PDA

View Full Version : Site Idea - Where's Tim Now?

AlexOC
09-09-2009, 08:17 PM
I was thinking of some cool website ideas and i was thinking about the following

Obtaining some kind of teddy bear, dolphin, dog or some kind of stuffed toy.
Call it a name like 'Tim' (which will be used in the site name)
Then send it to people who sign up in various areas of the world
They then take a picture of 'Tim' in front of famous landmarks like the Eiffel Tower, Egypt Pyramid and so on.
They then send the pic to me
I put the pic on the site
Then they hold onto Tim until specify where he will travel to next, then they send him there, and so on..

And on the site they're will be pictures of Tim all over the world, and you can participate by entering your location and where you will take him too..

The participant with the teddy will pay for the next sending fees which shouldnt be extremely high, i could find someone SOMEHWERE near like the eifell tower you would pay, and maybe if i make enough money of ads i could pay most of the fee.

I thought it would be pretty cool, and would get alot of hits, and attention from media maybe (if it has not been done before, dont know what to search on google to research)

anyway thoughts on this?

EDIT:

Omg i think ive found tim:

http://www.argonpromo.co.uk/shopimages/products/normal/promotionalproducts/LEM056.jpg

Aww hes got his little rucksack

Meanies
09-09-2009, 08:18 PM
Someone will definately just keep it..

AlexOC
09-09-2009, 08:20 PM
Someone will definately just keep it..

They will recieve a duplicate tim or one of tims children for doing it, and if they do i will just buy another one.

I will make sure i know the person whos doing it first, not just any random person, someone who is not pathetic enough to kidnap a teddy.

Protege
09-09-2009, 08:25 PM
This idea is good for like a massive firm which manufactures teddy bears. They could just ask "fans" or people who own them to take a picture with them and make a massive user base of "fans/owners". People can view people with their "Tim" etc.

It just sounds like a good way to promote their teddies. A good thing is sell the teddy, and then ask people to take pictures for a "FREE GIFT" etc. Do it with pedobear, defo have a good audience of them on the internet.

Good luck friend.

AlexOC
09-09-2009, 08:31 PM
This idea is good for like a massive firm which manufactures teddy bears. They could just ask "fans" or people who own them to take a picture with them and make a massive user base of "fans/owners". People can view people with their "Tim" etc.

It just sounds like a good way to promote their teddies. A good thing is sell the teddy, and then ask people to take pictures for a "FREE GIFT" etc. Do it with pedobear, defo have a good audience of them on the internet.

Good luck friend.

Yeh, maybe backing from a teddy manufactuer is a possibility?

They wouldnt mind seling them for cheap, so i can give them to people they take a picture and keep them. Media always mention these kinds of things when they take off, I could be on NewsRound!!

Protege
09-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Whoever watches newsround... but srsly, pedobear. I'll even take a pic outside a school for the lulz.

edit:

better idea, get tons of people to take pics outside schools haha.

AlexOC
09-09-2009, 08:36 PM
Whoever watches newsround... but srsly, pedobear. I'll even take a pic outside a school for the lulz.

edit:

better idea, get tons of people to take pics outside schools haha.

Hahaha

Yeh then people will make fake pictures in like bathrooms and changing rooms.

About £3 to send a little package to france!, thats alot cheaper than i expected

Trinity
09-09-2009, 08:42 PM
I thought it would be pretty cool, and would get alot of hits, and attention from media maybe (if it has not been done before, dont know what to search on google to research)

It has been done before. I just had a quick search for the original one, but I can't find it yet, it's been a while since I saw it. I'll keep looking though.

Protege
09-09-2009, 08:44 PM
Awwwww

AlexOC
09-09-2009, 08:47 PM
Yeh awwwwwww

try and find it

BoyBetterKnow
09-09-2009, 09:16 PM
I love this idea!

AlexOC
09-09-2009, 09:17 PM
I will give it Sierk and he can sit it on top of the Habbox servers.
Lol

Invent
09-09-2009, 09:21 PM
Isn't this what they do in primary schools for kids in like reception / year 1-3?

AlexOC
09-09-2009, 09:24 PM
Isn't this what they do in primary schools for kids in like reception / year 1-3?

Yeh, i did it, but took it into my mums work and stuff, and wrote a diary.

Never got to take it to india or anywhere...

VirtualG
09-09-2009, 09:47 PM
It's been done...

AlexOC
09-09-2009, 09:49 PM
It's been done...

We've already estabilished that?

Are you actually reading the thread.

kre8ive
10-09-2009, 10:03 AM
I don't want to catch you out, but did you Google UNIQUE WEBSITE IDEAS. I did and I saw this idea with like 9 others :P

It's a wicked idea!

Others were like; You could have a Social Networking Website, and users have a Hatred section, you can make differant catagories e.g. Worst Band, Worst Solo Artist and then you can establish the most hated celebrities

AlexOC
10-09-2009, 03:44 PM
I don't want to catch you out, but did you Google UNIQUE WEBSITE IDEAS. I did and I saw this idea with like 9 others :P

It's a wicked idea!

Others were like; You could have a Social Networking Website, and users have a Hatred section, you can make differant catagories e.g. Worst Band, Worst Solo Artist and then you can establish the most hated celebrities

I didn't google that, but i did see it on a website about how it would be a good idea, Lol

hamheyelliot
10-09-2009, 03:49 PM
Nice idea Alex. I'll have him in Droylsden for the day, a picture in front of... erm, Greggs.

AlexOC
10-09-2009, 03:50 PM
Nice idea Alex. I'll have him in Droylsden for the day, a picture in front of... erm, Greggs.

(Y)

Sure thing

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!