Jord
07-09-2009, 10:53 PM
One word.

EPIC

New best film and thats saying alot from me, My old one was Jarhead

This is so epic 10/10

Nothing bad to say about it

LOL

Just now it was a perfect mix of comedy with fighting :)

Black_Apalachi
07-09-2009, 11:55 PM
I saw it at the cinema and it was fantastic. I absolutely had nothing negative to say about it either. Dr. Manhattan is such an awesome character, I love the philisophical aspects of him. My mate bought the book, I keep forgetting to borrow it though.

kk.
07-09-2009, 11:57 PM
i dont think i liked it when i saw it. was boring lol

Stephen!
08-09-2009, 12:01 AM
i dont think i liked it when i saw it. was boring lol

Yeah, was boring for me too. Not sure why.

Misawa
08-09-2009, 12:40 AM
I haven't gotten around to seeing it as I was too busy when it was released. The 18 certificate surprised me when I saw it in stores upon its DVD release, but I won't get it for a while. The main response I've heard and read is that it was massively overhyped.

Black_Apalachi
08-09-2009, 09:01 AM
I haven't gotten around to seeing it as I was too busy when it was released. The 18 certificate surprised me when I saw it in stores upon its DVD release, but I won't get it for a while. The main response I've heard and read is that it was massively overhyped.

I don't think I'd heard of it until a week before I went to see it, and it will have only been my mate who hyped it up :P. The 18 certificate is due to a few sexual scenes I think. If I was being extremely critical I'd say they were the only unnecessary bits and without them it could have made a great family movie. But then again, I don't think a younger audience would understand it very much. Awesome film though.

Jord
08-09-2009, 02:38 PM
I prefer Rorschach

http://blogs.e-rockford.com/movieman/files/2009/03/haley2.jpg

I loved the ending though!

He dies yet he still got the message out with the diary! :) It was so smart

Misawa
08-09-2009, 02:48 PM
I don't think I'd heard of it until a week before I went to see it, and it will have only been my mate who hyped it up :P. The 18 certificate is due to a few sexual scenes I think. If I was being extremely critical I'd say they were the only unnecessary bits and without them it could have made a great family movie. But then again, I don't think a younger audience would understand it very much. Awesome film though.

In the US it had humungous hype all thanks to The Dark Knight's publicity, seeing as it was a superhero film the same year.

superstar911
08-09-2009, 05:02 PM
I love this movie, I've watched it about 20 times, I just love how beautifully it's written, I find myself speaking and remembering the dialogue.

It shouldn't be an 18 though, I don't see how it got it, there isn't that much swearing, there's no more violence than in say Spiderman or Batman movies and there's a small sex scene with no nudity (Ironically one of the few productions Malin Akerman doesn't get topless in).

DamianLove
08-09-2009, 05:32 PM
I really wanna see this movie!
Gonna have to see it soon I think.

Fez
08-09-2009, 05:54 PM
Have any of you read the graphic novel?

It's miles better than the film, the film is still brilliant though.

Oh and the ending is changed, I didn't like the change but was still a good film.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!