PDA

View Full Version : Police are stupid

efq
06-09-2009, 08:48 PM
Right I just left my mates house and I had a bag (just crap) and it's a pretty dark place that I came out of but anyway I got to the end of this passage and just generally looked around and just felt like I'd run home.

What I didn't take into notice when I looked around, I saw a Police officer walking towards me and as I was running down the road he was running after me (I had my iphone playing music pretty loud) and like only like 30 seconds late when I stopped to cross the road I notice him huffing a puffing behind me.

He goes 'Don't move' and I was like 'what?' then he goes 'Why did you run when you saw me?' I said 'I didn't, I didn't even notice you, I just wanted to run back...' he goes 'Right, where have you just come from?' I said 'From a mates house...' then he goes on about whats in the bag and I tell him it's just crap.

He goes well, I am going to have to write out a form (which was pink when he took it out) and then I noticed just after he begun to write I saw 2 police cars come down the road (one being a dog one, had the cage and said K9 unit or sommet). I said 'Was this all because I was running and not stopping?' He goes, 'Yes, we are looking for someone who had a similar description who had recently evaded a hit and run'. (At this time the police officers that came in the car were out with him)

So he goes, 'Could you please get in my colleagues car to take some details' so I did and he had this finger print thing that he said I had to do, I don't know why but I did it. After about 30000 years of sorting this out, he goes 'Ok, heres your slip' 'Your finger print has been taken to see if it matches the one on the car'. He goes, 'We will need a breathalyzer test incase that it matches the finger prints, we can determine if you were over the drinking limit at the time'

Then after that he let me go, no thanks or whatever so rude and said 'Off you go'

I swear I would of spat at him if he didn't have his stupid friends and a big ass dog.

Immenseman
06-09-2009, 08:50 PM
because spitting at him would have made things better? just doing their job. if you were a copper just patrolling and someone turned around to where you were standing and started running what do you think they're going to do... lol.

Caution
06-09-2009, 08:51 PM
If you're a teenager you're a criminal though. Suppose they're just doing their job though.

The Don
06-09-2009, 08:55 PM
It does look suspcious, I would probally done the same if i were him :P

Hitman
06-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Maybe some are stupid, but not all of them.

He was just doing his job - if you were a police officer and saw some teenager sprinting away with a bag when a hit and run accident had occured, wouldn't question the person? If you say no then you're the stupid one, because what if it had been the hit and run driver? :rolleyes:

There's no respect for police officers... honestly, wanting to spit at them... I can understand you were a bit annoyed, but as I said, they're just doing their job. Sure, some of them might be idiots or act like morons, but they're keeping people safe and trying to reduce crime.

Meanies
06-09-2009, 09:07 PM
It's just their job they have to do.. they might not have stopped you if they weren't looking for someone involved with something else. Even if you didn't see him, it'd still seem pretty dodgy to him seeing someone run from them since most criminals would as soon as they see the police so they would've just assumed you'd done something wrong and didn't want to get caught.

cocaine
06-09-2009, 09:10 PM
I swear I would of spat at him if he didn't have his stupid friends and a big ass dog.

stupid friends and big ass dog or not, the outcome would have been the same. you would have been arrested for disorderly conduct/public nuisance and could have ended up being charged.

at the end of the day, they're just doing their jobs. if you were a hit and run victim, you'd be pretty frantic to make sure the police do their upmost to catch the guy who did it so he won't do it again.

Nli.
06-09-2009, 09:12 PM
What you've writtern doesn't make sense in how you've put it for example; the finger prints? from what I know they need to be taken at the station, and if you are under 18 - they would need to have contacted your parents aswell. And after he caught up with you he would have detained you, and possibly put you in cuffs and searched you (and your bag) especially if he was looking for someone with your description and commited a hit and run.

Also, if he took your finger print to see if it matches the car they would have put you in custody probably arrested under something like suspicion of hit and run, until the SOC (Scene of Crime) scanned the car for finger prints etc... and then release you later on or the next day unless you were found guilty.

Also the pink forms are normally used for a warning, instead of an arrest to cut down on officers being taken off the streets to do paper work, normally for silly things like urinating in the street, and last up to 6 months and if your seen committing the same crime, or any other you'd be arrested. And if you did spit, you'd be arrested for assault but probably nothing serious would happen, but the dog's wouldn't have done nothing as you didn't try and escape. But they probably weren't 'coming to get you'

I could write stacks more about it, but I don't have the time at the moment.
So, if I'm wrong please correct me? :)

efq
06-09-2009, 09:20 PM
Lol I ain't read most of the comments cause its a lot but it seem's you've missed my whole point. The fact he was so rude to me at the end not even thanking me for being so easy and kind and not being awkward to just tell me 'Off you go' without saying nothing is why I felt annoyed.
If he had gone 'Thanks for your time, have a nice day' then I wouldn't even be here talking about it.

The cops in Cambridge in corrupt anyway, I've pulled up at a crossroad at midnight and a cop put his lights on to go through a red light and turned them off when he got across. Wish I had his license.

