PDA

View Full Version : XP Problems

GoldenMerc
08-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Well i just got a laptop that originally had vista on it, when XP is loaded onto alot of problems occur like errors the tool bar wont appear like a virus but the XP is legit copy and everything. Can anyone help
Ross

The Professor
09-09-2009, 02:46 PM
Have you tried just reinstalling again? Maybe something fudged up during the installation.

paul4wolves
09-09-2009, 03:08 PM
Some computers are 'designed' NOT to work on XP so you CANT use older OS cause they are trying to get everyone to have the latest things and sercurity thing etc..

Markeh
09-09-2009, 03:18 PM
Have you checked that all the drivers are XP compatible?

System specs would be ideal if you could post them Ross.

GoldenMerc
09-09-2009, 03:59 PM
I got it working, finally after re-installing XP Professional (instead of home), all the drives are vista but managed to work.
Unfortunately only 3gb of the 4gb show and work with this XP version though :(

Agnostic Bear
10-09-2009, 02:00 PM
Some computers are 'designed' NOT to work on XP so you CANT use older OS cause they are trying to get everyone to have the latest things and sercurity thing etc..

That's pretty much the stupidest thing I've heard all week, if you were referring to the 9x series of Windows then fair play, but NT works fine on new hardware, and XP is still supported by all the major hardware vendors and drivers.

I got it working, finally after re-installing XP Professional (instead of home), all the drives are vista but managed to work.
Unfortunately only 3gb of the 4gb show and work with this XP version though :(

That's because it's 32 bit, not 64.

GoldenMerc
10-09-2009, 02:13 PM
Ah, cba re-installing for 64bit :(

paul4wolves
10-09-2009, 02:51 PM
That's pretty much the stupidest thing I've heard all week, if you were referring to the 9x series of Windows then fair play, but NT works fine on new hardware, and XP is still supported by all the major hardware vendors and drivers.

No, I mean thaT mac and windows computers are 'rarely' compatable cause of the driver issues. get me?

Agnostic Bear
11-09-2009, 02:20 AM
No, I mean thaT mac and windows computers are 'rarely' compatable cause of the driver issues. get me?

No. That's not what you implied or even hinted at either.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!