PDA

View Full Version : Messing with google charts API

Jamesy
07-09-2009, 11:59 PM
Lo there, teaching myself php at the moment. Still pretty basic stuff, but far more advanced than <?php echo "hello world"; ?>.

I decided to convert Cheverato, a free image hosting script I was running for my own use to log to a database. I then fed the data back and created some pretty pie charts for usage statistics.

Linky (http://uploads.shizzlenizzle.biz/stats.php)

:)

Unfortunately too late to log the previous 900 images, but I am interested to see how the pie charts change over time

Dentafrice
08-09-2009, 12:05 AM
I don't think you should be displaying people's IPs though.

Heinous
08-09-2009, 03:19 AM
I don't think you should be displaying people's IPs though.
this.

Maybe have raw IP's be "Guest" or "Anonymous" or something.

Black_Apalachi
08-09-2009, 09:59 AM
.PNG FTW! :P Ha, but yeah I wouldn't use it if it displayed my IP like that.

VirtualG
08-09-2009, 10:07 AM
I think those are very intresting stats but I think you shouldn't display ip's

Dentafrice
08-09-2009, 10:42 AM
If you're going to be doing that, you need to state in a privacy policy that you will be collecting their IP as part of statistical information, that may be displayed publicly. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure what you're doing right now is against the law.

Jamesy
08-09-2009, 03:13 PM
this.

Maybe have raw IP's be "Guest" or "Anonymous" or something.

Sounds a plan, I'll work on it.

If you're going to be doing that, you need to state in a privacy policy that you will be collecting their IP as part of statistical information, that may be displayed publicly. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure what you're doing right now is against the law.

hmm, although the site was made just for me and a friend to quickly upload images and as my play thing I'd rather not get any letters through my door. I'll work on it when it starts to be september again and I'm not sweating buckets :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!