PDA

View Full Version : Anime Hajime no Ippo

Neversoft
14-09-2009, 08:19 PM
This series has long needed it's own thread. Best long, finished series ever. Yep Paul, after watching episode nine of New Challenger I'm going to have to say it's better than Death Note. :P

Myself, Paul, Ryuzaki, future fans...

Favourite Character?
Favourite Fight?
Favourite Opening?

And oh my god theres a character in New Challenger called Hammer Nao. What a totally awesome name.

Nemo
14-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Ahhhhhh what to watch ;( i wanna finish NHK defo, then watch brotherhood upto the latest ep, then hajime no ippo, but if its so good, should iwait for FMA for a bit longer? ahhhhh.

Greed
14-09-2009, 09:30 PM
Oh wow, I remember this show. I barely watch it still, though I love it.

I remember the scene in the showers...

scared me for a bit, lol.

PaulMacC
15-09-2009, 12:26 AM
My friend at school is a giant DBZ fanatic, he'd watch no other anime. I swear he's watched DBZ like 20 times now and I forced him to watch the first episode as I was continually nudging him on MSN and said if he didnt watch it I wouldnt stop. He watched it and now he's finished the whole series in less than 4 days. I started a week before him and now he's on New Challenger. It's such a great series, it's actually forced me to work-out a bit and now I've got a daily workout plan, even though Im really slim lol.
Favourite Character is Umegawa (I think that's his name, the manga artist)
Favourite Fight is ??? (The one with the Dempsey Roll, havent seen it yet but that scene looked so bad ass)
Favourite Opening is the 2nd one.

Jord
15-09-2009, 07:01 AM
Someone give me a link to watch it :P got nothing to do might as well watch this :P

Not megavideo though :( Subscription ran out.

Southe,
15-09-2009, 07:30 PM
Favourite Character: Ippo really but i like the charcaters sendo does get a bit to smug tho
Favourite Fight: Ippo vs sendo for the title
Favourite Opening: 2nd and then 1st one. same band so its all good

Watched kimura vs mashiba lst night. You wouldnt think someone could get so awesome during an ova xD. he should of won.

starting new challenger tonight. :D took me a week and few days to get the 1st series done so im guessing ill have this done in a few days if its as good as the 1st. also got another monitor to set up so can watch and do my normal stuff at same time now.

Umm looked up the wii game only £10 so may buy it if i ever have a tenner to waste.

Inner Light
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z9y_4mnJKE
Awesome lol. gonna look into more of there songs

Neversoft
15-09-2009, 08:19 PM
Wow... I forgot to fill out my own questions.

Favourite Character - Takamura
Favourite Fight - Ippo vs Sendo (second time) and Takamura vs the bear.
Favourite Opening - Second

My friend at school is a giant DBZ fanatic, he'd watch no other anime. I swear he's watched DBZ like 20 times now and I forced him to watch the first episode as I was continually nudging him on MSN and said if he didnt watch it I wouldnt stop. He watched it and now he's finished the whole series in less than 4 days. I started a week before him and now he's on New Challenger. It's such a great series, it's actually forced me to work-out a bit and now I've got a daily workout plan, even though Im really slim lol.
Favourite Character is Umegawa (I think that's his name, the manga artist)
Favourite Fight is ??? (The one with the Dempsey Roll, havent seen it yet but that scene looked so bad ass)
Favourite Opening is the 2nd one.

Oh my god I actually forgot all about Umezawa! He isn't really in it much later on but I love his character. He's so well developed. I don't know what episode you're on so I won't say anything but he's definitely one of the best supporting characters out there.

Watched kimura vs mashiba lst night. You wouldnt think someone could get so awesome during an ova xD. he should of won.

I felt the same way. I think I actually liked Kimura vs Mashiba better than the movie. The ending was so emotional and I love how it focused on Kimura of all people. You should use spoiler tags for that last line though.

Oh and I'm watching New Challenger right now, but it's taking me ages because I've been so damn busy lately. On episode 12 though, hoping to finish it this weekend.

Southe,
15-09-2009, 09:53 PM
to late now lol and everyone spoils stuff around here anyway.

well might pace myself 5 eps a day. im also thinking about reading the manga but i dno. i hate reading online prefer a book might get one of these digital books to use and store stuff dno but its all money >.<

Edit:
Site my friend helps with
http://www.animekuro.com/anime-series/hajime-no-ippo/

Ichecked the quality and its decent. has all the eps movie and ova

Neversoft
16-09-2009, 09:46 PM
Episode 16 of New Challenger was so bloody epic. The best KO in the entire series so far.