Meanies
06-09-2009, 09:23 PM
Lol I ain't read most of the comments cause its a lot but it seem's you've missed my whole point. The fact he was so rude to me at the end not even thanking me for being so easy and kind and not being awkward to just tell me 'Off you go' without saying nothing is why I felt annoyed.
If he had gone 'Thanks for your time, have a nice day' then I wouldn't even be here talking about it.

The cops in Cambridge in corrupt anyway, I've pulled up at a crossroad at midnight and a cop put his lights on to go through a red light and turned them off when he got across. Wish I had his license.
To the end bit;
that would've been to warn people that he was going across and then it might've been quiet at the other side and so he could turn them off again to avoid waking people up.

efq
06-09-2009, 09:27 PM
No, he and his friends who looked young to be Police officers stopped at the traffic lights (they take ages) turned them on, no sirens went across and turned them off and continued driving off slowly.

I hear sirens all the time at night, they don't care the slightest about waking someone lol. If it was serious then they should of put sirens because if a car pulled out when he did that and they hit him, it would be there problem because there would be no audio alert.

Nli.
06-09-2009, 09:28 PM

Some times, if the police are attending a 'shout' they don't always have the lights on for example if theyre near the scene, or trying to appear un seen, low-amounts of traffic or whatever they normally turn the lights off and use the lights/sirens when they need to make people aware that they need to get passed. Obviously I or you don't know, he might have been lazy to wait a few minutes or he might have been needed else where.

But I can see where you are coming from, but from his point of view, he may have thought you saw him coming and decided to run off. If that was me, I wouldn't be greatful for the persons help as 'I' had to go after them, so I guess that's what he was thinking.

efq
06-09-2009, 09:32 PM
He is a stubborn git anyway http://www.cambs.police.uk/images/personnel/1258.jpg this was the another one of those who ride bikes http://www.cambs.police.uk/images/personnel/7139.jpg who came by and was raising his voice

GommeInc
06-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Lol, you didn't say "And thank you?" I would of, by force of habit :S But yeah, if you match a description you kinda do have to comply :P

efq
06-09-2009, 09:35 PM
Well it an honest mistake and by chance I had earphones in. I'm going to complain anyway. I think he hates me anyway from the past.

Hitman
06-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Well it an honest mistake and by chance I had earphones in. I'm going to complain anyway. I think he hates me anyway from the past.
No point in causing a stink... they'd probably "hate" you even more.

GommeInc
06-09-2009, 09:39 PM
You can't be too harsh, when you got to a crossroad he didn't run up behind you and pummel you to the ground like he and other officers could of done, tired or not. It's kinda good he told you that you look liked someone, than immediately expected you were that someone :)

Immenseman
06-09-2009, 09:44 PM
imagine you had been the person they were looking for. also, on about the polite, yeah maybe they were a bit rude but hey, it's a stressful job. your complaint isn't going to go very far about them being "rude" when they weren't, lol.

FlyingJesus
06-09-2009, 09:48 PM
Right I just left my mates house and I had a bag (just crap) and it's a pretty dark place that I came out of but anyway I got to the end of this passage and just generally looked around and just felt like I'd run home.

What I didn't take into notice when I looked around, I saw a Police officer walking towards me and as I was running down the road he was running after me (I had my iphone playing music pretty loud) and like only like 30 seconds late when I stopped to cross the road I notice him huffing a puffing behind me.

He goes 'Don't move' and I was like 'what?' then he goes 'Why did you run when you saw me?' I said 'I didn't, I didn't even notice you, I just wanted to run back...' he goes 'Right, where have you just come from?' I said 'From a mates house...' then he goes on about whats in the bag and I tell him it's just crap.

He goes well, I am going to have to write out a form (which was pink when he took it out) and then I noticed just after he begun to write I saw 2 police cars come down the road (one being a dog one, had the cage and said K9 unit or sommet). I said 'Was this all because I was running and not stopping?' He goes, 'Yes, we are looking for someone who had a similar description who had recently evaded a hit and run'. (At this time the police officers that came in the car were out with him)

So he goes, 'Could you please get in my colleagues car to take some details' so I did and he had this finger print thing that he said I had to do, I don't know why but I did it. After about 30000 years of sorting this out, he goes 'Ok, heres your slip' 'Your finger print has been taken to see if it matches the one on the car'. He goes, 'We will need a breathalyzer test incase that it matches the finger prints, we can determine if you were over the drinking limit at the time'

Then after that he let me go, no thanks or whatever so rude and said 'Off you go'

*You were running around at night with a bag
*You ran past a police officer with said bag
*"It's just crap" is not at all helpful and makes you sounds more suspicious
*The forms have to be done as a legal matter
*You matched the description of a hit and run

It may well have been an inconvenience to you being taken for prints and such, but I'm sure if you'd been knocked down and left you'd want the police to actually check suspicious people instead of just letting everyone go who doesn't admit to a crime :rolleyes: furthermore the attitude displayed in the thread name and last sentence don't make me believe that you were being that co-operative anyway - either that or you're playing it up now you're safely away and are just a coward

If it's an honest mistake what possible grounds do you have to complain? Simply because he didn't say thanks? It'd be nice if everyone was polite all the time but there's no law on it I'm afraid

dirrty
06-09-2009, 09:51 PM
you're just acting like a baby. they did their jobs correctly and no, i wouldn't be calling the police 'stupid' right about now...

