PDA

View Full Version : I had no idea you could run your laptop...

Feep
11-09-2009, 04:13 PM
With no battery plugged in, just with the Power cable xD

Alkaz
11-09-2009, 04:14 PM
I didnt either but I guess it make sense and it doesnt wear out the battery.

Yoshimitsui
11-09-2009, 04:15 PM
Well you learn something new everyday! It's what desktop PCs have been doing since they existed though.

Feep
11-09-2009, 04:17 PM
Well you learn something new everyday! It's what desktop PCs have been doing since they existed though.

Yeah lol, But when ever you think of a laptop you think of a battery. It's hard to picture it without one.

Alkaz
11-09-2009, 04:18 PM
My sisters battery is knackered cause she always has it plugged in, when she gets a new one maybe it will be an idea for her not to do that :P

Feep
11-09-2009, 04:20 PM
My sisters battery is knackered cause she always has it plugged in, when she gets a new one maybe it will be an idea for her not to do that :P
Yeah I think mine is buggered now. Im about to try it. it's goo to know if it is that I'll still be able to use my lappy

Jordan:A
11-09-2009, 04:21 PM
I done that >.>
It comes up that I need a new battery when I open my laptop xD
Also yeah learnt this the other month when i noticed my battery werent plugged in and my charger fell out

StefanWolves
11-09-2009, 04:27 PM
I've known this for some time, but when I found out I was like... Oh, well that's strange! and that it is. :P

Blob
11-09-2009, 04:33 PM
You got me excited then thinking I could run my laptop underwater or in oil or something.

But yeah, I found this out when I was seeing how my battery is secured into my laptop (don't ask.)

StefanWolves
11-09-2009, 04:34 PM
You got me excited then thinking I could run my laptop underwater or in oil or something.

But yeah, I found this out when I was seeing how my battery is secured into my laptop (don't ask.)

Why would you get excited about the prospect of running your laptop in oil? :P

Blob
11-09-2009, 04:44 PM
Why would you get excited about the prospect of running your laptop in oil? :P

'Cos you can run a PC in oil ;)

StefanWolves
11-09-2009, 04:46 PM
An what is there to get excited about doing that? and how do you know that? oh god I'm actually laughing. +REP for giving me the giggles. :P

Blob
11-09-2009, 05:01 PM
An what is there to get excited about doing that? and how do you know that? oh god I'm actually laughing. +REP for giving me the giggles. :P

You can put everything under except from hdd and some other parts. Thanks have it back.

StefanWolves
11-09-2009, 05:07 PM
You can put everything under except from hdd and some other parts. Thanks have it back.

oh yes pls. ;):eusa_danc

Feep
11-09-2009, 05:13 PM
Woah, I bet you could run your laptop under oil, That fan would be pumping oil out ha.

Stephen!
11-09-2009, 05:16 PM
Woah, I bet you could run your laptop under oil, That fan would be pumping oil out ha.

I doubt the fan on a laptop would be powerful enough to spin in an all-oil environment.

Recursion
11-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Umm you guys do realise the battery will still wear out whether it is plugged in, charged, uncharged, in use or whatever?

Feep
11-09-2009, 05:39 PM
Umm you guys do realise the battery will still wear out whether it is plugged in, charged, uncharged, in use or whatever?
Were talking about unplugging it

Black_Apalachi
11-09-2009, 05:47 PM

Mine's the same :P.

When you replace the battery does it just continue normally? I should bare that in mind in future because I generally use my laptop for much longer periods than its battery life so it's easier to just leave it plugged in.

Recursion
11-09-2009, 05:50 PM

When you replace the battery does it just continue normally? I should bare that in mind in future because I generally use my laptop for much longer periods than its battery life so it's easier to just leave it plugged in.

No, if you leave a battery sitting there out of the laptop, uncharged or charged, it will still degrade.

Feep
11-09-2009, 05:53 PM

Turn the laptop off take out the battery and use it like a a Desktop

The Professor
12-09-2009, 03:17 PM
I doubt the fan on a laptop would be powerful enough to spin in an all-oil environment.

I didn't think cooking oil was that thick? I'd bet a fan would easily manage that. Idk if the black oil that they get out of the car is any thicker, it looks it. £5 for anyone who tests it for me :D

Recursion
12-09-2009, 03:48 PM
I didn't think cooking oil was that thick? I'd bet a fan would easily manage that. Idk if the black oil that they get out of the car is any thicker, it looks it. £5 for anyone who tests it for me :D

It has to be mineral oil I think :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtufuXLvOok

Blob
13-09-2009, 09:41 AM
http://www.pcformat.co.uk/node/980 ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!