Neversoft
17-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Finished New Challenger. Manly tears in episode 23. It was easily on par with the first season, if not better. Considering moving Hajime no Ippo up to my second favourite series, maybe even first. :P

Can't wait for the third season! Theres so much good stuff to come. I want to read the manga but it just wouldn't be the same.

Southe,
18-09-2009, 09:53 PM
hmm gonna watch more eps tonight. been getting htrottled past few nights

Neversoft
20-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Was just flicking through the manga and for anyone wondering the anime ends around chapter 398, so chapter 399 is a good point to pick the manga up after New Challenger.

Southe,
20-09-2009, 09:10 PM
might just carry on. bitty it wasn't brought over

Neversoft
20-09-2009, 09:13 PM
I ended up reading the last two chapters of Takamura vs Hawk. The art is really good and each movement in the fight is actually very easy to follow. I might just have to start reading it. :P

Southe,
20-09-2009, 10:45 PM
jesus christ i realy do suck at typing now.. bitty? lol.

And hmm might download the manga so i can store it ^^ since ill never be able to buy it :(

Jord
24-09-2009, 09:59 PM
I watched the first 4 episodes didnt like it :(

Im more into swords/magic

If you know what I mean?

95% Of the anime ive watched has something to do with spells or swords :)

Southe,
25-09-2009, 08:29 PM
Anyway, how have you beenreading the manga? Online or download? if download where you getting it from

Neversoft
27-09-2009, 04:18 PM
www.onemanga.com

Southe,
27-09-2009, 08:30 PM
as online then. i wanna download. ill have a wee look later then

Neversoft
27-09-2009, 08:39 PM
Why do you want to download it for? The quality is exactly the same and there are 868 chapters! I would understand if it was just a oneshot but... 868 chapters!

Southe,
27-09-2009, 08:40 PM
might be getting an ebook or w.e there called. mate uses one and says its good. so yea lol also means i can read it at work and stuff since nothing to do there anyway >.>

Neversoft
19-10-2009, 10:14 PM
http://i33.tinypic.com/2s1oz8y.png

Nemo
19-10-2009, 10:16 PM
http://i33.tinypic.com/2s1oz8y.png
SPOILERS PLEASE.

i r still enjoyin hajime no ippo

Neversoft
19-10-2009, 10:22 PM
What does that spoil? Please enlighten me! Unless you're asking for spoilers? I'll be happy to divulge. :D

So the person who didn't understand why Hajime no Ippo could be so good and stated that sports anime 'wasn't his thing' is enjoying the show. There is a God.

Nemo
19-10-2009, 10:46 PM
What does that spoil? Please enlighten me! Unless you're asking for spoilers? I'll be happy to divulge. :D

So the person who didn't understand why Hajime no Ippo could be so good and stated that sports anime 'wasn't his thing' is enjoying the show. There is a God.
Just joking :( No spoilers plx.

Its not that i 'didnt understand' its that i was curious as to why it was so good. And saying sports anime wasnt my thing was justified since i dont like sports irl, however hajime no ippo is different than just watching a sports game :p.

And no there isnt 1!

Neversoft
19-10-2009, 10:49 PM
I don't really like watching sports either, unless it's the Olympic Games or England make it to the world cup final. I do like the occasional boxing match though, I must say.

In a totally unrelated topic... By the power of greyskull buy a Wii again. I miss our late night Brawl matches!

Nemo
19-10-2009, 10:59 PM
I don't really like watching sports either, unless it's the Olympic Games or England make it to the world cup final. I do like the occasional boxing match though, I must say.

In a totally unrelated topic... By the power of greyskull by a Wii again. I miss our late night Brawl matches!
Mmh i agree, i rarely watch the olympics though, but i do watch tyhe world cup final and depends whos boxing really.

Stop calling me he-man! and i do too, however i aint buying a wii again just for that. Get an xbox and we can have some more fun :D

Neversoft
19-10-2009, 11:04 PM
Huh? I didn't call you He-Man! What are you on about?

You're the master of the universe, surely you can afford another Wii. My brother has an Xbox so I can just use his but in all honesty I'm just not really interested in the games. Halo is good but I find it gets boring fast, same goes for Call of Duty. They just don't have the same fun and excitement Brawl does in my opinion.

Nemo
19-10-2009, 11:32 PM
Huh? I didn't call you He-Man! What are you on about?