Geraint
06-09-2009, 09:52 PM

You're hard. No you wouldn't have.

Aces
07-09-2009, 04:04 PM
they were doing their job, but sure, they could've been a bit nicer after they realized they ****** up.

Antony
09-09-2009, 07:39 AM
Like others have said..making off from the scene of an accident is quite a serious offense,you didn't mention if there were any injuries which would have obviously made it more serious.More than likely the reason the Dog Patrol attended the scene to track the scent of the driver.

You must understand that with such a serious offense,seeing someone making off,be it when they have seen a Police Officer,or making off from the area where a scene/crime has been comitted,they need to be stopped regardless.The need for calling for back up was more than likely if you had jumped into a garden,or were too fast for the officer running after you.Vehicles are much faster,obviously :P

The fact that you also matched the description of an offender,adds more suspicion meaning they want to stop you regardless.More amount of man power is a more chance of catching the bad guy = arrest!

What you've writtern doesn't make sense in how you've put it for example; the finger prints? from what I know they need to be taken at the station, and if you are under 18 - they would need to have contacted your parents aswell. And after he caught up with you he would have detained you, and possibly put you in cuffs and searched you (and your bag) especially if he was looking for someone with your description and commited a hit and run.

Also, if he took your finger print to see if it matches the car they would have put you in custody probably arrested under something like suspicion of hit and run, until the SOC (Scene of Crime) scanned the car for finger prints etc... and then release you later on or the next day unless you were found guilty.

Also the pink forms are normally used for a warning, instead of an arrest to cut down on officers being taken off the streets to do paper work, normally for silly things like urinating in the street, and last up to 6 months and if your seen committing the same crime, or any other you'd be arrested. And if you did spit, you'd be arrested for assault but probably nothing serious would happen, but the dog's wouldn't have done nothing as you didn't try and escape. But they probably weren't 'coming to get you'

I could write stacks more about it, but I don't have the time at the moment.
So, if I'm wrong please correct me? :)

Finger prints are recorded when you have been arrested for a crime.There are such devices nowadays that allow officers to establish if you are known to the police by your fingerprint,i.e any previous history (arrest) with the police,it is done there and then..probably seen them on tv!

Appropriate adults have to be contacted if you are 17 or under,not 18.

The pink form wasnt a fixed penalty notice (as he didnt say he'd been given a fine!),that is the fine given to persons urinating in the street etc,where an arrest isnt required.very minor public order offenses.The pink form would have been a copy of the stop and search record / account that was filled out when he was stopped.

Perhaps you should change your attitude to the Police,after all,if it was your car/parents car that had been hit,and the driver had made off,you'd be expecting males who are seen making off getting stopped too........

ashyboy999
09-09-2009, 08:12 AM
i live not too far from the m6 motorway in birmingham and what makes me laugh is the collector road for the motorway which goes 3 miles along the border of a densley populated town. this carraigeway is 50 MPH and ive clocked them doing at least 3 figures on that stretch. seems its ok to be rude and obnoxious and break the law if your a copper.

but if your rude to them now that an entirely different story

kre8ive
09-09-2009, 09:24 AM
Police are, I repeat are allowed to search you there and then, wherever you are. It's not their fault they do their job.

Black_Apalachi
09-09-2009, 11:13 AM
Who's stupid; the one doing their job or the u****ervant one?

LoveToStack
09-09-2009, 03:09 PM
Unlucky @ fingerprints being taken. So long as there's nothing on record it doesn't matter. I like to know that should I need to commit a crime in the future then they won't be any closer to identifying me.

Nli.
09-09-2009, 03:30 PM
Finger prints are recorded when you have been arrested for a crime.There are such devices nowadays that allow officers to establish if you are known to the police by your fingerprint,i.e any previous history (arrest) with the police,it is done there and then..probably seen them on tv!

Appropriate adults have to be contacted if you are 17 or under,not 18.

The pink form wasnt a fixed penalty notice (as he didnt say he'd been given a fine!),that is the fine given to persons urinating in the street etc,where an arrest isnt required.very minor public order offenses.The pink form would have been a copy of the stop and search record / account that was filled out when he was stopped.

Perhaps you should change your attitude to the Police,after all,if it was your car/parents car that had been hit,and the driver had made off,you'd be expecting males who are seen making off getting stopped too........
I never actually said that the pink form was a fixed penalty, just a warning. And yes, I admit I got the age wrong but that was just a mistake.

Blinger1
10-09-2009, 03:04 AM

To the end bit;
that would've been to warn people that he was going across and then it might've been quiet at the other side and so he could turn them off again to avoid waking people up.
I'm sure that happens world wide.. It happens here, you just live with it, who cares?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!