 AM
Right, I've had this idea for a while, and I might just go forward with this. As the domain suggests, it's a site that creates/organises events for players on Xbox 360, I may have a PS3 section whether I find a suitable person to help me with it and has PS3. Anyway, atm it'll cater for Call of Duty 4, and Call of Duty 5 (Despite me having this) and will feature a usersystem for you to organise events, make friends, compare games played. We'll feature a bulletin board for users to post and all that jazz.

I'm really considering doing this but I feel that:

It won't get alot of intrest.
The domain is dreadfully long
If you have any pointers/tips please post them I'd be ever so greatful.

Ed.
06-09-2009, 09:14 AM
Make it so they can put their gamertag in profile then make it link to the xbox site from that. (coding)

Skycutt
06-09-2009, 11:37 AM
It's a fantastic idea, although why are you limiting it to just CoD? I'm sure this would work particularly well with Halo 3, people are always wanting to play custom games, you could come up with a nifty catch line. It would work quite well, the only problem I can see arising is how are you gonna find who's playing what and when?

kre8ive
06-09-2009, 05:56 PM
I just think that Call of Duty would be more appropriate. More people have it, and more people would want to play new and original custom games. I was just wondering if the domain is abit, cheesey. If I feel that this project is a success, I shall redo the whole site, buy a new domain etc, and cater for more games on PS3 and XBOX.

I'm no good with PHP admitedley so I'd appreciate it if I got volunteers to work with me, (I can do XHTML and CSS) or I'll just pay. Anyways thanks for the feedback you two. I'd give rep but my reputation means nothing.

Shcl
06-09-2009, 08:46 PM
nice idea. goodluck, if you need anything pm me im sure i can help :]

kre8ive
06-09-2009, 09:12 PM
to the question earlier about people tracking what they've been on/what they are on. Nothings really been decided but I could say there'll be a menu with like, Mike Myers, Border Patrol and console; PS3 or XBOX 360. There'll be tournaments to win some cool prizes etc. I'll be developing this and may even have a subscribing line for people to get info as it happens when it happens.

Thanks Shel, I have advertised a thread where I have asked for a design, just awaiting for some designers to get back to me.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!