PDA

View Full Version : WET game

Wayne
13-09-2009, 10:04 AM
Has anybody played the demo of this game? I downloaded it off PS store the other week. It's quite a good action game actually. Comes out September 18th.

WET is an action game that combines shooting and swordplay with stylish acrobatics. The main character, Rubi, carries twin pistols (revolvers) and a sword, and can fire whilst jumping, sliding on her knees and running on walls. During these acrobatic actions, the game will enter slow motion, and she will automatically aim at a second enemy, allowing the player to shoot at two enemies at once. She can also combine her attacks, such as wall running off a person, or performing a sword uppercut while sliding. Racking up kills and collecting multiplier icons gains multipliers, which increase score and the rate at which Rubi regenerates health. Rubi can also regain health by finding bottles of whiskey; when activated, she takes a swig from the bottle, then throws the bottle into the air and shoots it.

In some sections of the game, Rubi's face will get covered in blood and she will go into a murderous rage. These sections are presented in noir style, with bold red, black and white visuals. Rubi's attacks become faster and stronger to fight against large amounts of enemies during these sections, and killing chains of enemies extends her psychotic fury. There are also motorway sections that feature shooting integrated with quick time events.

Johno
13-09-2009, 10:55 AM
I loved it, especially the "murderous rage" areas haha. Ill probably end up getting it :)

Wayne
13-09-2009, 04:12 PM
Oh yeh, that bit was great. I love the slow mo bits. :P

ItsDave
13-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Its like, Mirrors Edge, but better I guess because theres a more of a fighting element.

Misawa
13-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Tries too hard to be both a Quentin Tarantino and a '70s exploitation film, which it fails at.

Fez
13-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Felt like Stranglehold, except Stranglehold was fun.

Wayne
13-09-2009, 04:44 PM
Yeah it reminded me of Stranglehold too. Might rent it or just keep playing the demo of WET.

GoldenMerc
13-09-2009, 04:47 PM
I've just baught the game it looks good.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!