PDA

View Full Version : Witnessed someone suffer cardiac arrest.

Describe
08-09-2009, 02:54 PM
I was at my hospital to talk with my doctor about my condition, I do so every couple of months to make sure I'm doing alright and I am. I came out of the meeting room and suddenly this man collapsed out of a chair directly infront of me. They managed to sit him back into the chair and I couldn't help but look at him. His eyes were glazed over and only part of the pupil was visible (the rest was just the white of the mans eye and his veins) so I walked past thinking they had it all under control, nothing to worry about.

I was waiting in line to make an appointment for December when the man coughed and spluttered and this combination of vomit and blood poured from his mouth, it was the most disgusting sound I'd heard in a while. The man fell down to the ground and wasn't moving. That's when the doctors rushed from their rooms and assisted. I heard one of the doctors (Dr. Patel) tell the nurse that the man had gone into cardiac arrest (the mans heart had stopped) and he gave her several instructions. The whole place was in a frenzy.

Within minutes screens were placed around the man and they were perfoming CPR to obviously try and get his heart started again. Imagine only coming in for a routine checkup and suddenly you're fighting for your life. I suprised at myself, I thought seeing someone basically dying infront of me would have more of an emotional effect but it didn't bother me too much. I don't know what happened to the man but I hope he pulled through.

Dusty-09
08-09-2009, 03:13 PM
Omg, that must be terrible, hope he's alright. I'm like you if I see something which should affect me emotionally, it doesn't and I don't know why but it just does.

efq
08-09-2009, 03:15 PM
Sounds like a place for these things to happen a lot? Lol.

I wouldn't be affected either but I think this is from my past from seeing so many people getting run down and hit by cars (In Portugal because they rarely stop at zebra crossings so you get hit if your stupid).

J0SH
08-09-2009, 03:20 PM
Doesn't sound that bad to me after witnessing a stabbing in my kitchen where the guy got 16 stab wounds and lasted over an hour. :(

I hope the guy was alright though! My grandad had a heart attack 7 or so years back, he was alright though..

Describe
08-09-2009, 03:39 PM
I'd be freaked out witnessing a stabbing. I don't know if me not being affected by this is because I witnessed my grandad passing away or not, anyway, it was sad.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!