PDA

View Full Version : Spotify Premium?

Recursion
08-09-2009, 09:20 PM
I'm looking at getting Spotify Premium, I'm liking the looks of the Android and iPhoneOS apps, which is what is pushing me tbh.

What do you guys think? I was thinking it's a bit steep at £9.99, but then again a new album is more than that!

Opinions please!

Agnostic Bear
08-09-2009, 09:53 PM
Do it. Do it now.

Stephen!
08-09-2009, 09:54 PM
Bear has spoken.

Pyroka
08-09-2009, 09:58 PM
It cant be that bad for the amount of stuff you're getting for free. I won't use it just because thats me... so theres no point in me buying it. If you use Spotify like proper regularly then go for it.

StefanWolves
08-09-2009, 10:03 PM
I presume that's £9.99 p/month?

Pyroka
08-09-2009, 10:04 PM
Yeah it is.

Black_Apalachi
08-09-2009, 11:11 PM
For me there's a lot missing from Spotify's library, so I'd personally wait for more updates before I spent any money on it.

Jordy
09-09-2009, 06:35 AM
If I was prepared to buy a monthly subscription I'd buy the standard Napster subscription, then convert all of it's DRM Songs to an open format (MP3 probably) and create some sort of media streaming solution so I could access them on the likes of Android and iPhones.

Excellent2
09-09-2009, 06:57 AM
Grooveshark ;)

Agnostic Bear
09-09-2009, 09:30 AM
Grooveshark ;)

A significantly slower web based system with less tracks and a poorer UI? Good idea.

Wayne
09-09-2009, 10:12 AM
Just listen to music on Youtube for free lol.

The Professor
09-09-2009, 02:43 PM
The price puts me off too much tbh. If It was £5 p/m I might consider it but on top of a graze and lovefilm subscription its too much. If you have the money though, go for it!

Blob
10-09-2009, 05:41 PM
What about we7...

UrbanRyan
10-09-2009, 06:04 PM
I was thinking about buying premium but I decided against it, as I'd rather buy and actually have a copy of my music - if you get me?

kk.
10-09-2009, 06:27 PM
A significantly slower web based system with less tracks and a poorer UI? Good idea.

the UI is/was (havnt been on for a while) very similar to that of itunes, just a lot danker. So no, i actually prefer groovesharks UI.

If you spend more than £10 a month on songs, such as singles or buying albums, then yeh its good. Just, you cant actually own the songs, but at least you can make playlists.

Tomm
10-09-2009, 06:30 PM
Although i've been working on modding the despotify client to actually dump the decrypted data to a file so when I get around to finishing it you can keep the music as well :P

The Professor
10-09-2009, 09:31 PM
You know what, I take back what I said. Spotify remove too much music for me to apy them any money. The whole Clubland 15 album (most of which was in my playlist) along with other bits and bobs have vanished in the last few updates. I know its not their fault and its the record companies fault but it shouldn't be up there in the first place if they're just going to remove it.

Chippiewill
10-09-2009, 09:41 PM
You know what, I take back what I said. Spotify remove too much music for me to apy them any money. The whole Clubland 15 album (most of which was in my playlist) along with other bits and bobs have vanished in the last few updates. I know its not their fault and its the record companies fault but it shouldn't be up there in the first place if they're just going to remove it.

Err... it's still in public beta, not their fault. And double check, a lot of my albums have been readded as different versions for regional reasons (Swapped US version with UK version for example.)

Dentafrice
10-09-2009, 09:49 PM
It actually has quite a few more then Spotify.

Agnostic Bear
11-09-2009, 02:52 AM
It actually has quite a few more then Spotify.

I highly doubt that, the big record labels pretty much own Spotify so they're gonna dump more music onto that, not Grooveshark. Also they've just got a large deal with a massive independent group which will bring more music.

Jordy
11-09-2009, 06:36 AM
I highly doubt that, the big record labels pretty much own Spotify so they're gonna dump more music onto that, not Grooveshark. Also they've just got a large deal with a massive independent group which will bring more music.Nope, Grooveshark is an illegal website and technically anyone can upload music onto Grooveshark, it's got pretty much everything from soundtracks, CDs, TV Themes etc.

The Professor
11-09-2009, 07:10 AM
Err... it's still in public beta, not their fault. And double check, a lot of my albums have been readded as different versions for regional reasons (Swapped US version with UK version for example.)

I specifically said "I know it isn't their fault" but tbh I don't care, I wouldn't pay the pound to unlock a shopping trolley for it to be taken away from me half way through doing my shopping. It happens far too frequently for me to give them money.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!