You're the master of the universe, surely you can afford another Wii. My brother has an Xbox so I can just use his but in all honesty I'm just not really interested in the games. Halo is good but I find it gets boring fast, same goes for Call of Duty. They just don't have the same fun and excitement Brawl does in my opinion.
you implied it!

Well we can just play halo, it wont have the same fun but hell its better than nothin !

Neversoft
19-10-2009, 11:39 PM
Ok, let's play now! I'll just burst into my brothers room while he's sleeping and play his games. He probably won't mind. Let's do this!

Nemo
19-10-2009, 11:41 PM
Ok, let's play now! I'll just burst into my brothers room while he's sleeping and play his games. He probably won't mind. Let's do this!
Some of us have school tomorrow!

unless that was sarcastic, i cant tell.

Neversoft
19-10-2009, 11:54 PM
I was being sarcastic. :P

Southe,
20-10-2009, 09:19 AM
seen victorious Boxing or w.e it was in Game at the preowned bit for the wii xD £12. was like hmm and turned it round and theres ippo in all his glory standing on the back lol. didnt buy it tho. can probs get cheaper online. and my 2 year old student card wont get me 10% off pre owned games lol

Neversoft
23-10-2009, 05:13 PM
News just in - The user known as lNaughtyNemo has Hajime no Ippo in his signature. Spectators report that he is succumbing to the awesomeness.

In other news - Neversoft announced that he will buy the Hajime no Ippo 'Victorious Boxers Challenge' game for Wii in due time. Only £9.99 from Amazon.

Nemo
23-10-2009, 05:18 PM
News just in - The user known as lNaughtyNemo has Hajime no Ippo in his signature. Spectators report that he is succumbing to the awesomeness.

In other news - Neversoft announced that he will buy the Hajime no Ippo 'Victorious Boxers Challenge' game for Wii in due time. Only £9.99 from Amazon.
I already had, just decided to show it :P.

And is it even any good? :p let me know!

Nemo
24-10-2009, 03:48 PM
IPPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/9462/ippo.jpg

fnxfnx

Southe,
25-10-2009, 09:35 AM
quite good. was drawing stuff the other night. master roshi and luffy i drew xD may draw ippo next time. only thing i suck at is the colouring.

Nemo
25-10-2009, 12:40 PM
quite good. was drawing stuff the other night. master roshi and luffy i drew xD may draw ippo next time. only thing i suck at is the colouring.
Same, thats why its black and white ;p

Southe,
26-10-2009, 12:06 AM
lol i use to be really good at drawing. but hardly draw anymore so i suck quite badly now. so drawing every few days now with my mate. gives me something to do when im completley bored.

i wanna draw a pic of ippo, and the Sato pick from nhk v1 with the katana. suppose we could make an anime related drawing thread. like for a joke. i made monkey dbz related pics xD wait ill upload them..

did this for a joke and people thought it was awesome
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e171/southe89/ssjblackguy.png

Couldnt be bothered but hercule monkey
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e171/southe89/MoxDB-Hercule.png

and mate wanted a vegeta one so
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e171/southe89/MoxDB-Vegeta.png

was all for a laugh tho xD im sure if i put some effort into them would be better and all done on paint in like 5-10 mins

Nemo
26-10-2009, 11:57 AM
The vegeta 1 is awesome :P

PaulMacC
26-10-2009, 03:26 PM
I finished New Challenger. It was kind of a there is more to come ending.
Cant wait for Season 3.
Now to catch up on Bleach, Naruto, Gintama and anything else I forgot to watch while watching Ippo.

Neversoft
02-01-2010, 11:29 PM
IPPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/9462/ippo.jpg

fnxfnx

Oh wow never saw this before. :P If you make it a little more bolder it'll be closer to the style of the series, but nevertheless nice sketch!

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e171/southe89/MoxDB-Vegeta.png

rofl

Southe,
03-01-2010, 10:55 AM
lol made that when i was bored. monkeys are apes are awesome for making pics like that.

Nemo
06-01-2010, 03:00 AM
date vs ricardo.

what.
the.

Neversoft
06-01-2010, 07:17 AM
date vs ricardo.

what.
the.

You ain't seen nothing yet. :D I think the series finale is probably my favourite fight out of all the series. I hope you'll agree. :8

NO ONE SPOIL IT FOR HIM

PaulMacC
06-01-2010, 07:28 AM
I WANT ANOTHER SEASON.
Anymore info on the new season bar the confirmation.

Neversoft
06-01-2010, 11:41 AM
No and there won't be for a long time.

Southe,
06-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Thats where the manga comes in :D beed to start reading it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!