PDA

View Full Version : Should sun-tan beds be legal?

kuzkasate
15-09-2009, 04:14 PM
I watched a few programmes about suntan beds and they are saying that they are not at all healthy... they increase your risk of getting cancer by 75%!

In some countries it is BANNED and in some there is an age policy... what should happen in Britain?

EDIT: Sorry for the title it is meant to be allowed instead of legal! :P

Suspective
15-09-2009, 04:16 PM
Yes, there should be age restrictions on sun bed use. But I don't see why they shouldn't be legal as long as there being use properly. I am in favor though of some more legislation.

kuzkasate
15-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Yes, there should be age restrictions on sun bed use. But I don't see why they shouldn't be legal as long as there being use properly. I am in favor though of some more legislation.

Yh... and I think they should actually check the age instead of letting EVERYONE in :rolleyes:

BeanEgg
15-09-2009, 05:16 PM
They should be banned. I consider people who use them to be sun begs.

efq
15-09-2009, 05:26 PM
Not really. It's your choice, aslong as you are told of the risks at the end of the day it's your decision to go with it. I would allow it but I wouldn't allow someone to use it regularly.
I would find it accepable to use it every 3-6 months only once or just before you go abroad to get a bit of a starter tan.
But everything in the world gives you cancer, every second you live your at risk of cancer. I am at risk of cancer from typing right now or just sitting here.

Personally, I think tans are stupid and I lack the knowledge of why they are so great. In Portugal you see all these tourists who are white as snow burning to death to get a tan, usually it's the english. I come to England and people are trying to tan still... I think the whole 'getting a dark tan' thing is ridiculous.
I don't care about my tan, I didn't want to get it deliberately but of course living in Portugal all your life you going to.

lick
15-09-2009, 05:30 PM
yeah the should be allowed, people know the risks and its there fault if anything happens

9y
15-09-2009, 06:42 PM
There should be a age restriction and also a way of stopping people overusing them.

e5
15-09-2009, 06:43 PM
Keep the age limit to, then it's the adults choice to get on the tan beds and give themselves cancer or not.

kuzkasate
15-09-2009, 08:11 PM
Not really. It's your choice, aslong as you are told of the risks at the end of the day it's your decision to go with it. I would allow it but I wouldn't allow someone to use it regularly.
I would find it accepable to use it every 3-6 months only once or just before you go abroad to get a bit of a starter tan.
But everything in the world gives you cancer, every second you live your at risk of cancer. I am at risk of cancer from typing right now or just sitting here.

Personally, I think tans are stupid and I lack the knowledge of why they are so great. In Portugal you see all these tourists who are white as snow burning to death to get a tan, usually it's the english. I come to England and people are trying to tan still... I think the whole 'getting a dark tan' thing is ridiculous.
I don't care about my tan, I didn't want to get it deliberately but of course living in Portugal all your life you going to.

Well thats the problem, many people DO NOT know the risks... and they arent told? Surely they could do some advertising or something! Cos hardly anyone knows...

efq
15-09-2009, 08:24 PM
I think the people who don't know the risks, haven't been outside in the world. Cancer is played into our heads daily.
"Wine gives you cancer" next day "Wine reduces the risk of developing cancer"

kuzkasate
15-09-2009, 08:26 PM
I think the people who don't know the risks, haven't been outside in the world. Cancer is played into our heads daily.
"Wine gives you cancer" next day "Wine reduces the risk of developing cancer"

Yes, but many people dont know the risks of getting cancer in a sun bed... and anyway, many young people are using it without knowing the risk...

-K8T!E-
17-09-2009, 10:48 PM
I think they should be banned. Some people are too stupid to realise how bad they are for you.

infatuation
17-09-2009, 11:01 PM
I agree with someone else in here. I think they're fine. Sure, you can get cancer, but what can't you get cancer from now adays? The only reason I don't do it is because it effects your skin in the long term. Makes it more wrinkly.. etc. Besides, for the people who are "too stupid to realise" it, let them be. You can tell them that when they get the cancer ;)

wazog
20-09-2009, 09:10 AM
Yes, If you want people to get skin cancer.
No! Sun bed's should be illegal.

dogboy123
20-09-2009, 09:19 AM
I think that they do it at their own risk, they know what can happen

Hushie
20-09-2009, 09:39 AM
Age restrictions should be properly enforced but I don't think they should be banned for everyone.

UKIP
20-09-2009, 10:35 AM
No, while I would never use one because I think they are dangerous this is why;

- The government needs to keep its nose out of so many things, this being one of them.
- Cigarettes & Alcohol are just as dangerous, and they aren't banned because of taxation.
- It is a persons choice to use them, responsible usage (such as for weddings etc) is fine.

AlexOC
20-09-2009, 10:47 AM
No,

If someone wants to use them, and get cancer, let them..

Although there should be a restriction on people who use them day in day out.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!